Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

This was/is a big concern to me also...I am 3 wks post-op tomorrow and have not even thought I am any where near trying for the big O....well, last nite, in the middle of the nite, I awoke in the middle of an intense one ...This used to happen to me when I was pregnant....I did not tell my DH today, but I was very glad to know that it still functions!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
The Big "O" just got a little smaller..

This website is a blessing. To be honest I didn't even start experiencing good Orgasims till a few years ago... and now that I've had my LSH they are not the same. I still have the build up,,but the actual O is less intense. And not as easy to achieve. It's frustrating, but honestly whats more frustrating is I could have been having these for 20 years! I didn't know any better,,, What a bummer!
Anyway, I'm hoping that with time they will get better.. I still have my cervix and ovaries but I have no idea if this is the best it's going to get. It's only been 8 weeks...got plenty more healing to do.
Would love to hear from other sisters who've had Laparoscopic supracervical....
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:42 PM

I am 3 weeks post op and me and my dh had outcourse a couple of days ago. I had an "O" but was very disappointed. The build up was great but really felt nothing with the O. I ended up crying and have not even wanted to think about tryig it again. I guess I just don't want to know that is how it is going to be from now on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC2005
I am 3 weeks post op and me and my dh had outcourse a couple of days ago. I had an "O" but was very disappointed. The build up was great but really felt nothing with the O. I ended up crying and have not even wanted to think about tryig it again. I guess I just don't want to know that is how it is going to be from now on

I would try not to worry if I were you..you are still very early in recovery, only 3 weeks, and are probably tense, nervous about hurting something, or the pain of actual intercourse....it does take time...I had a urethra sling and a&p stitched repairs in 2002, before this last big surgery, but for months after the 1st surgery, orgasms seemed weak...or the build up was there, but they never seemed to fully peak and would just disappear mid way...very hard to imagine that was how it was going to be...but when I relaxed more, and didn't worry about rupturing anything, in time they were more wonderful than before....hopefully it will be the same again this time...but I will not put the pressure on myself that I did last surgery.....
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM

That's a good theory about the type of surgery affecting O. I had an LAVH...maybe those who have had internal vaginal incisions require more healing time? It isn't completely out of the ballpark that some nerves are cut down there during the surgery and everyone knows nerves need lots of time to regenerate.

I do have to say that as time goes on, even the outercourse O's are getting stronger. I have high hopes for intercourse next week!
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:50 AM

HI,

I am 7 years since my total - and the thing that I discovered is that they are not the same - and this website wasn't there at the time - I only just found out about it. What I know now is that there are nerve endings that were on my cervix that I took for granted (remember pelvic scraping?) well, where his part and mine used to "fit" now has no matching space in me. Orgasms are different - and have found ways to enjoy, none- the less. Some women have told me they have better ones...perhaps discovering more with the clitoris. And - other nerves do take over. Kegel helps and looking for the new options - like discovering a new "keyboard" on a computer - Love helps and I wish you well - another friend told me that if you enjoy giving the pleasure, it helps to just have a nice time. I cried alot at first - something was missing - yes, cervix and uterus....but after awhile acceptance and going for the good time surpasses the O. Also, the more you have sex (really) the better it becomes. Good luck to you - and do allow yourself time to grieve if you need to - that also helps to discover the new you. signed, Venice dreamer
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Have you tried to have your husband work your G spot? or do you think it is No longer there? It is not on the cervix but the vaginal wall, but it is the generator of orgasms..... you can google search it.
I would think this might be a good time to do so, if you have not.
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Just curious....When can you have "outercourse"?
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM

G spot is ok - but not the "deal" for me - I even purchased "items for more pleasure" to help - some do - and husband has had fun with these too - since before, I did not try these things.....so it is a new adventure - and as they said on star trek - the adventure continues.......
Unread 09-12-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMaui
Just curious....When can you have "outercourse"?
You need to check with your doctor to see when it is okay for you! Some doctors say until complete clearance. Others allow some earlier than your full release. Only your doctor knows what is okay and safe for you! You won't be the first to call and ask and you won't be the last! The nurse may even be able to answer your questions!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register