Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 09-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

maybe those that are having troubles achieving o's should try resorting to some physical touching ofyour own to see if you can achieve one that way and see how it is before letting your dear hubby try anything.. Try the old mast..... see if it helps at all with any of you having troubles may be the ticket I dont know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM

I had a LSH and for me it seems different sometimes and the same at others. With the LSH, it is supposed to be the most natural since you still have your cervix. I have done it alone or my BF did oral on me (TMI) but I am scared to death of real X yet. I am going to try it this weekend, but never really got off through penetration anyway.
I sometimes think that I should've followed my mind and had the myomectomy to avoid this and this permanent swelly belly.
Unread 09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
My experience...

I'm 8 weeks out post-op with TAH and I have to say my experience has been better. We were cleared by my OB/GYN for outercourse at 4 weeks and cleared for intercourse at 6 weeks.

I had been worried about my reactions since it everything was gone now (one ovary removed 8 years ago) but since I had questions about whether they were working normally beforehand anyway, my worries were minimal. We have always had outercourse along with intercourse and so our first try with outercourse post-op was wonderful.

I had problems before with it taking time for O to occur. This time it happened very quickly and just as intense. When it came time for intercourse, my only concern had been the vaginal discharge I still have but we happened to choose a day when it was not occurring and everything was great.

DH was as wonderful and caring as he has always been and once again my orgasm was just as quick and intense. Both DH and I have been very happy with the new timing since we still have 4 kids at home.

It seems that everyones experiences are varied due to different situations and probably hormone/testosterone levels. I wish everyone's situations could be better.

kdg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 05:42 PM

I am 2 1/2 months after TAH & have a the big O. But it just aint what it was, no where as intense as it was before. I don't know who misses me shaking with delight more, me or Hubby.
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM

Well I am 1 Yr post op now. My orgasms have come back like wild fire. They are more intense now. I guess the waiting really helped.

Tammy
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM

my DH & I had a long chat last night, we both had some things in our life going on {kids, money, in laws, you know the normal stuff}. I feel like we reconnected. I think that helped me. He reminded me that I was still a woman, & he very much desired me. Well long story, short version. I had orgasm like the way it was. A 10 in my book. I guess what helped was it was just us, & he reminded me how much he loves me and how much I deeply love him. I wonder now that things will be like in a year.
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM

I got clearance from my doctor to do anything EXCEPT intercourse before 6 weeks. I had my first "O" at almost 3 weeks post op. Since then, DH and I have fooled around quite a bit and I didn't expect this, but for me, my big "O" is much more intense!! I thought it was intense before surgery, too. But, I will say it's better for me because pre-surgery, immediately after the big "O", I'd get pain and I am guessing that might have had to do with the adenomyosis. I would get knife like pain pre-surgery AFTER the big "O". That pain is gone!! woo hoo. Doctor took my cervix out, too, and I was raelly worried that with my cervix and uterus gone that my "O's" would be less pleasurable, but it's the exact opposite for me. I go to my 6 week check this coming Friday... hopefully the doc will clear me for intecourse, and I'll see how that goes! Hopefully it'll be fine... :-)
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:31 AM

I had adenomyosis also. I also thought that without my cervix & uterus, my O's would be not as strong or as pleasurable. I think that it was the fear of the O being different. I compared what I had before surgery as having an 11, now it's just a perfect 10. I can live with a 10.
Good luck at you dr's appointment.
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM

LTR ---me too. The big O was intense before and now it is through the roof. Love it and so does DH. Was cleared for intimacy at 4 weeks. Of course I shaved a day or so off that time frame.

Everyone have a great day, now that it is light outside I have to get dressed and check on a horse that might be sick.
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:06 AM

okay, so can we not have an O at all until cleared?? I'm not even one week out (today is day 5) and I'm feeling the urge ... of course, it would be self induced (can I say that?? eek, sorry). is the contraction down there bad at this moment???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register