Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

I had a very healthy sex drive that I couldn't use during my 6 week waiting period too. But now my drive just isn't there. I just don't have that feeling or urge like I used to.

Frankly, I cannot stand it and do not feel like I am the same person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:21 AM

daxlou

That was about the time I gave it a try. After that you will know.
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Kjjjranch,

Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 09:36 AM

I had specifically asked my doctor pre-op about orgasms.. and he said 'as soon as you feel up to it.. no problem.. enjoy!'. I had my first one at 3 days post op.. and it was awesome I've been having pretty intense orgasms through manual stimulation for the past few weeks.

I just came back from my 1 month post-op appointment, and everything is healing up great. He said my partner and I could resume intercourse in about a week.. so I've marked an entire day on my calendar. *grin* I'm anxious to find out how vaginal orgasms feel now.
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Post Surgery

POST SURGERY, I personally came to a place in my life that I needed the Surgery so bad to stop all the pain and fatigue I was willing to trade my last years on earth forgetting great sex for pain free, vico free final years of my life. Thats how bad it all had gotten.

I couldn't have sex while I had prolepses anyway and it was painful. I had zero interest in sex a year before my surgery due to pain and hormones all going haywire. After surgery started on a few different HRT and ended up with Estratest. I did try to fly solo before I was ready and nothing happen, so see dont give up!! with the right HRT you too can feel whole again. Estratest Seems to be doing the job took a few months to get my libido up but I actually felt like having sex! I was shocked, and scared I wanted to make sure I could still have the big O. So I did a solo fly by and it worked!!! My clitoral orgasms were just as intense, I was out of practice so I tried it again 2 more times the next few days and it worked each time and felt great! Put a new gettie up in my step. I am sure one day I will want to try full penetration, there is no rush, after all I am a divorced mom of a teenager, and she is my first priority! No dating or fooling around with strangers while I have a child to raise. I do have booty calls I can try out my new sexual digs with but still not too happy to what happen to my body over my peri menopausal years!! Need to change that first! GOOD LUCK..Hope this isnt TMI but felt the need to write it. .
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:14 AM

It really helps me to read the problems what other women have gone or going thru. I thought I was the only one. This site is wonderful. It has given me so much info and support. I fill like I can rule my life again.
P.S. I think that it would be a better world if even said what they felt that they had to say. After all it does feel good to get if off your chest. Thanks.
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:14 PM

I am 3mos. post-op and myOs have been great and intense in a very strange kind of way . Alos I lubricate during forplay much easier. I hope those of you who are having some difficulty, it will probably get better. It was a little rough for me on the first try. I even have multiple orgasms again with no pain.. I believe it will get better for you all soon. SMOOTH SAILING !!!!!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:23 PM

alafaday:
Did you have everything out? I noticed that things don't seem as intense... clitoral "o"s okay, but thats as far as it seems to go..
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:35 PM

PATTIE... YES EVERYTHING and I really didn"t know what to expect. The surgeon did not discuss it with me at all. I first noticed a difference in my libido when my dh who was very attentive during my recovery, reachedacross me to put something on the bedpost over me and I felt a sense of heightened arousal (unusual for me in the past).. Some of my Os have not been as intense. but I find when I am relaxed and rested, they are
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM

TO :MIMI77 I have a theory that lessened sex drive may have a direct correlation in our emotional well being. I was not a "hot tamale" before surgery, in fact, dh complained that I didn"t have enough interest. I was a person who did everything for the family, kept the house together ,kept track of the bills and waited on dh. After surgery, dh became very attentive and caring,and nurturingI found myself hardly waiting for my 6 week ok from the surgeon. someone on the site said that this would end after about 6 weeks.I was wondering why this would happen. MY THEORY.... After 6 weeks, when you are feeling better, it"t business as usual. No more pampering and many times dh and family expect you to go back to waiting on them and in my casebeing responsible for the household. Any of you ladies have any thoughts on this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register