Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

I'm almost 4years post now, they took everything. I'm glad i had the surgery, but i have almost no sex drive at all now. I almost never have O's anymore and i can only hope that it will go back to way it was. Thankfully i have a very understanding dh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh how I miss my 6 weeks!!!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:05 PM

waterfalls have you tried testostrone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 12:43 PM

I haven't tried testosterone, my obgyn tried progesterone, first as pill then as a patch, but they gave me tremendous migraines and made me fell pretty weird. I noticed that this site has an all natural cream in their store and was thinking about trying that. the doctors think my migraines are hormone related, they hoped that they would stop after surgery, but they put me on hrt so they are better than before but not completely gone. My dh thinks that i should leave things the way they are, he hates it when i take more drugs more so when they make me hurt , he just tells me that it doesn't matter because he loves me, but it bothers me i miss that closeness that we had. Sorry i didn't mean to ramble on like that.
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:25 PM

I had zero desire until I took the HRT I am on now, it has a little bit of testosterone in it. It took a few months but the desire came back, like all of a sudden it was good to have it back!! I was not sure if I was going to take HRT but with the problems I had after surgery I opted to try it. So far so good. This one I am on now is the 3 try. First the patch, then Permian now Estratest.. so some research on it, it may be worth a try? GOOD LUCK!!!
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:21 PM

I also take the Estratest FS and have not had any problems. In fact it is only getting better. The way that I look at it is this, which situation is worse no hrt or taking hrt. Take the lesser of the two evils.
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Can't take HRT

I would like to be able to take HRT, but I have advanced liver Disease, from auto immune hepatitsis. So I out of luck on HRT.
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serolynne
I had specifically asked my doctor pre-op about orgasms.. and he said 'as soon as you feel up to it.. no problem.. enjoy!'. I had my first one at 3 days post op.. and it was awesome I've been having pretty intense orgasms through manual stimulation for the past few weeks.

I just came back from my 1 month post-op appointment, and everything is healing up great. He said my partner and I could resume intercourse in about a week.. so I've marked an entire day on my calendar. *grin* I'm anxious to find out how vaginal orgasms feel now.
THREE DAYS!?!

I had A&P repair and am terrified of having an O and ripping my internal stitches. It's amazing how walking around afraid I'll orgams affects my mindset. It's like when you try not to think about something and then that's all you think about. It's very odd. My sex drive is nuts. I have been having sex dream on and off since surgery. I have had the exact opposite of mental and emotional responses than I'd thought I'd have.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:09 AM

I'm taking Permian pill form now, it seems to work pretty well for most of the issues except lack of desire and o's. My doc is worried that if we change things around the migraines will get out of control again. I saw her for my yearly check up 2 weeks ago, I will have to do some research and see what they say about using it with people who have migraines. Thanks, it helps just to be able to talk to people who understand. your all 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register