24 and facing TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

24 and facing TVH 24 and facing TVH

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM
24 and facing TVH

Hello,
I'm scheduled for a TVH on Sept the 12th 2007.

It all started from having endometriosis, stage 3.
I was put on Lurpon at my 4wk post op check. I took one shot, and 3 months later, another (and last) shot.
Not even half way through I'm expirencing the same pain as before going in to my gyno with the lower abdomen pain.
I went to him to get my 2 round of lupron (which btw, SUCKS!) and my doctor says, well you might could have the endo again, and the shot isn't responding with your body right. (its not 100%). So we talk about a possible hysto.

I then went for my 2nd opinion. And that doctor who speicalizes in endo and fertility. And asks me over and over if I for sure am done have children (I have 2 boys, one 7yrs old, and one 2 1/2 yrs old) And yes, I'm for sure done. I had a misscarriage in b/w both boys. Vaginal births, no major problems. He then finds 3 large choc cysts on my ovary.
So now, we're deft. scheduling a hysto he says.

However, I have diagnosed IC (intersysctial cystitis) where its inflamation of the bladder lining. I always wish they would make ONE 'below the waist doctor'. Not so though.

So now, that is my story in a nutshell. Can anyone thats been there, give me insight? I'm terrified. I'm excited I won't be in any more pain. But at the same time, I'm 24 years old. And going to loose what makes a woman a woman, and live on hormones for the rest of my life.

All in all; I'm scared.

I'm married for 7yrs now, to the boy's father, he is very supportive in whatever has to happen.
I have amazing close friends, we're all very tight nit. And my mom is coming out to help out for 2wks for it. (I'm org. from Cali and that's where all my fam is.) And I also have the best inlaws anyone could ask for! So I have a great support system. but insight from other's is so helpful.
thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
24 and facing TVH

I have just posted a similar post. I am scheduled for a TVH on the 4th of Sept. I am very nervous and also hoping that I am making the right decision. I have one child. I have endo but not as severe as yours.

Best wishes and just know that this is the best forum for support.
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
24 and facing TVH

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

First, your DNA makes you a woman, not your uterus and not your ovaries! So even if you have a hyst and BSO you will still be very much a woman!

Next, it is very important that you understand endometriosis as much as possible. You can start by reading through the Endometriosis Resources. Not all women with endo are allowed to take HRT following their hyst. So you and your doctor need to thoroughly discuss the pros and cons of HRT and endo for you. If you do choose to use estrogen replacement, you will want to ask about also taking progesterone to help comabat the estrogen so that the estrogen does not feed any endo that gets left behind.

Unfortunately a hyst is not a cure all for those of us with endo. Some of us do continue to have pain issues post hyst. I hope that you are one that does amazingy well and can move on with your life pain free!

Have you met with a urologist with regard to the IC? Have you adjusted your diet for the IC? We have many women on the site who have IC so you may want to do a site search to see what they have done to help them feel their best!

I wish you the very best for your upcoming surgery and hope you find support and information here on the site to help you! s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
24 and facing TVH

Yes, I have for the IC, I've been dealing with IC since I was only 15yrs old. I live on the IC diet (as close to as possible) and I take elmerion and elivil and those work the best for me to keep it on the back burner as much as possible.
I just always get asked "are you sure its not IC, causing your pain" but its been proven with the endo.
Its just hard-I know I will still be a woman, its just a form I think of having to go through this so young. But its why God blessed me at such a young age with two beautiful babies.
I'm just greatful for what I have, and pray I get through this as well.
Thanks for the replies.
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:17 AM
24 and facing TVH

Quote:
I always wish they would make ONE 'below the waist doctor'. Not so though.
There are doctors which are specialize in uro gynecology. There will be one assisting with my hyster because my gyn doc thinks that I may come accross some bladder issues from adhesions caused by my c-sections. You should check to see if there are any in your area.
wooshmoosh
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:18 PM
24 and facing TVH

I am only 27 and just had the discussion with my dr yesterday to make sure I am done having children. We have 2 and my Husband had already has a vesectemy so that wasn't a hard decision. However I totally understand felling frustrated at being young and facing a Hyst. Best of luck!
Unread 09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
24 and facing TVH

I'm only 24 and just had a hyster on July 3rd..I too had the same feelings about being to young.But I had my tubes tied.The way I seen it was that I have 3 beautiful children.And I for sure wasn't having anymore. My husband was very understanding in this whole process..I wish you the best of luck !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register