Help me understand these blood test results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help me understand these blood test results Help me understand these blood test results

Unread 09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Help me understand these blood test results

Hi all,
Well, I guess this is the first step in trying to feel better, but honestly, now I am more confused than ever !! Everything looks in the normal range ! How can this be?!
My dr faxed these results to me on Friday and I have an appt on Tuesday to go over them all.
Here is what they say.........
Testosterone, serum 36 ng/dL normal 14-76

Estradiol 111 pg/mL normal 19-528
normal for this is confusing because it is broken down
by days of cycle and then postmenopausal (untreated)
Normal for postmenospausal untreated is 0-31

Cortisol - AM 10.1 normal 4.3 - 22.4
DHEA 288 ng/dL normal 110-554

Progesterone 1.0 ng/dL
this normal is also broken down by days in cycle and
postmenopausal is 0.0 - 0.7

TSH 0.5
Free T4 1.1

Cholesterol and everything else in Lipid panel and CBC are also normal.........So I should feel great !
How do these results look? Is there someone on here who can give me some insight on these results ? I just want to be informed when I go to for my appt on Tuesday.
Thanks so much !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Sometimes the numbers do not actually reflect how you feel. I do not get tested for hormone levels. I did a couple of times, one saliva and one blood, and the blood test was much, much closer to actuality. However, I am not going to spend my life trying to attain a certain number. I just trust my body and go by how I feel. Testing is useful in some situations, for sure, especially when trying to determine if you need testosterone or not and if you just really have no idea where to start. If you are still having symptoms, I would write them down and give them to the doctor. I don't know if this helps or not. Good luck.
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Hi Rose!

I agree with (((Carol)))--the numbers aren't necessarily going to reflect how you feel. The same happened to me when I had my levels tested. When I was told the results were normal, I insisted that I didn't feel normal and if this was normal, I wanted to be abnormal so I could feel like me again. Thankfully my symptoms were taken into consideration, my hormones were tweaked and eventually we hit on what helped me feel like me again.

I think keeping a journal of your symptoms is a good idea. Write down what they are, how frequent they are and also note any other medications or supplements you are taking. The journal can be a valuable tool to help figure out what may need changing to help you feel better. It might help you to refer to this link to the Too Much/Too Little symptom list.

Let us know how your appointment goes, okay?

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register