Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Still having much pain with BMs. This sounds liek everyone else. On the 11th I thought I would quit percoset, then I took 1 on the 12th and 1 on th 13th to help me sleep. The first night I had 11 hours straight. The second night, only about 6 hours. Now the constipation is back. I have been taking 1-2 stool softeners a day too. I have been walking outside 3 - 4 times a day since I came home. Today's long walk was about a mile.

I am having some cramping in front during the latter parts of the walks. But by and large, the worst thing is gas and constipation! When will that end!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
11 days post-op also, and constipated

I feel your pain of being constipated after 11 days! Mine comes and goes, right along with my use of painkillers. I have been taking Miralax but even with that I still sometimes get constipated! You walked a mile? Can we do that? I know I overdo it during the day but I feel pretty good. We went out for dinner and drinks with friends last night. It was my b-day and I was NOT staying home! It was fun but tiring. Lost a few stitches this morning on the toilet paper but that is normal I'm sure. I still am having a little trouble urinating on my own from a&p repairs. Sometimes I feel like a toddler getting potty-trained because I have to keep running to the bathroom so much! Maybe I'll just run around with no pants to keep it simple!

Jackie
Unread 09-15-2007, 07:31 AM

I'm now 9 days post-op and starting to have slight pain in my bladder when peeing. Anyone else experienced that? I'm going to buy some cranberry juice today to see if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 07:33 AM

yes, I had burning when I peed. I just drank alot of water and that has helped.
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Feeling better all the time!

Good morning all!
day 10 for me. What hurts for me is BM's. Not terrible but its not normal yet. I didn't get stool softners like my doc suggested so when I go its a bit painful. Hopefully that won't last much longer, I will have dh pick up some fruit for me. I am craving watermellon anyway!! I know one thing is for sure, I can feel the emptyness inside where before it always felt like I had a basketball inside there! What a great feeling!!
Hope everyone else is feeling well!
s
Connie
Oh, so far today I haven't had to take a pain med. I've been on the 800mg of motrin twice/day.
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Naming fibroids

I never thought about naming my fibroid. I wish I had. That certainly would have brought some levity to the situation. Plus, I'm told (though I will find out more at my appt. on Wed) that i had about a 14-16 week pregnant sized uterus. That was almost like having an alien living in me, certainly deserved a name.

I appreciated Cats comments about having an easy time of it. It made me realize that I, too, am actually do quite well, now that I finally started pooping. I wonder why some get their bowels moving right away while others, like me, it takes over a week. I was off pain meds (except ibuprofen) after the second day so I know it wasn't that anymore. Oh well, I'm just grateful I'm going.

Hug

Hugs to everyone out there in their healing. Have a restful weekend.
Unread 09-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Ahhhhh is was one week ago today I was getting put into my own room in the Castle! Wow this week went by fast. I am so amazed at the very little pain I have had. I do feel like I have some chest congestion and I try to cough lightly!

My DH has to go back to work today. He drives cross country for UPS. So he will be back on Wednesday. I have been given strict orders to REST! Its only been one week and I am going CRAZY!

I do have to drive my son to work today, its only 10 min. up the road.

It really is a pleasure to connect with you all during our recovery period and to see where we all are at. I hope everyone has a great day!!

RT66Cruiser oxox
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Hi all, I am 9 days post op and doing better than I expected. I'm only on Motrin every 4 hours. My belly is big and kinda feels tight. My staples were taking out 3 days ago and replaced with steri strips. My dh is gonna set his laptop up for me in the living room. It's hard to sit at the computer desk. The living room has become my bedroom too. I can only get comfy on the couch with about six pillows. I need the belly band! I walk around holding my stomach so my insides don't fall out. Gotta go and lay down now. Till later Sister Sherri
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM

First, thanks to everyone that has given me pointers. I am 11 days post op and not feeling too bad. I just get really sore if I try and do too much. I also burned a little when I peed and I also drank a lot of water. My doctor said that it was normal and nothing to worry about. What worries me is that most women bleed afterwards and I haven't bled at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:26 PM

Hey OneScaredSister,
I had just minimal spotting the day after surgery and haven't bled since. As a matter of fact, my third day home I gave away all my "period supplies" to a friend, and felt so incredibly good doing it!! I don't know for sure, but I think lack of bleeding after is a good thing. Quick healing? I guess I lost very little blood during surgery, so maybe that's a sign I clot faster or something. Maybe it's the same for you. I think I'd be more worried if there WAS bleeding. Dunno, just counting my blessings! lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register