Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekmer
I'm now 9 days post-op and starting to have slight pain in my bladder when peeing. Anyone else experienced that? I'm going to buy some cranberry juice today to see if that helps.
Cranberry juice is good, especially if has no sugar added. The sugar in cranberry juice gives bacteria in the bladder something to help them grow. Cranberry capsules are easily found at pharmacies and health food stores and do not contain sugar. I've been religiously taking them because I want to avoid a UTI. There are home test kits available for UTIs from the pharmacy in case you feel like you are getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescaredsister
First, thanks to everyone that has given me pointers. I am 11 days post op and not feeling too bad. I just get really sore if I try and do too much. I also burned a little when I peed and I also drank a lot of water. My doctor said that it was normal and nothing to worry about. What worries me is that most women bleed afterwards and I haven't bled at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
onescaredsister, I also have had no bleeding or spotting. I gave all my goodies to my daughter. I thank God for that. One less thing to deal with in our recovery.
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:03 PM

I am 11 days post op and also am going stir crazy. I want to get back to doing things independently. I also want to have sex, but that is out of the question. Guess knowing that I cannot have it is what makes me want it more. Oh well, I have an appt the 28th. I had a TVH and am hoping that I will be cleared for a hot little night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Hello All

Alrighty then, where do I start. I had an adominal hysterectomy on Sept. 4th. I had horrible nurses in the hospital, but other then that I was okay. I was released on the 6th and was home in my own bed, YAY! I have had few problems: very painful gas, numbness above my incision site, soreness at the site, and the newest a uti. other then that I really feel good and have been walking each day alittle more. Today went to gym and walked slowly on the treadmill which felt great, though i wanted to do more and it was hard not to. I am here for anyone to talk to, would love to actually, and am soooo happy to have found this site.
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Hi all,
Day 9
I'm the same minimal spotting day one then nothing. May be your right about the clotting thing. I was thinking of giving away all my supplies but thought they may come in handy for visitors in an emergency. could just be the hoarder in me.

I still have a lot of wind pain and this burning pain to the right of my navel but I must be getting better I was grumping at my DH & Kids about mess and leaving freezers open. Sleeping much better and can nearly get down the stairs at normal walking pace not quite!
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:51 PM

I had my hyst on 9-04... Doing great with the constipation issue... I did start having a bit couple days after, but when I arrived home I started eating yogart every morning with Bran One mixed in and haven't had any issues since... I sure hope this helps you. Good luck...
Unread 09-16-2007, 12:53 AM

I am 12 days post op and was doing alright, until tonight. I think I over did it. I went shopping with my mother in law, out to lunch and later that day went grocery shopping with dh. I came home washed dishes, put the groceries away, and now I feel like I've been run over by a train. My belly is swollen and hurts inside, I am exhausted, and I feel like crap. I guess it's back to bed for me. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow. I have also been suffering with terrible itching down below, it's unbearable, i've tried tucks pads, cool water and nothing works, this has been going on for a week. Has anybody else had this problem?
Unread 09-16-2007, 12:58 AM

latteluv,

I had my hysto one day prior to you and have had an ok recovery to date. Like you I also went to the shops with hubby and kids, then onto another, then home and swept and folded washing (for which I got into severe trouble from hubby!) I then crashed on the lounge and went to bed early.

I woke up this morning not too sore although very teary, crying for no reason, not sure if this is the hormones kicking in as I lost my left ovary also, or whether it was just due to exhaustion after yesterday.

Tomorrow is my first day home alone as hubby goes back to work and kids are all going back to school.

Think I might get photos and organise them all.
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekmer
I'm now 9 days post-op and starting to have slight pain in my bladder when peeing. Anyone else experienced that? I'm going to buy some cranberry juice today to see if that helps.
This is just a reminder that this thread is for your progress reports. If you have questions about your own recovery/surgery, please start a NEW thread in our PostOp forum.
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latteluv
I am 12 days post op and was doing alright, until tonight. I think I over did it. I went shopping with my mother in law, out to lunch and later that day went grocery shopping with dh. I came home washed dishes, put the groceries away, and now I feel like I've been run over by a train. My belly is swollen and hurts inside, I am exhausted, and I feel like crap. I guess it's back to bed for me. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow. I have also been suffering with terrible itching down below, it's unbearable, i've tried tucks pads, cool water and nothing works, this has been going on for a week. Has anybody else had this problem?
Yesterday must have been the day to overdo it. I also went shopping and carried the groceries in myself. I had to vacuum, it was driving me crazy. I knew I overdid it but, I had to get things done. I am a single mom. I just haven't had anyone willing to come over and help me. Oh, well, I am taking it easy.

I did feel good yesterday, almost myself. I did my hair and makeup and that is a first since the surgery. The little things that can make us feel good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register