Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Good morning all,
I never thought I say it, but I think I did to much yesterday. Sitting at the computer was one thing. Then I helped put groceries away. I did not go to the store which I wanted to badly. The floors are driving me crazy. My DH and my 2 teens are trying so hard. I feel so useless just laying on the couch telling them what I want done. I get so tired doing the least little thing, so I rest alot thoughout the day. I have no problem sleeping,(once I get comfy). I'm still moody and stared taking soy. One pill a day, I'll see if it helps. I ordered my belly band yesterday, can't wait till it comes. Signing off for now. To all you sisters, REST, REST, REST, Sherri

43 years old (TAH)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:52 AM

Hello Catsplusme, You said you feel like you have a bowling ball on your pelvis. Do you mean you feel like that now, after your surgery? I feel like I am carrying twins, one on each side. I had a total hysterectomy. Don't know why I should feel like I have huge ovaries. It makes me uncomfortable, but it is just annoying not painful.
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:45 AM

Morning Ladies!!
I love the comment....Dirt is my Friend! LOL I am doing very well. Its hard for me to sit still. My kids too are older 22 & 16 so thats a big plus for me. I was driving my son (16) to work the other day and he started saying to me...."mom I know that no-one will be home and I DON'T want you doing anything you should not be doing" Awwww how sweet! Then I started to laugh because he knows his mother too well!

I hope everyone has a great day!

RT66Cruiser oxox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 06:50 AM

Now 11 days post op. Feeling pretty good today. Yesterday was awful. Had BM's every 15 minutes with very severe cramps for 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully that passed and was able to have a normal Sunday until later in the day when I got really depressed. Not sure why, I have kids so I'm not depressed about not being able to have any. I'm seeing the doc for my 2-week checkup this Friday. Maybe it's something to do with losing one ovary - who knows.
One of my incisions seems to be slightly painful to the touch, probably just rubbing on my clothes. Hopefully it's not infected. Have had allergic reactions to the bandaids I used to cover the incisions, left really red patches and dryness on the skin.
Hope you ladies are healing nicely. Have a great day!
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekmer
Now 11 days post op. Feeling pretty good today. Yesterday was awful. Had BM's every 15 minutes with very severe cramps for 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully that passed and was able to have a normal Sunday until later in the day when I got really depressed. Not sure why, I have kids so I'm not depressed about not being able to have any. I'm seeing the doc for my 2-week checkup this Friday. Maybe it's something to do with losing one ovary - who knows.
One of my incisions seems to be slightly painful to the touch, probably just rubbing on my clothes. Hopefully it's not infected. Have had allergic reactions to the bandaids I used to cover the incisions, left really red patches and dryness on the skin.
Yesterday I feel like I had a major meltdown. I majorly was feeling sorry for myself and with that I am sure that annoyed quite a few people. I am still having some pains that are above the normal and I called my doc to see if I could get some darvocet for night time and the receptionist was asking "are you still having pains?". I thought, yes, and????I didn't ask for the percocet so I know that I am not getting something that is very strong. Just something to take the edge off.
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol1831
Hello Catsplusme, You said you feel like you have a bowling ball on your pelvis. Do you mean you feel like that now, after your surgery? I feel like I am carrying twins, one on each side. I had a total hysterectomy. Don't know why I should feel like I have huge ovaries. It makes me uncomfortable, but it is just annoying not painful.
Hi Carol.... Thankfully the bowling ball feeling left with the surgery. I had been feeling as though a huge weight were sitting on my pelvic bone before, at times, and I guess that was linked to the weight of my uterus which was full of fibroids and uterine lining that never shed itself. Doc said I had adenomyosis, which is related to endometriosis, but where the tissue remains inside the uteris rather than growing outside it I guess. Not sure what might cause your discomfort at this point, unless it's just the swelling from surgery, but talking to your doc will probably clear things up. Hope you get a good report and remember to be kind to yourself. Blessed healing!
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latteluv
I have also been suffering with terrible itching down below, it's unbearable, i've tried tucks pads, cool water and nothing works, this has been going on for a week. Has anybody else had this problem?
I'm not going to ask you where "down below", but I have been having lots of itching problems. They started about a week after the surgery. Mostly it is in my external genitalia, but last night it was bad in the fold below my belly. I see my Dr. for the 2-week post-op visit and staple removal tomorrow and am going to ask her if this is normal. I know you're not supposed to scratch when it itches, but it is hard! I have mostly been using itch creme I had on hand (hydrocortisone).
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
I had my post op today

Hi ladies:
I know I don't contribute much, but I do appreciate all the posts and support I have seen here.
My surgery TAH/LSO was on 9/5. There were multiple adhesions, my left ovary had a large cyst, I had fibroids (this I already knew) and adenomyosis. Doc said my uterus was over double the normal size.
I had severe hot flashes/sweating the 1st week I was home, but that has subsided. I am however extremely emotional and cry at almost nothing.

I hope to be able to drive starting tomorrow -short trip for carpool line.
My history is: I suffered w/ infertility for many years, had 2 myomectomies in the past 11 yrs, 1 -c/section and a uterine embolization done last summer that wasn't successful. I know once I am healed I have to feel like a new person!

Anyway, my surgeon was excellent and I didn't have any major complications for which I am thankful for.
C.
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekmer
Good morning checkmer,

You sound very similar to me. I had TVH and left ovary 14 days ago now. I too have teenage children and have had a relatively easy recovery ot date. I thought. Two days ago I woke with tears in my eyes and they stayed there all day. Every time hubby asked if I was alright I burst into tears. So I just stayed in bed all day.

I also have about 6 BM's a day due to another condition called Collagenous Colitis. Causes a little discomfort and seem to bleed after each movement but no other time.

Woke last night with huge cramp in my left side under my ribs. Took some tylenol and went back to sleep after a time, was considering visitng hospital today if it was the same, but has subsided slighly since waking up.

Looking at my floor is still driving me insane but hubby and the kids are trying so hard, I dont want to mention it.

Bizarre days!!

Nelly10
AUSTRALIA
LVH + left ovary
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM

My Doctor finally returned my call and she says it could be hormones, I see her tomorrow, hopefully she'll prescribe something for the itching, it's really starting to get unbearable. My doc says not to use anything until she sees for herself. I was going to go buy something for itching but I guess I'll wait a day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register