Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

TAH/BSO with 8lb mass called a mature teratoma on 9/6. Today I peed without the foley and feeling in the bladder region for the first time. (happy dance) and took a shower without a babysitter. I'm off the pain meds mostly only taking a couple a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi Nelly10,

My kids are not quite teenagers, but still don't understand that even if I'm moving around more than I was a week ago, I still have internal healing which is taking place and I'm just not ready to be back to 100% as I was before this surgery.

I took a Percocet today, kind of helps with the feelings, although does mess up the old BM routine.
Still, we have to take this recovery one day at a time. This should improve over time I hope.
take care!
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Great Recovery

I had my a abdominal complete hyst with cervics removed Sept. 4th. The only issues that I had was a reaction to the pain meds in the pump. Found out that I am allergic, so the Dr. took me off of them. The pain was managable with Ibuprofen. I was albe to go home on the 6th and have been doing great. By Monday Sept 10th, I didn't have to take that anymore either. I am feeling wonderful and only having minimal abdominal aches. I was able to get out and go to my youngests football game on Sat after surgery, and my two oldests games the following week on Tues & Thurs. I did take my own lawn chair to sit on. Which I think was the thing that saved me. I am so greatful that I am recovering so well. Every day I notice improvements from the day before. I will say my prayers for all of you and your recoveries. Thank you so very much for all the wonderful encouraging stories that have been shared. I will be saying prayers for all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Had my TAH on 9/10 and came home on 9/12. my recovery so far has been great no major problems to speak of at all. Had my staples removed today with a little pain associated with that, I did take a pain killer before this so I was okay afterwards but slept the remain part of the day. I'm surprised with the progress that I'm making. I've been feeling really great all things considering. I haven't been having as many problems as I thought I would getting around fairly well.
Unread 09-18-2007, 06:05 AM

Good Morning, I just got my teens off to school and I am really enjoying being alone. My DH is back to work this week. I am feeling great except for the crying. I am still doing this with no HRT. My belly band will be here soon and I can't wait. Car rides are hard on the belly and the belly band is gonna help. (I hope ) My DH told me he was really proud of me the way I've handled my surgery.(which made me cry) I give alot of credit to this site. Just reading the different experiences and the support has been a big part of my recovery. Thanks to all of you! Till later Sherri

43 years old (TAH)
Unread 09-18-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debu
TAH/BSO with 8lb mass called a mature teratoma on 9/6. Today I peed without the foley and feeling in the bladder region for the first time. (happy dance) and took a shower without a babysitter. I'm off the pain meds mostly only taking a couple a day.
wow 8LB, now that is quick weight loss. I am so glad to hear you are doing well.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:15 AM

Just got back from my 2-week post-op. appt. Found out I have a yeast infection, from the antibiotics at the hospital apparently. That explains all the itching I have had lately. Also caused some pain when some of the lower staples were removed today, but it wasn't too bad. My Dr. was still commenting on the size of my big fibroid - 9.5 cm according to the pathology report, which came back fine. Also, I weighed 10 lb. less than I did last time they weighed me (1-1/2 weeks before the surgery)!
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Yay getting better

Okay, two week post-op and starting to feel great! No more Uti, no more gas pains, and have been sleeping so much better. I'm still waiting to be able to hit the gym again, but if nothing else its good to be feeling abit back to normal!
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM

Hello All...
My surgery was September 7. DaVinci style, overnight stay in the hospital. Thus far, I have taken nothing stronger than ibuprofen. I'm mobile, but tire VERY easily! I have four small incisions. But - the worst thing of all is the SWELLY BELLY! I'm more bloated NOW than when I left the hospital! Follow up visit is tomorrow so I will know then if any post-surgical treatments are needed. I'd love to hear from some of you that have had the DaVinci and having the bloating! Help!!!!!
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Day 11 and went for an early follow up with doctor. He said I'm doing fantastic and the scar will heal such that I won't even know it was done. It is healing rather nicely. It looks much better than the bruise caused by the clamps. I teased him about how straight the incision was..."did you use a straight edge?" He didn't get it. He does have a sense of humor...his nurse got it. Anyway...he said I could resume exercise but watch the abdominals...actually he said don't tax them for 6 weeks but he explained what I understood was be careful and listen to my body. My personal trainer will be soo pleased.

Hang in there girls. It does get better. My only issue is the slight burning/stinging that appears from time to time during the day...it's just the healing process. It is getting better every day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register