Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Heya all,

16 days post-op for me. I ma finding it really bizarre as I had a great recovery until two days ago. I am now getting cramps in my right side and a fair amount of cramping and discomfort. I am hoping this is the last hump to get over and then it will be all plain sailing.

Fingers crossed.

Nelly10
TVH + Lft Ovary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly10
Heya all,

16 days post-op for me. I ma finding it really bizarre as I had a great recovery until two days ago. I am now getting cramps in my right side and a fair amount of cramping and discomfort. I am hoping this is the last hump to get over and then it will be all plain sailing.

Fingers crossed.

Nelly10
TVH + Lft Ovary

Me too. I had it a little worse today. Of course, I went to work, I didn't do anything but sit and watch the other nurse work as it is private duty. It is great pay and she basically walked me through it all. I didn't do a thing. I still had this pain in my right side that was pretty bad toward the end of the day. I just hope that the pain goes away. I think that I am recovering pretty good except for that pain and some burning when I void. I think I am going to the Pharmacy tomorrow and get those sticks that let you know if you have nitrates in your urine which is indicative of having a uti. If that comes back showing anything then I will call my doc.

I am trying to take it easy but you know, life does go on and I need to pay the bills.
Unread 09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
a newbie to post op

I think I finally found out where to post this in the right message board. Trying to figure out my way around the site, seems to have a lot of wonderful info for those off the wall questions, that you don't want to call the doctor for. It's been just a little over a week 9/10/07 since I had my TAH with my right ovary taken, I was doing well the first few days, but every day seems to get a little harder instead of better. The incision, is the same one that was used for my 4 previous c-sections in '87, '92, '95, and '98 . I bounced right back from those, but this is tough, and I'm not even dealing with a baby, I'm totally resting and sleeping, and doing nothing. Is their anyone else out there that has gone downhill instead of up?? I'm still on all the pain meds. I have my 2 week check up on the 25th, so I can see what's up then, But just wanted to see if this is normal with anyone else?? Peace~Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM

You're still in major recovery mode! You're only a little over a week out. Give it another week, and I'll bet you'll feel a little better. I still get super-tired. It's been 2 weeks for me and I don't have an abdominal incision to deal with! And I'm still on pain meds too, but only one per day now. You will start feeling better soon! I know you're getting impatient, I'm there too! But take it easy and rest a lot. Oh yeah, eat right and try to stay regular too!

Jackie
LAVH w/A&P repairs, Sep. 4th
Unread 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM

Hey Peacesticher,
I had mine TAH RSO the same as you on 7th sept and I too seem to be going downhill the first few days home I was not needing to sleep, pain only really when I moved or had a BM but taking meds every four hours. I dont really like taking meds so I am trying to stretch them out a bit but now the pain is not constant but sometimes really intese and I am sleeping heaps. Also feeling a bit hormonal would normally have my period now so maybe that is the problem.
I didnt have any cesars but I have spoken to my sister who did and like you was up and about shortly after lugging babies around and her words of wisdom were I had a baby to take my mind off the pain and didnt loose any organs.
I think Jackie is right we are getting impatient this is a major op and it takes time for our bodies to adjust.
I was told it would take a good 6 - 8 weeks and this is week 2 I think I may go balmy before week 6 at this rate!
Keep smiling
Holly
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Bad Day

Bad day today. Started last night with a missed pain med that I didn't realize until well into the evening. Ate late too, and the combination made me weak and jittery. I live alone, so no one around to "remind" me of things like meds and food. Yes, sometimes I have to stop and think about whether I've eaten, as, I guess, the pain meds have squelched my appetite. Took all day today to get back on top of the pain. Didn't help that no one called or came by. Mom finally called around 6pm, and I think I was pretty grumpy. Had to clean the cat boxes and wheel the garbage can out to the street myself. Wasn't too happy with those who are supposed to be "keeping tabs on me", so I sent out an angry text message. I'll probably have to make ammends for that one tomorrow. Guess it didn't help that I forgot to take my hormone until late in the day either. Two weeks post-op today, and had been doing pretty well, I thought, until today. I know this is a temporary set back, but it didn't help my psyche. Thanks for this Board and those with whom I feel safe sharing the ups and downs of recovery. Hope you all had a better day than I. Blessed healing Sisters.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:45 PM

I think maybe I've over did things alittle today I cooked dinner and when I was finish I was totally exhausted and in pain. Took some pain meds and was in bed sleeping. I was feeling great moving alittle better and my DH who has been so wonderful stepped out and I thought I'd just start dinner. Well when he returned he was totally upset and order me to bed. I just felt like I needed to do something.

I'm having a problem with the incision its not level and it looks terrible nothing like my c-sections. It looks like it will leave a very very ugly scar I also feel like my stitches were removed to soon. Parts of my incision aren't even connected and I'm afraid of infection. So I guess I had a really bad day today. I thought doing something would get my mine off the incision area. Just when I thought everything was going well I have a day like today. I thought when they removed the staples I would be able to walk standing straight, NOT so I hope this doesn't mean I'm going down hill instead of up.
Unread 09-19-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafdm127
Me too. I had it a little worse today. Of course, I went to work, I didn't do anything but sit and watch the other nurse work as it is private duty. It is great pay and she basically walked me through it all. I didn't do a thing. I still had this pain in my right side that was pretty bad toward the end of the day. I just hope that the pain goes away. I think that I am recovering pretty good except for that pain and some burning when I void. I think I am going to the Pharmacy tomorrow and get those sticks that let you know if you have nitrates in your urine which is indicative of having a uti. If that comes back showing anything then I will call my doc.

I am trying to take it easy but you know, life does go on and I need to pay the bills.
Dear athenafdm127, (and others),

It is a shame you have to work, it will be really hard for you to totally relax and recoop. I am lucky, I am allowed unlimited sick leave as long as I have doctors cert. He has given me 7 weeks due to removing my left ovary also. I am getting cabin fever though as it is raining too hard for me to be able to get out of the house for a short walk. Hopefully the fact that you work with other nursed they will realise the need to let you rest. Must be nice people.

From reading all the other responses after ours, Im guessing that this may be the week three stall and it can only get better as everyone seems to have had a bad week. I cant take pain meds due to allergies, so the wheat pack is my best friend.

Chins up everyone,
"The tougher it is to bear, the stronger we become"

Cheers to all.

nelly10
AUSTRALIA
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:03 AM

I went in for my 2 week post op today. I had been having issues with vaginal itching, at first I thought it was dryness, but the resident I saw says it may be a possible yeast infection or a reaction to the iodine they used in surgery, that could still be leaking out, so to be safe she prescribed Diflucan and a steroid cream. She checked me to see how the vaginal cuff was doing and she says I'm healing well. I have to say I was terrified when she came at me with that speculum, I thought for sure the pain would be excrutiating, but it wasn't painful at all, just a bit uncomfortable. I just didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad all went well and I'm already feeling relief from the itching. I've had a few set backs as far as pain but that was because I over did it, too much walking and trying to do too much at home, so I've learned my lesson and will take it easy from now on. I want to heal and get back to normal. I love this board, thank you all for your support.
Unread 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM

Hello! I too agree that this surgery is different from the 2 C Sections I had. I am off the pain meds (surgery 9/6) and am feeling well except that after 10 minutes of walking around I feel pressure and a feeling like I am carrying two heavy grapfruits on each side. Were any of you told to wear a light girdle after surgery? I wore one yesterday. Felt slightly better, but this feeling of the pressure on the sides is making me crazy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register