Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Morning Ladies!
12 days and counting! I am doing so well, its scary. I have to keep telling myself to take it easy. Its hard because I have had not had any pain.
I am very very fortunate.
Have a great day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 06:09 AM

One thing tha I noticed has subsided is my headaches. I used to have terrible headaches on a frequent basis. It is nice to not be tied down with that.

I to have pain when sitting. I am going to the doc next week so I will see how well I am healing. I am just not looking forward to getting the exam....the speculum really scares me.

The next couple of days I will definitely take it easy, I just want to make sure that I will heal in a reasonable time frame.
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:20 AM

Glad to hear you're doing better. I highly recommend "taking it easy" since I didn't to begin with and am suffering more now. I wanted to suggest taking a few ibuprofen before you leave for the Dr next week. It will help with the speculum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM

I had my surgery on Sept 5th - came home on the 6th. I wish I would have found this site before now. I had a complete vaginal hysterectomy with laparoscopy The dr had told me the biggest problem was women feel good right away then do to much and cause problems. He lied. It's been 2 weeks and I do not feel good! The restrictions he gave me were No sex and can't lift more than 8 lbs. No wonder I feel so bad! I've been pushing because I thought I was supposed to be better and I wasn't lifting anything! No one said I couldn't go grocery shopping, do laundry, sweep & mop, vacuum, load & unload dishwasher, cook, etc. I am glad to know why I don't feel like running a marathon yet! I just became a member but I want to thank everyone that has posted - I read alot last night during my "no longer unusual" insomnia.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacestitcher
I think I finally found out where to post this in the right message board. Trying to figure out my way around the site, seems to have a lot of wonderful info for those off the wall questions, that you don't want to call the doctor for. It's been just a little over a week 9/10/07 since I had my TAH with my right ovary taken, I was doing well the first few days, but every day seems to get a little harder instead of better. The incision, is the same one that was used for my 4 previous c-sections in '87, '92, '95, and '98 . I bounced right back from those, but this is tough, and I'm not even dealing with a baby, I'm totally resting and sleeping, and doing nothing. Is their anyone else out there that has gone downhill instead of up?? I'm still on all the pain meds. I have my 2 week check up on the 25th, so I can see what's up then, But just wanted to see if this is normal with anyone else?? Peace~Shelley
Hi Shelly. I've felt worse the last couple of days too. Ran out of pain meds on Sunday and when I called I was told I shouldn't have still been on them - gotta love those dr's. It's Thursday am now and yesterday I found this site. It has helped to explain alot. Some people just take longer to heal but the dr did tell me that the prescription pain killers (not the ibuprofen though) cause constipation. That may be some of your pain - mine was TREMENDOUS. That and gas! I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:04 AM

Well, I thought I was superwoman on Wednesday, went to Walgreens, then later in the day drove, simply "drove" to get dinner, and that wiped me out, had a rough night and I'm paying for it today, I am finding putting a ice pack over my incision area is helping and putting pressure, like a small pillow wrapped with a ace bandage over that whole area, makes me feel like my guts aren't falling out, lol. I think we are going to make it. Time heals all , we just have to take care of ourselves. Peace my friends~Shelley
P.S. so when my son, who has today off, wants to go shopping in a while, its no way for me, he can walk or ride his bike, I'm staying home and watching movies, LOL
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:09 AM

Can I make a suggestion on what is helping me? I am still quite sore, but I can't take the narcotics any longer they kept me from sleeping peacefully after about 8 days. I now take the 1000mg Motrin rx and alternate w/ the new Tylenol 8 hour pills. I started driving some yesterday and had lunch out, by the end of the day I was wiped out. I am still sore today, but manageable.
BTW, my doctor suggested I could alternate the Motrin and Tylenol. Be sure to ask your doctor about you, but it's something to consider.
best wishes,
C.R.
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1963
Can I make a suggestion on what is helping me? I am still quite sore, but I can't take the narcotics any longer they kept me from sleeping peacefully after about 8 days. I now take the 1000mg Motrin rx and alternate w/ the new Tylenol 8 hour pills. I started driving some yesterday and had lunch out, by the end of the day I was wiped out. I am still sore today, but manageable.
BTW, my doctor suggested I could alternate the Motrin and Tylenol. Be sure to ask your doctor about you, but it's something to consider.
best wishes,
C.R.
C.R. ~ What are the new Tylenol hour pills?? Are they over the counter?? I was starting to wonder if the vicodin is starting to affect my sleep, becoming immune to them.
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT66Cruiser
Morning Ladies!
12 days and counting! I am doing so well, its scary. I have to keep telling myself to take it easy. Its hard because I have had not had any pain.
I am very very fortunate.
Have a great day!!!
Hi all, I am 2 weeks post op today and I know what you mean. I am feeling so good it is scary. I know that we are very fortunate. I feel for you all who are not doing as well. REST, REST, and REST. That's what I think has helped me. Rest and this web site. Till later Sherri

P.S. I got the Belly Band today and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

43 years old (TAH)
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:57 AM

It's been 2 weeks today but I have my Dr appt. tomorrow. I have been having a pretty good recovery. I stopped taking darvocet 2 days after being home and only took tylenol for a couple days after because of a head & neck ache I had ever since surgery (which I think was due to the gas they put in the abdomin that can travel upwards). Haven't had any meds since then. My biggest fear pre-op was the constipation that I usually have after surgery. I was happily surprised that I had NONE! I owe it to drinking Naked Juice Green Machine (It has broccoli but tastes like bananas!), eating shredded wheat for breakfast & having pasta, veggies cooked with olive oil for dinner. Kept everything moving! I too am feeling good so I feel like I can take on more things but today I started the day with a little pinkish discharge. I haven't had any bleeding or colored discharge post-op, even though I was on my ever so heavy period when I went in for surgery, so I think I will still take it easy ~ don't want any set backs! I also had a good support group of family and friends who helped with everything ~ ladies, take the help if it is offered! I know it is hard for people who usually do everything for others to let others take care of them for once, but do it!! Good luck to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register