Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

carol1831 no problems for me with vaginal stitches. I do however have a comfortable position when I sit or lay. If I lay on my side then I have really bad pain in the back and side. Besides that I feel like things are falling when I'm on my side so I have to do a lot of pillow proping but I'm still not comfortable. Its the back for me only at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol1831
Today I am 18 days post op. Have been feeling good up until last night. My question is to all you ladies, did you feel twinges of pain coming from the vagina? I think it must be the stitches. Can't find a comfortable spot to sit or lay.
Yes,

I too feel twinges of pain coming from the vagina come on all the sudden. I think the pain is tied to bowel movments or gas. It subsides in about 5 minutes and is less when I use motrin, but is acute for that short time period.
Unread 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM

Hi Connie,
yeah...it IS BORING!!....I am in the same boat--feeling restless...but I know I need to rest so I make do and write lists of what I want to do when I am back on my feet totally--I also have books from library--TV is sooo mindless--good thing for TIVO--hang in there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM

18 days post-op and feeling great!!! No pain meds except for occasional Advil for achiness. As long as I dont sneeze or have a poop I feel fantastic. Not sleeping though. 3 hours last night and going on strong. I for back to work in 2 days. Still taking it easy but walking around a lot more. Feels great to get up and moving, helped my backache too.

I am soooooooooo bored of CSI andLaw and Order reruns!!! I wish I had it done last week, then I could lay around and watch all the season premieres! I should have checked TV guide before I scheduled this.
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi Carol,
my pain is mostly where they have cut through the muscles of my abdomen but also the muscles below my belly button on both sides. the scar on the muscles seems to be about 1 inch raised and really sore. I am ok around the house even going up and down stairs but going out was just too much I think. I find sitting up strait painful reclined is ok. It may have been the trousers I wore as well they have a band about 4 inches wide that fold over the top of them no zips I thought the support would be good but maybe they were just too tight. I am going to take it real easy today.
Best wishes,
Holly
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM

Hi Carol,
I also have twinges of pain in the vagina but It seems to be from quite low down not where I would expect the stitches to be. Also the outside below my cut feels bruised (probably is) and was quite swollen the swelling has gone down not back to normal yet. Who knows what they do to you while you are under pull you about push & shove to get you where they want you!!! and probably the separting of the muscles and pulling them apart would cause a bit of damage that will take a while to repair.
Glad to know Im not imagining it all though.
Holly
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Hi ladies,
Well, I went for my 2 week post op appt. last Friday & thought I was fine, but because I started spotting the day before I can't drive for 2 more weeks! I may seem stupid but I didn't know why driving was not allowed for so long. It is because your muscles aren't strong enough to brake in case of an an emergency situation. I thought it had to do with meds, which I havent been on for over 1 & 1/2 weeks or pain from bouncing around in the car. Well, I was feeling great and getting ready to start getting out more, but the past couple of days I have been feeling really tired and sore. Maybe I was doing too much, but I have a friend who had the same thing done as an outpatient and her doctor told her to get back out and resume life as normal within the week (even exercise!) I felt like a slug lying around, but now I know that is what I need. Did anyone elses DD tell them that? Actually did anyone else have this done as an outpatient? Also, for those of you who want to wear jeans but your own are not quite comfy yet, I went out to Target and bought some maternity jeans on sale and they are so comfy & if you wear a longer top you can't even tell! Sorry for rambling - I'm bored!

Hope everyone is healing & feeling good!
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to share alittle with you all, I see a few are bored and just want to get out and do something. Well I went out again today and it was terrible. I even started bawling at the store and my DH said honey lets just go home. After about 10 mins I was started to hurt so bad. It probably didn't help matters that earlier I think I might have pushed way to much to go to the bathroom (sorry tmi) anyway I ended up taking the strong meds again because I was bored.

My dh says that I need to think of all the times I justed wanted to sit and do nothing but couldn't. Well I've learned my lesson no more outtings for me. Each time I go out I come back worse then when I left home. So I've decided to just sit my tushy down and relax its really the best medicine. I keep telling myself I only get one chance to heal so do it right. So take it easy ladies I know I will my lower ab & back are so sore right now.
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:09 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
Well I'm off to my DD this morning. I'm alittle nervous. About 1 inch of my 9 inch incision is not closed. It's weird because I have a perfect scar and then an opening. The RN thinks they might just pinch it and put those steri strips back on. I hope that's all it is. Has anyone else had problems with their incision? I'm getting these pains every once in a while right where my ovaries where. I think it's just the healing process, It's only been 19 days. I still feel good other wise. I'll let ya know how it goes at my DD. Keep on Healing. Till Later Sherri

43yrs (TAH)
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:44 AM

Good Morning Ladies, Hollyhocks, thanks for the reply. Yesterday, the twinges of pain in the lower vagina had me very worried. I knew I had done nothing to cause them. Guess you are right! Who knows what they pulled and pushed while we were under. Have you asked your Dr. what these twinges are from? I am going to try and call my gyno today, as I am still feeling them. The surgeon has written me off, and has told me to go to my gyno. Slatimer, I had my gall bladder taken out during my hysterectomy and that small incision is a little open too. That surgeon cut the stitches and pressed down and put on surgical tape. I took the tape off yesterday, but the opening is still there. No oozing from incision, so I guess that is the scar I am stuck with. I was shocked to hear the gall bladder surgeon say, "who closed you". I thought he did. But he said "no".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register