Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Hi Peace...i had an MRI done as well as 2 ultrasounds over the course of 1 1/2 years and doc told me I had it as well as 4 uterine tumors. After bleeding heavily for 8-10 days a month( being chronically anemic) and passing clots as big as volkswagens.....I decided to take out the problem---my uterus and all the tumors---I had him leave in the ovaries and cervix as these were completely healthy and they will continue to communicate with the rest of my body---so far so good.....I had night sweats and headaches the first week but those have subsided. I have insomnia and my doc gave me Ambien(wunderful!!!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 03:11 PM

I found out I had the Adenomyosis at my post op apt this week, after researching it on the net, found a wonderful article off a CNN website, It was a godsend, and answered all my questions, it also said that having several c-sections could cause it, (I've had 4) and said it could not be truly diagnosed until your uterus is removed and the tissue is is examined, After I had my last son at age 31, my periods contiued getting heavier and more painful, cramping, PMS almost constantly, so at age 40, finally had enough as it was taking over my life and messing with my work and lifestyle. I'm just wondering also if my daughter who is almost 12 and hasn't started her cycle is apt to be more prone to have problems as I have??
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Sorry Connie to hear about your loss, and yes stress can hamper your recovery, so try and take it easy as much as you can during this difficult time. Peace~Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Hey Peacesticher,
I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis about 4 years ago during a proceedure to check if I had endo.(cant remeber the name of it now brain dead again)
He said he wasnt 100% that the only way to really tell is by taking it out and chopping it up so that is probably why you have only just found out now.
He said my uterous was spongy and enlarged which is a sign of adeno. I wont see him until the 4th oct to find out if it was adeno. I hope it was so that all my pains can be written off to that and I can be a new woman!
The only real way to treat adeno is a Hyster so you will feel so much better now.
Holly
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Holly, That's what I'm thinking also, finally a name to what I was dealing with, it was constant, It was was destroying my life and just getting worse as I got older, I had endo when I was young(12) and had to deal with that, but this was different . Since I found out yesterday and can research it, I feel somewhat refreshed, that It's out of me, and I can finally live without pain, well once I get over my TAH, But I just headed out and took a nice walk to get the mail, about 1/2 mile and I feel great!!! Hopefully I'm not sore tomorrow, ugh
Peace~Shelley
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Hi Bikesister, sorry to hear you are uncomfortable. Try this: add to your overall plan the use of gycerine suppositories - so cheap and they give you some say in when you go. You will definitely go once you have inserted them (use disposable gloves). Give it about 10 minutes to work - or as long as you can. Good luck.
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM

Hey Shelly
I didnt have any cesars but had one really long 28 hour labour and one mega quick 1 1/2 hour labour after them I started having painful periods then after the 3rd I was in agony each month.
I have been wondering the same about my daughter. I hope not. I have passed her enough dodgy genes already.
My sister who has had 2 cesars said she thinks she might have it. she has all the symptoms I had. I said dont wait like I did, it only gets worse. she is going to have it checked out
Holly
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
Hi Bikesister, sorry to hear you are uncomfortable. Try this: add to your overall plan the use of gycerine suppositories - so cheap and they give you some say in when you go. You will definitely go once you have inserted them (use disposable gloves). Give it about 10 minutes to work - or as long as you can. Good luck.
She is right. They are much gentler than the dulcolax supp, which can make you go forever. Something so simple and cheap. I keep a container handy. They are great for little kids. Just remember, speaking as a nurse, the best way to get the quickest results from a suppository is to insert as far up as you can and make sure that you push it against the wall of the rectum, this is what causes immediate results. Sorry, about the graphic details but we all know as post op hysters that pooping is something that is a welcome thing worth bragging about.
Unread 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Hi ladies! I had a post-op exam today to see if I can return to work tomorrow. I had a TVH and I am a librarian. I have been feeling pretty good this past week, no drugs, no naps. My doc called in sick so I saw another doc in his office. She looked me over and after I told her how I was doing she gave me the ok as long as I still do not lift over 10 pounds. I mostly do what I am doing now, type at a computer. I need to get up and walk to help people, but walking is good for me. The only things I'm worried about is getting books from lower or higher shelves. Not too many at one time either.

She checked on me with a speculum, and manually, and said all was well. NOW I have cramping.

I read my pathology report - 13 fibroids, the largest being about the size of a tangerine after 2.5 months of Lupron. Uterus was 10-12 weeks size. I also was given a copy of the surgical notes. Ugh, not to be read while eating. Proof that I had no complications though!

Wish me well tomorrow!
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:44 PM

I went driving....yeahhhhhh and ouch. I have a 5 speed, tomorrow would be 3 weeks and I am about stir crazy. Just went to the drugstore and to pick up some grocery that I ordered on line. No pain today until I got back from the drive. Nothing serious but a definate ache. I can't wait to get my path and surgical report. I am a medical coder and I read op reports all day long so I am egar to see how I "compare" to others! My doc did say I had the worst scar tissue and adhesions she has ever seen in her 12 yrs of surgery......well, I guess you have to be number one at something! Sorry to hear of everyones bm problems, I am in the same boat. I have to retrain my bowels. I has so many adhesions around them that they are not sure what to do now that they are free to move!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register