Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Hello All! Had my total hysterectomy on Sept.6 and also had my gall bladder removed at the same time. Was sent home the next day. I am managing the pain, but the gas is another matter. It just rumbles around my intestines and stops at the bottom , never coming out. Taking Gas X and I drank pear juice to help get the bowels moving. Nothing so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:30 PM

hey barrelrcr,
hope your doing good. i see we have the same surgery date. maybe that makes us surgisisters.lol anyway, i am doing good today. backache is getting better. my incision is looking good, no reddness. i just started a book called my sister's life. i'll let you know if is good. take care for now.
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:56 PM

i had my TAH on friday the 7th - came home today sunday the 9th. the fibroid was 11 pounds and the ovarian cyst was 4oz..... i cant wait till i really poo - and when i dont wake up every 30 minutes...

my poor mom - no wonder i was having problems with her - english is not her primary language and she was totally confused and thought i was being a baby about my procedure. 'hysterectomy' sounds like 'vasectomy' which is similar to a tubal ligation, which she had as a day surgery going through the belly button..... she thought i was having the same thing done and thought i was being such a whiner!!
i so forgive her now - ((((gods knows why i would have had a tubal ligation - i am a lesbian, but my mom didnt know what the original surgery was really for anyway.... <SIGH>)))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 12:23 AM

I had a TVH for multiple fibroids on the 6th, at 1:30 pm and was released from the hospital at 12:30 pm on Friday the 7th! I had no complications, even though I am overweight and have never had children. I had no trouble with the anesthesia. I was able to stand on Thursday, and took two short walks in the hospital on Friday before leaving. I have been taking walks since I got home about 3-4 times a day, with the longest being about a 1/2 mile.

I was sent home with Percoset. I took that steadily every 4-6 hours until this morning, and haven't had very much pain. I dropped to ibuprophen today and am still doing well. More worried that I haven't had a bm yet.

I took one gas-x when I got home Friday night and that helped with gas pains. I took my first dose of stool softener last night. Another dose this afternoon.

The doc said I could ride in a car, just not drive, so my partner and I did a little shopping yesterday and today. Other than that and the short walks, I have been sleeping and sitting on the couch.

My partner has been doing all the lifting, food prep, etc. She keeps me drinking water and using my breathing thingy. She walks with me. She has the week off to wait on me
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I made it!

I had a LAVH, posterior repairs and bladder sling on the 6th. Came home at noon on the 8th. The 6th was bad pain wise but everyday has been a little bit better. I did come home with a catheter. Hope to get rid of that tomorrow. It is a major pain. I'm having trouble sitting - feels like I'm sitting on a cactus. Walking is going pretty good and pain control is ok. I will feel much better when I poop,still working on that :-) Best wishes to all of my other sisters!
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM

It was so nice to SLEEP in my own bed last night! I am just taking Advil for the pain. My shower this morning was wonderful. I feel like a new woman. My DH is home with me for the week. I still have not pooped. Maybe today. (i hope)
Have a great day ladies!

RT66Cruiser oxox
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:08 AM

drink lots of water and eat oatmeal in the morning. I found that the day I had my first poopy was on day 4 of being home. I drank a cup of coffee and wala. I am sure everything else I did was helpful but that caffeine gave me that xtra punch. The gas pains and cramping are intensified since the surgery Overall I am doing good. I am trying to stay off the percocet. This will be day two that I haven't taken any of it. I want to but need to stop taking it so I will take regular tylenol in combination with the ibuprofen.

Good luck to you.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:26 AM

Hello ladies...I'm finally getting around to posting here.

I had a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy on September 4. My uterus was quite large, so my incision ended up being about 12", and I'm bruised across my entire belly and pubic area, as well as down my legs a bit. The doctor found some adhesions on my uterus and some lesions on my ovaries, and I'm still not sure what that means, since I was out of it when he told me this and have not seen him since (I kept my ovaries and cervix). I had the PCA for 24 hours after the surgery, then switched to percocet. I came home early in the afternoon on Septmeber 6. I felt better than I expected to, but still rested a lot and took plenty of percocet.

I went to my campsite this weekend, a 2-hour drive, and was violently ill during the entire car ride. It looks like I opened a small bit of my incision up. The rest looks ok.

I finally pooped yesterday, with the help of stool softeners and laxatives. I have Crohn's Disease and ended up wit illeitus after I had an attempted ablation in March, so I was NOT going to let that happen again! It feels good to get all that stuff out of me, but it hurts so much inside to go.

I'm still not feeling well. I'm out of percocet, which is pretty crappy. I can't take ibuprofen because of the Crohn's. It kills me to roll over in bed or get up, I have such a hard time standing up all the way. I have some pain near my incision, but the majority of the pain is on either side of my abdomen, from my hips to my ribs. I feel like those muscles have lost every bit of strength in them and are just there....if I move too fast or the wrong way, or lean there, OUCH! It's one of the worst pains I've ever felt.
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM

I had my tah on the 6th, came home on the 8th. Horizontal cut at the bikini line. I totall lost it in the operating suite, so much so that the anestesiologist (sp_), didn't ask me to count back or anything, she told me later she thought it was best to just get me under. I woke up 3 hours later to teeth chattering, they got me to my room, gave me ice chips and let me sleep. My Dad left shortly after that, as I was not nay company at all. My nurses were wonderful, treated me like I was the only patitent they had. When they got me up that night to rinse me off, I had dry heaves. Have had a bowel movement, one, expct antoher today. My appetiite has changed, I lost my taset for sweet stuff. They took all of my girlie things, my fibroids were small, there were 2, at the top that were bleeders and pressing against the other things there, causing pain. The worst for me is the left side of the incision, when I stand up or sit down there is a burning pain, nurses think it could be an internal bruise too. Othere than that, I am doing well, having night sweats already, yuck

ttyl
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi All,
I had a LSH on the 6th and went home on the 8th. I was on morphine for about a day which I was able to pump as needed every 10 minutes. I went off of that the second night in the hospital and given ibuprofen as I was tolerating the pain very well. I had a couple of bouts of nausua while in the hospital, was able to have a bm and urinate after they removed the catheter, so I would have to say that it was a pretty successful experience for me. I am home now, kids at school, (thanks mom!) & husband at work and am able to walk around the house & take it easy. I just have a little bit of nausua, bloating and gas & can't wait til that is gone! The best part is that I was on my (heavy & painful) period when I went in for surgery & when I woke up IT WAS GONE!!!

P.S. For those of you waiting for a bm, my friends gave me the advice of drinking Naked Juice's Green Machine juice. It is green & looks disgusting, but it actually tastes like bananas & it WORKS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register