Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
anyone with bloody drainage?

Has anyone had bleeding since the surgery? I am wondering when it will clear up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

I had a little spotting the night after the surgery and then nothing else until last week, then I spotted for about a week and now there is nothing again. I hope it is gone for good!
Unread 09-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Hi,
Yes, I just went through a scary experience...3 weeks post op.
I woke up with a very large blood stain in bed..I got scared..went to Dr.
She said nothing to worry about..that sometimes blood from surgery stays inside and eventually starts to leave the body...its all normal unless you start to bleed very heavily.
Also..if any of you are having trouble feeling sick from HRT...having severe dizziness,weakness,nausea...I had all of the above...so I tried getting off the hormones completely...and I feel MUCH better!..I'm not sure why..but so far so good..
Bye for now,
Gayle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:15 AM

I've been spotting since I left the hospital it never stops, I'm back to wearing a pad everyday and night, I can't wait to stop spotting it's not light at all it's more like a mini period 24 hours a day. I asked the nurse and she says as the swelling goes down inside the extra blood that's in there from the surgery flows out. I hope she's right, I'm really sick of pads.
Unread 10-01-2007, 05:44 AM

Latteluv, I too am spotting every day since my surgery on 9/6. It is a brown color. The doctor and nurse said this would be for 6 weeks. They didn't say why. Unless I asked a question, they didn't give any additional information. I wear the panty liners and just hate it.
Unread 10-01-2007, 05:48 AM

I keep wearing a mini pad, because sometimes after I pee and wipe I have a brownish to pinkish tinge color. I keep the mini pad on for just incase.

I am at my 3 wk mark!!! My DH and I are leaving on Thursday to go to Sedona Arizona! I am so excited. Then I thought.....hummmmm away, ALONE with my honey and WE can't even have SEX!!! Thats just NOT fair!!! LOL I guess I will just have to enjoy the scenery!

Have a fantastic day Ladies!!
Unread 10-01-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT66Cruiser
I keep wearing a mini pad, because sometimes after I pee and wipe I have a brownish to pinkish tinge color. I keep the mini pad on for just incase.

I am at my 3 wk mark!!! My DH and I are leaving on Thursday to go to Sedona Arizona! I am so excited. Then I thought.....hummmmm away, ALONE with my honey and WE can't even have SEX!!! Thats just NOT fair!!! LOL I guess I will just have to enjoy the scenery!

You should check with your doc. I also had a TVH done and it was 9/4. Went to my doc last monday and he gave me the go ahead for sex. Just call, maybe they can squeeze you in before your trip. I had my first experience and the pain was minimal but had some bleeding that went away on its own.

Good luck!
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafdm127
You should check with your doc. I also had a TVH done and it was 9/4. Went to my doc last monday and he gave me the go ahead for sex. Just call, maybe they can squeeze you in before your trip. I had my first experience and the pain was minimal but had some bleeding that went away on its own.

Good luck!
Hi Athenafdm!
My Dr. (who I have had for 21 years) Already said to both of us... 6 Weeks! LOL
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT66Cruiser

I guess it is different for everyone. I have had no bleeding since surgery. I feel extermely fortunate. My doctors appointment is on the 5th of October.

Unread 10-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Good morning all, I had my surgery on a Thursday and spotted very light and pink. Then Monday it stopped and nothing since then. I keep waiting for it to start up again, I was told you could bleed for 6 weeks. Other than that I feel pretty good. I still have my ups and downs but for the most part I'm hanging in there. You Ladies Have a Great Day! Sherri

43yrs (TAH)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register