Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Wow....I'm doing great. Today is 4 weeks exactly.

I'm back doing my workouts with my trainer. We did some light abdominals...no problem. I did normal leg and butt stuff and no problem. Yea.

My energy is about 98% but I'm sure the other 2% will come by next week.

At the moment I'm researching hormones and getting my results reviewed. Part of the reason for removing the uterus was because I felt I needed estrogen and with the big old fibroid I could not do that. The doctor looked at my results and said "your ovaries are barely producing any estrogen!" My level was 7 pg/mL which I guess is quite low considering lower than 50 is post-menopausal. We will discuss my options for BHRT when I see him next week or the week after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2007, 02:15 PM

I'm at exactly four weeks today. Still very up and down energy wise. Still some abdominal pain. And - to top it all off - sleepless nights and hot flashes! I'm post-menopausal! This is NOT supposed to be happening! Today has not been a fun day at all!
Unread 10-05-2007, 02:25 PM

Hatteras07, I too am post menopausal. The hot flashes I have had are nothing compared to what I am having now. I feel like someone has a blow torch under my back. I am 59. Wake up soaking wet. The nights are terrible. I wake up constantly. Yesterday, I had terrible pains next to my belly button. Today I feel better. It is like, take 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

I'm 4 weeks post-op LAVH/RSO and feel good and bad. I still have lots of abdominal and back aches. I had a bladder tear and had a catheter for 2 weeks...still HURTS to go. Hope that starts to get better soon. The funny thing is in the last couple of days that I've gained 2 lbs, have sore breasts and my face has broken out. What's up with that!! I don't have period, but still have the hormonal problems?? Is that normal?
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:27 AM

Hi Ladies, It's been awhile since I've posted. I have actually been busy! My DD turned 15 on the 7th. She is the baby of the family. We went an got pedicures and shopped. I felt so good getting out. I still have a hard time trying to find something to wear that doesn't make me look pregnant. My energy level is up, but I am still stuggling with feeling down. Getting out really helps me. I love to shop! I can spend hours going though stores and never buy a thing. I'm always looking for a bargain. Hope you all are doing well. 9 days till my 6 week check up. We are almost there!!!
Have a great day, Sherri

43yrs (TAH)
Unread 10-08-2007, 06:10 AM

Hi Slatimer, My 6 week check up is almost here too. My DD birthday is tomorrow. She will be 23. I had a big outing on Saturday and did rather well. Walked a lot. But I did remember to rest for a little too. Yesterday I went too and walked and walked. My stomach did hurt last night But for the most part I'm feeling good. I did have a bladder problem and think its getting better now.
Looks like we have a lot in common Sherri. We are going to get pedis tonight. Have you talked with your doc abut feeling down? Let me know how your check went.
Diane
50yrs (LVH)
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:16 AM

My 6wk check up is tomorrow. I was out for 8 hours on Friday and 5 on Saturday and Sunday I was toast. Feel good just get really tired. Trying to take it easy today. My daughter 21 just got engaged so we are working on wedding stuff. Good thing I could do a lot by internet. This Saturday we are seeing a photographer, reception site and may look for a dress if we have time. Still worried about first sexual encounter and DH is counting down the days.
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Hi ladies, its been awhile since I posted. I'm doing alright physically. Still can't sleep or lay much on my right side without discomfort but feeling okay. Finally had a evening out with my dh and sons. We went to dinner and took a stroll to Barnes and Nobles for more books. Very tired when I returned home and sore and swollen the next day so I did nothing but rest. I'm 4 weeks today and have been given the go ahead to drive and try to get back to a normal life.

As I said physically things are coming along its the emotional things that have me down. I'm not one to be depressed or sad. I normally take what's delt to me and work with it and make the best out of it. I can't with this. lately I've been really feeling very unwomanly if I can say it that way. I feel fat, ugly and dirty like. Thinking my dh is never going to want to touch me again. I don't understand this because he is great I not sure that he has given me a reason to feel this way in fact I know he hasn't its just the way I feel. I feel like I'm no longer all woman and I can't seem to shake it off.
I'm still crying for no reason and that Idon't like at all. This was all part of the reason the men in my house thought I need to get out, they thought I'd feell better, well I did for a moment and now it back to this. I don't the insomina is helping either. If Idon't take something I just flow from one day to the next. Well ladies thanks for listening to me vent. I just think that at 4 weeks I should be past this sort of thing and I'm not and I'm really mad at myself because I'm not. Thanks again ladies.
Unread 10-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Ladyfaith, I have those crying spells too, only a few and getting better but I am not one to be depressed but I found myself so upset. I have 2 grown children both with 2 kids and I would cry because they didn't call. I would cry because my DH would want to cuddle with me and I would push him away becuase I felt ugly. I haven't cried now for over a week and starting to feel less "odd". My 33rd anniversay is this Friday and DH is ccountin down the days, 6 wk check up tomorrow so I am sure he will want to get intimate that night. That is my fear, the pain, will it hurt? I really had no idea what all would happen and I sure didn't expect some of this.
Unread 10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Trudging Along

Hi Ladies
Yes, from what I read of everyone, the 2 steps forward, 1 step back feeling is frustrating us all. Most days I feel I am just trudging along... trying to pretend I don't want to just lay in bed. I went back to work with "light duty as tolerated" approval from my doc. So far I've been working about 5 or 6 hours a day for the last two weeks. My workplace has been so incredibly wonderful. Considering I can't seem to drag myself in before 11:00, and they don't really make me do anything, I feel very blessed. I work for a rural mass transit company, and they've been letting me dispatch and answer phones. I'm normally a very busy driver, so this is a good look at the flip side of operations for me.

It's nice to get out of the house and get to see people and talk to everyone, but when I've worked those 5 or 6 hours and then make the half hour drive back home, I'm worthless. So many things that I need to do around the house just get left undone because I don't have the energy to do them. It gets overwhelming sometimes and I just feel beaten. If the swelling and bruised muscle pain in my belly would ever go away, I think I'd feel a little less frustrated. I'm still taking 600mg of ibuprophen and, ocassionally, half a pain pill (vicoden).

I see the doctor for my six-week on Friday. I think my first question will be, "Is there anything that will take away the pain in the belly muscles?" Do any of you still have annoying headaches? I can't seem to shake the back of the neck and head achiness. I figured it was from the pain meds, but when I went without it for a few days to see, it still didn't go away.

So anyway, guess I'm just venting a little. Hang in there ladies. Hopefully if we keep trudging along, it will get better eventually! Blessings to all.
Jeanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register