Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Hi Cat, I don't know what it's like to have to go into work. They fired me 2 weeks before my surgery. I was part time but I know they planned it since I gave them 2 months notice I had to have this. My stomach does hurt if I walk to much. I did have those bad headaches for the first 2 weeks out but not now thank god. I do have insomnia and night sweats.
I havent taken any pain meds in a while. But I do have a glass of wine at night. Feel better soon Cat.
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Well, I had my 5 week check up today. Dr. says things look good. He gave me the all clear to resume a normal life with returning to week at the 8 week point. I don't have to go back to see him until next year.

Now if only I actually felt up to a normal life. This tiredness is for the birds. I hate feeling tired all the time. I'm okay in the morning, but by the afternoon I am tired and the evening I'm exhausted and sore. I just want to feel like myself again.

When will this happen and what about this sore belly will it ever go away?
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:31 AM

Good Morning All,
Newbie2, I'm sorry about what happened with your job. I think there's a law against that! That's just wrong to fire someone for needing to have surgery. I guess, though, you probably wouldn't want to work for a place that is that uncaring and callous. Hopefully when you feel better, you will find something in a more caring environment! A glass of wine at night sounds like a good plan, especially if you're off the pain meds. Personally, I can't drink when I'm on the pain meds... the two just don't mix well for me, but maybe that's a goal to wean off them. I do enjoy an occassional glass of wine.

Giggles1, I can certainly relate to just wanting to feel like yourself again. As a matter of fact, my poor, wonderful girlfriend got just such a breakdown to handle last night. We talked about how I just wanted to be able to do things that normally were second nature for me, like take care of my own house. She, and a friend, have been wonderful with the amount of help and patience, and just plain caring, they have shown during my recovery. It's hard to have to rely on others when you're used to being independent. But my GF reminded me that I WILL eventually feel like myself again, only better. No more dealing with horrible periods and low or no energy in between. I just have to be patient and continue to be thankful for the wonderful people I have in my life. What a humbling experience this has been!

I am thankful for this website and the sharing that we're able to do here. It has been a blessing to have a place to get and give support, and share in the experience of others in the same situation. Gentle hugs to all.
Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
almost 4 weeks

Still in pain after almost 4 weeks. Surgery went well, but then I came home. I live alone and have stairs in the apartment. Things have gone down hill since. Can't seem to shake the pain killers and not walking as much as I should maybe. Did do some walking but felt really tired after. I do move around the apartment and I cook for myself. No lifting......but I did over do the stairs. My doctor says I doing great.....I say I'm not. I went shopping with the help of a friend all of 45 min.......in pain afterwards
Unread 10-09-2007, 09:11 AM

You do sound like your doing too much. I know it's hard if your on your own. Do you go sideways up and down the stairs? That really helps. Try and do just a little walking then rest. Then maybe later that day try it again. If you still have pain you should call the doc again.
Feel better.
Unread 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM

Are you lifting too much? I know when I do it's misery for a few days afterwards - as well as swelling!
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
So 4 weeks, 4 days and counting and I think I am seeing the light :)

I am moving with very limited mobility challenges now. Doctor has cleared me for exercise, driving, lifting, etc. I have to go back in 3 months for a check up. I still have one small piece of my abdominal incision which won't close and it has a little bit of discharge. The doctor tried to use silver nitrate to close, but it did not work. It needs air and I have a flap of skin over it keeping it moist so it won't form a proper scab and heal. I hope it heals prior to me getting back to work. I also am still losing a lot of my hair. Doctor says “don’t worry”; everything should be fine since I am not having hot flashes. Ta, Ta for now.

Signed,

Shumaker01
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:06 AM

Seems like most of us are feeling much better.
I have spent the last 2 days in the garden trying not to get too carried away. the weather has been perfect and I am feeling really good.
The only thing I have noticed is my whole body swells up. I'm guessing its fluid retention it was gone this morning but back again tonight. My legs are alittle stiff which is to be expected after nearly 4 months of doing nothing really.

Midnightqsp,
sorry to hear you are struggling with the stairs I too have stairs 14 to get into the house then its double storey as well. As of this week I have been able to get upand down them without holding on to my belly or the banister I dont even notice them. I have been lucky I guess. I use them as my excersise regime. I am about a week ahead of you and feel 100% on last week. I have it on good authority that something miracuous happens at 6 weeks and you will feel fabulous.
Be patient.

Holly
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:44 AM

Hollyhocks - congrats on feeling 100% - I'm still having up and down days - but I'm no longer taking naps!!!!!
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:28 AM

I am feeling SO much better ... working, driving, staying out of bed all day :-) ... I'm at 5+ weeks. Don't see my doc again until 8 wks. But I feel good, can't remember when I've even taken Advil. Week 3 I was thinking I'll never feel better ... right about 4 wks there was a real upsurge in energy, stamina, etc. Relief!

Rebecca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register