Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Hello Ladies

Happy to hear all are doing better. Like you all I'm feeling much better physically it's mental and emotional for me. I'm still crying for no reason, forgetting things mid sentence, can't sleep or concentrate, lower back pain from what (?).

On top of all that I believe I have a yeast infection. My doctor hasn't released me to return to work yet so now the insurance company is sending there little notes and want to know why. It's been six weeks so I guess they thought I should be there right now. Disregarding that my paper work says 6-8 weeks. So I'm feeling overwhelmed and push. I don't feel I'm totally ready for work but I guess its best to get back in there and work towards it. I do accounting and I would hate to ruin something because I can't remeber I did something or didn't do something.

I really never expected all of this. I'm crying now, sorry. I'm almost feel depressed because I can't get back to me. People are telling me I should be back to work and moving on, but I can't even get there and I'm tired of feeling guilty because I can't.

Thanks ladies for listening I really needed to vent while crying and trust me it feels good to do so. I don't have anyone yelling in my ear get over it. Or its just a surgery you've had others so move on. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Lady Faith,
Hon, take it easy on yourself!! You're healing at your own pace, and no one can determine that but you. A question pops into my head when I read your post: Did your doctor put you on any kind of hormone replacement therapy? And if so, could it possibly need some adjusting? Just something to think about, and maybe talk to your Doc about. Hang in there Sister... it WILL get better, just be kind to yourself and try to rejoice in the little progressions that you make each day. You can always vent and cry here... it's a loving sisterhood, and we're here to support each other!
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:32 PM

Catsplusme

Thanks for your response, in answer to your question I kept both of my ovaries and I am not on any hrt's at this time. Doc did say that we would discuss this when I come in on tuesday. Thanks again for listening and responding it meant a lot to me. My husband came in from work and found me crying and basically said the same thing. I know I should ignore everyone but my doc,& my body its just that I never thought ....... Anyway it will get better I'm sure, I guess I should continue telling myself that until it does. Thanks for all the hugs they really make a difference when your having a hard time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 08:17 PM

Lady faith,

Like you, I kept my ovaries, but I am still having what feels like accelerated menopausal symptoms--in other words, hormonal fluctuation. When I was anticipating the hysterectomy my doctor drew a picture for me of the ovaries that I was keeping. He showed that there was a blood supply to the ovaries from the uterus which would be disconnected after the uterus was removed. I understood this to mean that although I wasn't completely cutting off my ovaries from blood supplies, there would likely be an effect from the removal of the uterus. The research I read said that a woman who keeps her ovaries following hysterectomy goes through menopause on average two years earlier than she normally would. My doctor (gyn, surgeon, oncologist) confirmed that when I questioned him. I don't know your age. I am 50. I was doing fine in many respects these last several weeks. But beginning about week six I started having hot flashes. I had them once before about a year ago but they went away. Now I am waking up at night, feeling restless and having a hard time going back to sleep and getting the hot flashes during the day time also. The flashes are not unbearable but naturally not pleasant either. I am also feeling a little depressed. I find myself having more sad thoughts than normal. I am going to wait a little longer and then go back to my regular gyn to discuss hrt possibilities. For me there is an elevated cancer risk, so hrt may not be an option. I wanted you to know that I understand something of how you feel. Physically I am pretty good, although I am still spotting a little here and there and haven't been released for sex yet. When I am tired after a poor night's sleep, the next day is especially bad. And it is hard during the night to be awake. Every problem seems magnified. I have been taking a sleeping aide occasionally. I don't want to develop a habit, but I also feel that my health depends on a reasonable amount of sleep. I hope you can discuss your feelings and symptoms, including the emotional issues openly with your doctor. I have many friends who have gone through menopause completely and dealt with sleeplessness, depression, hot flashes, etc. The good news is that it doesn't last forever--at least that's what I've been told. I will be thinking about you and hope to hear how things go with your doctor. Sounds like you have a supportive husband.
Unread 10-26-2007, 02:14 AM

Josephine Rose

Thank you for your post and for the information that you have given me. Here is a for you also they really help me. . I really love this site and the sisterhood here.

I started have the night sweats and flashes immedately. I was told that they would taper off they haven't . As you can see by my post I'm not gettingmuch sleep its after 4am and I'm still up this is one of those time where I can't even get an hour's nap. And yes I have taken something to help me sleep and still I wait for sleep to arrive.

Thank you and yes I have a wonderful wonderful husband. I met my husband at the age of 16 I'm now 41 years of age and we've been married 21 of those years and he walks in today and tells me I'm his soulmate. Which accounts for me being in a much better frame of mine right now.

Thanks again the support I received from the sisters on this site can never compare to a pamphlet, or handout from the doctors office. I spoke to the doctor today or should I say yesterday and she has assured me that on Tuesday we will straighten some things out. Mainly sleeping. Thanks and I'll keep you in my prayers that things will start to change for you as well.

Unread 10-26-2007, 05:30 AM

I saw my surgeon today for my 6 week post op & he wants me to have a total of 12 weeks off work!! Due to the extent of my surgery TAH, Prolapse repairs & inguinal & umbilical hernias. My boss will freak!! OOps. Unfortunately it's all unpaid leave as I am a subcontractor. I can swim but not do any abdominal exercise until the 12 weeks & a 20lb weight limit for the 3 months also. I am feeling better emotionally (Thank GOD) but not myself still. Very introspective & reassessing life etc

Faith I know just how you feel. It all takes a looong time & I don't think any of us knew what we were in for. My gynae reiterated all was normal ( anxiety, depression etc) Just wish he'd told me before now!! Would have saved me a lot of anguish, but the sisters here have been what got me through...thanks all

Daisy
Unread 11-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Losing My Hair

Anyone else losing your hair? Is this normal. I am getting worried.
Unread 11-04-2007, 06:27 AM

Hi,
I have lost some hair but it seems to have let up now. Saw my doc last week for my final check up and he said all is good. Still having a problem with insomnia. So last night was the first time we tried to have sex. Is anyone else afraid to try?? DH was so looking forward to it and I just could not get into it. We had a good sex life before this and I'm hoping it wont change.
Maybe you need to talke to a doctor about your hair loss if you feel its more than normal. Sending my prayers to all of my sisters.
Unread 11-04-2007, 09:18 AM

Hello Newbie2

Yes I have had the hair loss as well and yes there seems to be a lot of it. I've heard all of the things about meds still be in your systems. I also was a severe anemic. While I'm seeing hait lost I am starting to see less of it. My sylist his doing some great conditioning, and watching it really close. On top of that I'm taking skin, hair, and nails vitamin supplements. Hang it there it gets better.

I went to y finally dr visistlast tuesday and I got the okay for every thing and I look to be fine. As I posted somewhere else on the site I finally got some sleep. It's been 5 days now and I have slept everynight. Its been great. I can't say that the memory is all that great just yet because its still shaky. I've started saying words in the wrong place and all. So I return to work tomorrow. My dr is only sending me back 1/2 day for the first two weeks that's how bad ny memory is. I tend to get a little over whelmed when I really have a bad memory day so I think this is best. Thanks for listening
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Hi Lady,
My hair does seem to be more thinner in the back of my head. When I go to my GP I will discuss it with him. But sounds like you are on the right track with the vitiamins. Are you taking anything for sleep? I have a problem almost every night for about 3-4 hrs. I turn on the tv sometimes till 5 am .
But the next day I do not take a nap, I cant. Sometimes I take an ativan. The sleep meds kind of give me a hang over feeling. The ativan doesn't.

Good luck in work tomorrow. I think the half day is a good start for you. I'm sure after the first few days it will be like riding a bike. It will come back easily. I do understand about the memory. I have foggy days too. My daughter will look at me and roll her eyes and I will shake my head because we bothknow it's happening. It was nice to see your post today. Drop a line and let me know how your doing.

Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register