Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 03-Sep 10,2007

This is my first time post on the board...I registered a few minutes ago.

I had my surgery September 7 at noon and was released from the hospital yesterdat (September 9) at around noon. I am still on both percocet and ibuprofen 800mg. I don't take the medications together...percocet is usually taken first and two hours later I take ibuprofen 800mg. The pain is okay as long as I keep up with meds. I do have quite a gassy tummy and am very tired during the day. I've been sleeping as much as possible per Doc's orders, and luckily DH is here helping me with the kids.

I had a LAVH as well as an appendectomy, and rectocele repair. They left my left ovary, but took everything else. I have a history of abdominal adhesions and when they did the surgery, they found I had an adhesion that was starting to wrap around my appendix.

I do have a pretty serious problem with bowel motility already and am terrified of becoming constipated, especially having the rectocele repair. I haven't tried pear juice, so I might have to try that. I did a full bowel cleanse before surgery, so I'm pretty sure I'm still pretty empty. I haven't had a huge appetite either, but I'm sure that will come in time.

Thank you so much for making such a wonderful forum and website regarding hysterectomys!

~Kim~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:04 PM

About an hour after my post last night / earlier today I did have a bm, painful, but it came. Better since then. I followed all instructions - water, walking and stool softener. I feel so much better today! I've had three walks so far, two were about a 1/2 mile.

My partner went to pick up the dogs. They have been boarded since Thursday. I have two large dogs. One is a 9 month old Newf-Lab puppy and she can jump up at times. We have borrowed one of those breakfast-in-bed tables from a friend to use to protect me from her. She is a slobberpuss, but a lovely dog. I've been told I can't walk her for 6 weeks! Charlie, the other lab-mix, is a therapy dog. I think he just "gets" when people are sick and is so sweet!
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM

My Sugery was sept 5 snd I got out the 6. I just had mt uturus removed. He did it laoroscopically. then I had Lasik eye surgery done on the 7th, so that was when the rest started right??? No the my littlle gir gets the stomach flu 2 days in a row and has to get picked ear;y. So we snuggle on the couch just enough so I could get it too. but at least I hadn't had to battle the dreaded constapation.

Now I am getting ready to go for my 1 week post-op visit. I need more pain meds but I am afraid to ask. Well wish me luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 03:17 AM

Hey to all. I had my surgery on the 3rd and discharged on the 6th. My bowel was intwined and lined with endo also. I had a vaginal removal of all except my right ovary. Not sure if the right will stay viable, hopefully endo wont catch on to that one too. i am allergic to codeine so I cant have alot of pain assitance apart from tylenol. I had morphine in hospital although it made me feel horribly itchy so I gave it a miss after the cathetor came out. My biggest problem is trying not to do anything, i feel ok to do things and then wear the pain about 30 minutes later. I suffer collogenous colitus so I have diarrhear consisitantly, causes a bit of pain but tryihng to handle it withought meds.

Helathy recovery wishes to all
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:57 AM

Had LSH on Sept 6th came home the 7th. Haven't had any really bad pains. Haven't taken any prescribed meds. Doc said everything went well. Hubby got to see the pictures but I haven't yet, maybe on the 20th when I go in for my post-op. I did have some adhesions that were removed.

The only complaint is that my belly itches like crazy. I have the strips on which they said should fall off in about 7-10 days. The swellying is unbelievable. But other than that I am doing great. I can't believe I was so worried, really about nothing. But I guess we all get that way.

Stephanie
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:53 AM

Hi Onescaredsister, Getting up is a bit tricky. When in bed roll to your side and use your elbow to push you up to a sitting position, both feet on floor. Then you can put a pillow on your tummy and get up slowly. If the pain is really bad, hold your breath while you are getting up and let it out a little at a time. By the time you are standing all your breath should be let out.
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:40 AM

Had my LAVH/BSO on 9/4 and was home on 9/7. Dr called me his problem child....bladder totally adhesed to uterus, mucho scar tissue, small pelvis-so prob getting uterus out)..I was in surgery for about 5 hours!! At least he was able to do it all laproscopically. My bladder has some holes in it so I've got to keep my catheter for a couple of weeks..YIKES!! Lost alot of blood and they monitored that closely for a couple of days, but I was up and walked a little the day of surgery due to EXTREME itchiness and just general discomfort, the walking helped me to get rid of that jittery feeling from anesthesia and itching. I am home now and have had almost no pain for a few days now, but I am very nauseated, so I haven't eaten anything but some dry toast and chicken noodle soup. I look forward to losing the catheter bag next week. Meanwhile, I am enjoying being pampered and resting.
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Why did I wait so long?

I had my surgery on sept 5th and it went well. They had to take my right ovary out, but I had No problems, I had an "On-Q" pump which numbed my incension(a vertial cut from my belly button down), staple that they took out yesterday along with my On-Q pump. Hey this really works. The only pain that I had was those nasty gas pain. That was the onliest problem, because they wouldn't let me come home until I passed gas. This happend on Friday night so I got to come home on Saturday around 2 p.m. I took a percuset on Saturday when I came home because of the gas pains and it had me dreaming crazy, scarry dreams so I haven't taken any more of them. I took an X-strength Tylenol on Sunday and I haven't had anything else for pain so far. Thanks for your concerns and I'm walking a good bit, lying down a lot and getting around real good (in the house of course).
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
home at last

Hello every one I had my surgery on the 7th and was home on the 9th. Doctors were great and so were the staff. Nurses were wonderful. My mom has been here helping since the surgery. She stayed in the hospital both nights. It is so nice to have her here. I had a subpartial hysterectomy, kept by cerix & ovaries. I was on morophine for about 24 hours, then peracets every 4 hours while I was in the hopsital. Now I alternate between 1 peracet and 1 800 mg motrine pill every 12 hours. Pain is managable. I have no stiches on my biniki cut becuase they bonded my skin together with a thing called thermabond. Pretty cool. All the stiches on inside and will disolve over time. The swelly belly and the gas pains are the only things I am concerned about now. And when I am I going to do another number 2? Other than that, life is great. I have been walking around the house slowly and sitting in chairs and picking flowers on the deck just trying to enjoy the time I have with my Mom. I made by follow up appointment for Oct 5th. I am looking forward to it. My goal over the next few weeks is rest, drop a few pounds and enjoy myself.

Cheers for now. Big hug to heal the pain we qare all recoverying from
Unread 09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Sept 5th LSH

I think i posted this in the wrong place before and just found my surgery date.

My surgery was 9/5 and I came home the next day. The procedure was all laparoscopic and my doctor only removed my uterus. I am home and walking and almost back to normal. Still sore and tender at the incision points but other than that doing very well. i have occasionaly gas pains under my rib cage from the CO2.

Thank God for drugs because i remember very little. It was amazing and I am glad it is over. My pre-surgery symptoms are gone..happy to say.

GoldenFlake/47
Atlanta
LSH 9/5/07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register