Abdominal exercises - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal exercises Abdominal exercises

Unread 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Abdominal exercises

A6000, Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely do this. I am about 30 lb overweight but I do like to work out. I haven't been able to work out in a few months, but I am looking forward to getting back to it. Again, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Abdominal exercises

Forgive my ignorance and lack of experience with exercise but do wall pushups mean you do this in a standing position?
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Abdominal exercises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Forgive my ignorance and lack of experience with exercise but do wall pushups mean you do this in a standing position?
Yep, just imagine the wall is the floor, and do push ups... but the key is to go slowly, and allow for resistance, as otherwise you are doing thing except perhaps humping the wall...

;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Abdominal exercises

Quote:
Originally Posted by style214
A6000, Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely do this. I am about 30 lb overweight but I do like to work out. I haven't been able to work out in a few months, but I am looking forward to getting back to it. Again, thanks!
Sure. Just remember, things took time to 'fall appart', so they will take time to put back together again. Patience, a doable routine, and perceverance, are key...
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Abdominal exercises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salam
A6000 - you are brilliant! Thanks for sharing these tips with us! I'm going kinda crazy ... ok a lot crazy ... not being able to swim (laps). Can't wait to be able to get back in the water and slowly get back into my routine! : )
Sure...
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Abdominal exercises

Hey all, great info. But yes if a woman has well difined pecks and I don't mean body builder type, the boobies will lift and look great! It just takes a different exercise than wall push ups and I wouldn't do that until you are quite advance with the wall PU's. This site is just so much fun. I've never had so many thoughtful people to talk to. Before finding this site I was almost convinced people just didn't care about others anymore, guess I was wrong huh? Ya'll heal well and be well.
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Abdominal exercises

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogini13
Hey all, great info. But yes if a woman has well difined pecks and I don't mean body builder type, the boobies will lift and look great! It just takes a different exercise than wall push ups and I wouldn't do that until you are quite advance with the wall PU's. This site is just so much fun. I've never had so many thoughtful people to talk to. Before finding this site I was almost convinced people just didn't care about others anymore, guess I was wrong huh? Ya'll heal well and be well.
True, it takes more than just wallpush ups to do pecs, much more, but they are a start and simple, and for toning the arms they are a very good start, especially for people who have fallen out of practise when it comes to exersising at all...they also do not call for any sort of equipment, training, special knowledge, or anythign else really, just a wall, and something like five minutes of time and the ability to count to three...so, KISS principle in action. Once a start is made, then one can do and learn other things...
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Abdominal exercises

So very true. I train also believe me I know where you're coming from.
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Abdominal exercises

I'm 3 weeks PO and I've been dying to exercise again. My pain has been very little and I don't mine walking my dog to the mailbox (my husband takes her running when he gets home, she's getting fat hanging out with me) I guess I should really just stick to increasing, slowly, my walking and not anything else.

Of course we just bought a weight bench before my surgery and I can't even use it right.

Some days are better then others, but I noticed if I do too much I feel it at night. So everyone be careful whatever you do.
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Abdominal exercises

hi A6000 and yogini13...i'm almost 9 mos. out from 2 abdominal surgeries (feb. 19 & mar. 22/07) and have recently started back to "organized exercise" in the form of dance yoga once a week and a personal trainer twice a week. prior to my surgeries i was taking iyengar yoga and salsa/fit so i was trying my best but funny enough couldn't lose any weight. lost 30 lbs. after my hyst. but have put most of it back on. did challenging walks as soon as i recovered from the surgery and in between chemo treatments. (i'm 57).

my question and concern is the lower pelvic pain (almost to the pubic area) i have been having after fairly strenuous ab exercises. the one that bothers me the worst is sitting upright from a laying-down flat on the mat, legs straight out position. i'm able to do the opposite of that and not hurt. do you think i'm using the wrong ab muscles? my trainer thinks there might be a pelvic/hip connection. my yoga instructor thinks it's too soon to be doing strenuous exercise since i just finished 6 chemo treatments sept. 5 (3 mos. ago). my dr. said that i am totally healed and that it was okay to keep at it as long as the pain subsides, which it does in a couple of days. (btw i had my 3 mo. post-chemo followup and i'm doing great).

i really want to try to lose my belly fat, but i don't want to hurt myself. any suggestions? i've been posting on the cancer concerns for months and just now noticed this thread. thank you everyone for your input, esp. the two trainers!

to all those who are still recuperating from their surgery, please don't overdo it...start out slowly by short walks, only when you are up to it! it will get better. best wishes to all.
colleen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register