I just lost it (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just lost it (kids mentioned) I just lost it (kids mentioned)

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I just lost it (kids mentioned)

OK, so this whole time I am telling myself that I am OK with my surgery, not nervous at all. Well, we have our house on the market and we are going through a huge clean & purge this weekend. I was doing great thinking that I am going to have all this stuff done way before surgery, things are going great, then BAM! I started cramping and went to the bathroom & I had started bleeding. With the history of cancer in my family I thought that what tipped everyone off was the bleeding when they shouldn't be (I had ablation last year & am bleeding more than I should). I came out of the bathroom & when my husband asked what was wrong I just started to cry.

I know that it's probably nerves starting to show up, but I couldn't help it. I was asking 'what if it's cancer?' My husband just held me & told me that things were going to be OK. I actually told him that for the first time EVER I wish that we had boys. I am so scared of passing anything on to my girls. I know that in the coming years there are going to be great strides in cancer research, and I am sure I don't have cancer, but I still lost it thinking about it.

So, how am I going to get through the next 18 days? Up until about 10 minutes ago I was fine. Now I am getting a little nervous. I am just going to try to keep myself busy, which really isn't too hard. I really hope this feelign passes soon.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 04:34 PM

I am so sorry for all that you are going through, what a load! I understand the "breaking point", this last week I just started that and my surgery is Thursday. Today I took a day to just be with my kids, the morning was rough, but the afternoon was great, my daughter is really scared about my surgery, she is five and understands enough to be scared/worried, and she is acting out a little. Hang in there, the best thing to do is keep busy. I will be praying for you!
Unread 09-03-2007, 04:41 PM

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has a daughter that is acting out. While I still have 18 days until surgery I have been very honest with my girls (8 & 4). my oldest is a little worried, but since my mom just went through this she is understanding it more than my 4 year old. My youngest started crying last night that she didn't want me to have surgery & she didn't want me to go to the hospital. I keep telling her that everything is going to be fine. My main concern is my mother-in-law will be watching my girls while I am in the hospital & she doesn't like to stay here, she would rather take them to her house. I think that it's best for them to stay here so there is some sense or normalcy for my youngest. My husband needs to talk to her about it, she won't listen to me.

Thanks for the encouraging words. You are in my prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery. (((HUGS)))

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM

I feel for both of you. I know this is hard but really the waiting is the worse part. You will be fine and your kids will be so happy to see you. I was so terrified that I would not make it through the surgery and here I am. In 4 days it will be 7 months since surgery. Good luck to you both.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register