Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

my stomach hurts, i still have tons of gas...i lay in bed all day with couple walks around the house a day. I had just my uterus removed, will clean up of endometriosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Hi Sisters... had a TVH w/ a Cysto on 11 Sept.... Came home from the castle 2 days post op. I have my bad days and I have my good days. Docs left me with one working ovary. I had a baseball size mass on my right ovary.

Food doesnt taste the same to me either. Get full faster too but my appetite is different. Hospital food actually tasted great! I wound up having to get the assistance of Phillips MOM for the BM issue. Yummy! (NOT) LOL

Eventhough i dont have an adominal incision, i can still feel the internal stiches. Kinda itch and pull. And boy, was my UroGyno right about having a distinct funky smell. UGH! (TMI, I know...)

I have my DH who is back at work now and my mother-in-law helping me around the house. Which, is not much since they always are harping on me not to lift anything and I have 3 young kids. I too, get bored easy and I find myself not sleeping alot. Went to the doc last week, they upped my pain meds to Lortab from Percocet. Which I try to stay off of them as much as I can if I can manage.

As I read through all of the posts, Ladies, just keep smiling! It will get better. And everyone does heal at a different pace. Take it easy.... Will write more later!
Unread 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflwr
I too went grocery shopping yesterday and couldnt believe how it wiped me out. Felt like I had been on a marathon shopping day. That was a lesson for me...I took it easy today for sure. It is so hard to sit still but my body sure let me know I needed to SLOW way down. Headaches have subsided now so that is a plus. Just using Motrin. Take care everyone and thanks for sharing your journey.

I went to the food store a few days back and used the electric cart. First I agree with everything you said but when we got to the checkout I was red as heck in the face and kept telling my husband I felt like I was going to pass out. Got home that night I was, HURTING. (I also went for a 40 mile ride to see my Mom in MA. & had to go to the Pharmacy to get Rx's that only I culd pick up..) I got home and slept. The next day I could still feel it. I wear down easy, around 1:30pm, I'de say.

Second the electric carts are a bad idea. I couldn't reach anything above my head, people where rude, couldn't get the ice cream from the otherside of the glass door, the cart wouldn't allow it. The brakes where so sudden I felt like my stitches where coming undone with everystop I had to make. People were RUDE! 1 person offered to get me my yogurts after seeing me struggle with the sour cream and sit and stare at the yogurts... I wanted to start eating in the store for energy but that wasn't legal.

So today I am 2wks and 1 day post-op. I still pee all night long but did proir to surgery. After reading many posts here I wish I had requested for that to be addressed during surgery but I didn't know how many options were available at the time...

BMs are coming back into play, but 10 days of one BM, was nothing I care to experience again. ( I can just happily away from that.). Gas pains are an issue and I found myself searching in the dark for my gas-x last night.

Sleeping is terriable. I wear down near 1:30pm and can't get to sleep much before midnight, if not after. I have been reading here and see that this is a common problem. I have been temopted to ask for a sleeping Rx for a month from my dr. but am unsure. If I did would it be from my GP or GYN? (When I called my GYN about feeling brain fog and slight depression, they told me that they had never heard of these symptoms from a LAVH/RSO or any surgery and that they were not going to call in anything but hormones (Still have left ovary. Odd suggestion...?) to address this never heard of before post-op issue.)

This week after my GYN said I needed to get out of the house to kill the brain fog, I went for a ride, my husband drove me through the roads of VT as I got air, I felt good. But as night sets in, so does the wear and tear of my day. Sometime even when in bed all day, I feel faded. For the most part I enjoy the short rides and it is nice to get out. It is hard on the body though and the past two days out I have had to ask my husband to turn around.

The house is tollerable but not Perceptionist clean .

My husband is a great cook but got fired for assisting me with my post-op care longer than a week. So now food is dwindling. I want to get a job but husband says it is too soon. There is an eye shop 10 houses down from me that is hiring and it sounds perfect but 2 wks post-op applying for work...? Sigh. Times are hard and my husband has been in good spirits under the slaving circumstances.

My pitbull is lonely but my daughter and husband are being better about attending to her. I don't dare walk her, one pull and I'm in the hospital or morge

The cat has been tossed from her landing spot (My tummy) a few times but still doesn't stop her from doing it the next day. She has a very colorful personality and even is starting to stalk my feet as I get in and out of bed to pee.. (She must have known I was injured the first week, no stalking. )

My website Lifeocity! The Speed of Life(http://lifeocity.spreebb.com ) has gone unmanaged for a month now. I hadn't thought of the darn thing till I was listening to my MP3 player at the hospital the day after my surgery and a friend stopped in to tell me I should add hystersisters.com to Lifeocity, so others can come here to become valued members of our site. So yesterday I managed to get over to Lifeocity and update some stuff, add a few threads and answer some PM's. But it tired me out. (So is this post-op update.) I should have assigned a moderator during this time but Lifeocity is too small to need such.

I get burning pain when I sit up and lay down or do the stairs.

Bleeding seems to have stopped.

Back is killing me (so is my buttocks.)

Well, that is how I am....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Hi all,

I actually feel like I'm doing pretty well. It seems like each day is a little better as far as pain goes. I've been on only OTC pain medicine for a week now. I'm walking more each day and sleeping well at night. My main complaint is this ITCH! My incision itches so bad it is almost painful. Of course I won't scratch, but it's made me rather uncomfortable. My doctor says this is normal. I know this is a minor problem compared to what could be, so I'm very thankful.
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysternutter321
Drink some hot Chai Decaf Tea with a teaspoon of sugar and milk.
That sounds so good! I think I'll have hubby run to Super Walmart!
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Well, it is 2 weeks today since my surgery---I am healing good. my surgery took 3 1/2 hours instead of 1 1/2 hours. Doc said tumors were bigger and deep in me...sooo I am great at my incision--it is 'beautiful' but I am sore inside--very sore--but feeling a little better each day. I take small outings with my daughter each day now (she drives) and am tired when I get back home. My pooping hurts and I take stuff for it and I was not able to sleep
so my doc gave me Ambien---WONDERFUL!!!---THANK GOODNESS---I am sleeping thru the nite now. I walk like I am 90 years old sometimes but I don't care--i know I will get better. I just try and not overdo it....I think that is the key---so my dear sisters--just give your bodies the time to heal...life will catch up with us soon enuf!
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:59 PM

two weeks tomorrow and had my two week checkup today. Had an internal exam due to bleeding I had over the weekend. He said I am healing "beautifully, better than most". Good to hear. Finally feeling pretty good. Released to drive and light house work. Pathology reports came back with no surprises....adenomyosis and endo but it is always good to hear no cancer or pre cancer.
My 8 year old son said tonight that things seem "normal again". I guess I can't ask for more than that!
Unread 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Improving, but slow progress

I am now two weeks and one day out from TAH. It was a week before I had a BM, and my stomach was cramping so bad. So I called my doc's nurse. She said take stool softeners, Metamucil and go back to soft foods. Then two days later, my bowels start moving again, thank goodness! You don't appreciate something until it's gone! I'm still quite tender around the incision site and inside where the surgery was performed. I still cannot sleep on my side. Too much pain. I am starting to walk a little more, not much though. When I was in the hospital, I had to have my bladder emptied twice by a catheter, and they wouldn't let me go home until I could go on my own. I thought of everthing. Then, I got naked and walked into the shower and hummed some stupid song and I go the urge to urinate and stepped out, wet and all, onto the toilet and filled up the container for them to measure. Was released that day (three days after surgery). I think I have turned a new corner in my recovery since my bowel and bladder works, at least most of the time. They are still slow, but they move. I sometimes get shooting pains in my rectum if I get too plugged up.

I think what I miss most is my indpendence. To just jump in my car and drive anywhere and get what I need. But I'm being a good girl and asking for help from friends. I live alone.

It's so good to have found this site. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. I'm still using Vicodin, but very sparingly, only at night becuase when I try to turn, the pain wakes me up. I hope this will get better.
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:09 PM

My pains also worsen at night. My husband is wearing down waiting on me...
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:40 PM

joyinaz,

Don't get down on yourself. Only do what you can do. You have been through a lot and need time to heal. I had the worst endometriosis my doc has seen, had everything removed. It's been almost two weeks and I am finally starting to feel like I'm getting better. The pain isn't too bad, but my bladder is messed up from the surgery and catheter and that has been frustrating. It seems to be improving a little though. Healing just takes time! The more you try to push yourself the longer it will take. That's what I have to keep telling myself anyway. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register