Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
12 days and counting

I had yet another moment of insanity yesterday and decided I was up for sitting through a three hour talent show at work. Boy, was I wrong. I am so worn out today. I didn't get out of bed until 11:30, but at least hubby was off of work and we got to cuddle.

After reading all of your comments on your recoveries, I have decided that I'm doing pretty well. I've been up and around the house since returning from the castle. Surgery was on the 14th and I returned home the following Monday. I haven't needed much paid meds but take them when I do.

I completely empathize with the BM problems. Mine started moving again two days after surgery but I'm still taking Colace twice a day to make sure I stay normal.

I've always had trouble sleeping, and was already taking Ambien to help with sleep so that hasn't been too much of an issue. We were directly affected from hurricane Rita two years ago and I went through some severe depression and have been taking Zoloft ever since. I do know that a lot of people experience depression after having major surgeries, so hang in there ladies.... it's not uncommon.

My question now is; how long does it take for the swelling to start subsiding? I don't feel like my belly has gone down much at all. I have quite a bit of soreness and the itching has begun.

I am a Massage Therapist and would normally use manual modalities to assist my clients, but it's not so easy to do those on myself.

Suggestion - Jasmine Green Tea is really soothing and has helped relieve some digestion issues.

Okay... enough of my rambling... My heart and prayers go out to all of you; my hyster sisters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I've noticed that most of you have had a two week post op exam. I saw my Doctor one week post op for staple removal and was scheduled to return in four weeks. Is this uncommon?
Unread 09-25-2007, 10:12 PM

I had a one-week post op exam.... Then I go back on the 12th of Oct to check status... but I'm active duty, I dunno if thats routine for most patients or not.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 10:51 PM

When I left the hospital they gave me a 6 week post op appointment. I don't go back till 10/25.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:20 AM

Hi all....this is my first post. I had my surgery September 17th. Next day I was up doing laps around the hospital. I was feeling fine. I got home on Wednesday and things have been fine until I decided I thought I could vacuum by sitting on a chair. That didn't work at very well at all. Spent the next day in bed.

I am now 9 days out and having sever pain in my right side below my abdomen. Sore to the touch and sharp pains when I move. I kept both ovaries but I am still have a hell of a time sleeping. Was in most of last night due to the pain when I move in the right side. Does this seem normal to anyone? I am going to be calling the drs when they open this morning.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:45 AM

Glad to hear you had the flap checked Jennifer. Hope it stops hurting soooooon! My tummy still feels very numb op was 2 weeks ago today had TAH/BSO. Otherwise okay appertite/taste starting to return - not on any HRT - no hot flushes so far. Tried to do a little gentle exercise last night to try and strengthen Pelvic muscle - worried everything will go to pot down there - in hospital physio gave us a sheet of to do gentle exercises from week 1. Haven't left the home yet, so a bit worried when I walk a little way.
All the best
Beverley - 48 - England
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:56 AM

Hi Amelia829
Hope you are okay and haven't pulled anything by vacuuming - take it easy!
My op was Sept 12th felt really well for 4 days then got internal infection which just wiped me out! Had nine days in hospital (castle) before they would let me home. I find I can only stand for 15 mins max or tummy hurts - I wish the numbness would go. I don't seem to have any post op check up with dr/consultant - maybe I will get a letter in the post with a date.
God bless
Beverley TAH/BSO - 48 - England
Unread 09-26-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepol
I've noticed that most of you have had a two week post op exam. I saw my Doctor one week post op for staple removal and was scheduled to return in four weeks. Is this uncommon?
I also had the one week check and then the 6 week check.
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia829
Hi all....this is my first post. I had my surgery September 17th. Next day I was up doing laps around the hospital. I was feeling fine. I got home on Wednesday and things have been fine until I decided I thought I could vacuum by sitting on a chair. That didn't work at very well at all. Spent the next day in bed.

I am now 9 days out and having sever pain in my right side below my abdomen. Sore to the touch and sharp pains when I move. I kept both ovaries but I am still have a hell of a time sleeping. Was in most of last night due to the pain when I move in the right side. Does this seem normal to anyone? I am going to be calling the drs when they open this morning.
Good idea to call about that Amelia. Keep us updated!
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Question about too much too soon

Surgery was on the 14th, and my staples were removed on the 18th. I have this very large tummy girdle from the hospital, but thinking about ordering a new one from here - has anyone done this? It seems to help with my movements, and laying down.

Still not comfortable laying flat. Have never been able to sleep on my back, but still can't get on my side. Usually end up out on the couch, reclined somewhat - in order to sleep.

The night sweats are horrible. Is this normal? Should I call my doctor about it? I've noticed that lots of you have gone through the same thing. Getting "bruising" type pain/soreness from the left side just below my ribs. Could it be because the tumor had taken over that area, and it is sore from the removal process??

Not used to being home this much, and have TOTAL cabin fever. Am fortunate to have a friend staying with us to help out with things, but the loss of freedom is irritating. Feeling sadness creeping in more and more each day, and not sure how to combat it. Never thought I would miss the daily errand runs, but as all have said .... you don't know what you miss until you don't have it.

My staples came out on the 18th, and my restrictions have stayed the same. I live in a split level house, and my doctor has limited me to going down the stairs only twice a day - one stair at a time. Talk about feeling 90!

My hubby, family friend, and the rest of the brood want to go up to some property we have - and camp in a trailer for the weekend. I would love to go, but am terrified of a two hour drive, combined with staying in a trailer that has a very small bathroom, and no couch to recline on when I can't handle the bed. I asked my hubby - seriously - what would I do up there? I can't fish, ride quads, or even care for the brood? Personally, I would rather stay home in the quiet and catch up on sleep. Help me, is this a bad thing? I have NO problems letting them go and enjoy themselves, as they have been great with me. I just don't want to mess anything up, or add any more discomfort to what I already have.

Does this make sense??? Can anyone offer any advice. Sorry I rambled so long.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register