Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy
Hi Ladies,

I had my surgery on Sept 13. This is the first chance I've had at getting on the computer.

I was suppose to have problems with my uterus...fibroids, and my left ovary...at least 3 cysts of concern.

At my pre-op visit, my ob/gyn decided we needed to change from Laprascopic surgery to Abdominal surgery...so we changed it.

During the surgery, my uterus was found to be full of fibroids but my left ovary was fine...no cysts. Turns out my Left Fall. tube was huge - 5 times bigger than my ovary - that's very large considering our Fall. tubes are very, very small. It was filled with endometriosis - wrapped up inside like a ball of yarn. So, she removed my uterus, Left Fall. tube and my cervix. I did have an infection in my cervix that we didn't know I had. I got to keep both ovaries.

The day after surgery, my Dad died. That was a Very hard time....still is. The doctor released me Sat morning even tho I had a slight fever. My family knew I couldn't go anywhere that night, so they loaded up all the food and came to my house so I could be apart of the family gathering.

Sunday evening I went to visitation, then the funeral on Monday. Very tiring days filled with grief and sadness.

On Tues I had a doctor visit to get my staples removed and to check my fever. My incision and an area about 2 " out was very red. She put me on antibiotics to try and head off any infection. Told me to call immediately if the fever reached 101. She called and checked on me a few days later.

But, each day I seemed to be getting worse.....little by little. My temp was all over the board - from 97.0 to 100.8 , never knew what it would be - changed minute by minute.

I really didn't seem to be "sore" from the surgery. It was my back, hips and head that hurt soooo bad. Finally on Sunday morning, my husband cooked breakfast and I couldn't even hold my head up to eat. I had to prop it up and "try" to eat. I had no appetite - none. I took a warm shower and gosh that felt sooo good. After I dried my hair, I was freezing, so I went and laid down on my bed and covered up. I stayed there for 3 hours. I finally felt like getting up - took my temp and it was 102.5.

I called the hospital and was told to get up there. By the time we got there, my temp was down to 100.2.....Crazy!!!

Anyway, they pumped me full of antibiotics and had to re-open the incision - about 1/4" from the bottom. They finally released me on Wed. I'm still on antibiotics by mouth. Turns out my incision was infected but I also had a bladder infection. My white blood count was 20,000 when I got to the hospital - normal is 4,000-10,000. I was sick!!!

I do seem to be getting better each day. I still have a little fever occasionaly, but not like before. I still have some vaginal bleeding - ready for that to stop! My incision is still draining some.

But overall, I'm doing better.

I have a check up Tues - I'll get a copy of my pathology report then. I'm curious as to what all they did find and what it's called when they did surgery. I know she told me, but there's a lot I don't remember.

Hope everyone else has had a better recovery than me! Good luck to all!!!

Carcrazy, I too am so sorry to hear about your dad right after your surgery. Losing both of my parents in the past is tough but not right after you have had surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you feel better soon and some comfort from your loss. Lots of hugs to you.

Blessings to you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
Carcrazy,
I'm so sorry you have had such a difficult time since surgery. I had started to feel sorry for myself with just normal pain that comes from any hysterectomy and of course being impatient with my slow recovery. But when I read your story, my heart goes out to you. Keep doing what the doc says and take it very easy. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

To those who have responded to my posts, thank you! Even though I did not sleep well last night, I did not have an anxiety attack again, so I'm very grateful for that.

Take care everyone!
Glad to hear you didn't have another anxiety attack. They are the worst ever. I hope you sleep well tonight.

I had a good check at the cardio and my blood pressure is normal without meds. One less pill to take. Yeah!
Unread 10-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Here's my question today---do any of you feel irritable and CRANKY???geez---add this to the healing part of my life right now and it sucks.....its like I have had bad PMS for the last 10 days.....I keep apologizing to my family cuz I snap at any little thing----I fell like I want everybody to be gone and I want to be alone-----help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsea7
Here's my question today---do any of you feel irritable and CRANKY???geez---add this to the healing part of my life right now and it sucks.....its like I have had bad PMS for the last 10 days.....I keep apologizing to my family cuz I snap at any little thing----I fell like I want everybody to be gone and I want to be alone-----help!!
Yes!!! cranky and irritable! Any suggestions anyone?? It feels like pms that won't go away. I've done the same thing. I snap at my family too. I'm not usually like that unless I'm going to get my period. Will it go away soon?
Unread 10-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Definitely have a case of the cranky ..... and this wierd sadness at the same time. Not so much "sad" but I am avoiding a lot of phone calls from caring associates and friends. I guess I don't feel like I have a lot to talk about, and haven't been in the best of moods to boot. How do we handle this????
The family is tip toeing around, and that's not fair to them.
Unread 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Oh can I related, my 23 yr old son says he doesnt know who I am since I got home from hosptial! The rest of family kind of tip toe around me.... I did suffer from PMS previously but had it under control pretty well taking an antidepressant ZOLOFT...Im going to ask my dr if I can up the dose to see if that helps. One minute Im biting someone's head of then the next minute Im crying telling them Im sorry. I hope this doesnt continue long...Im praying that I just need to let everything adjust and ride it out !!!!

Other than the mood swings and tiring easily Im feeling better each day.

Hope everyone is taking care of them selves...
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Zoe,
You are the sweetest. Sometimes just a word of encouragement can help us get through the day. Sorry you are having you difficulties too. Wonder why you have a pinched nerve in your arm?

I'm not sure if living alone or sleeping next to a snoring hubby is better or worse, LOL. I'm going to have a friend come back and spend nights here (on a mattress on the floor) because just knowing someone is here helps me with the anxiety. I looked again at the calendar and I'm exactly three weeks post op and I feel as if I should be coming along faster than this. I have not overdone it in any respect. Maybe I should walk more? Who knows. My first postop appointment is not until October 11, but I did call the nurse one week out and she said everything I described is normal. Geez, it scares me when I read somehwere on this site that we can pull something 6 months out! I will walk easily and if I go to the store tomorrow with a friend at Walmart, I will ride their electronic scooters.

I don't know how to use the emoticons, but big hugs back!
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Dear little Carcrazy. I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Daddy. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and I pray that each day will get better. My father is dying of pancreatic cancer and isn't expected to live much longer. He is several hundred miles away from me, so I understand. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I will certainly be praying for you this evening. I hope you feel better real soon. Be gentle and kind to yourself.
Gayle
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
Zoe,
You are the sweetest. Sometimes just a word of encouragement can help us get through the day. Sorry you are having you difficulties too. Wonder why you have a pinched nerve in your arm?

I'm not sure if living alone or sleeping next to a snoring hubby is better or worse, LOL. I'm going to have a friend come back and spend nights here (on a mattress on the floor) because just knowing someone is here helps me with the anxiety. I looked again at the calendar and I'm exactly three weeks post op and I feel as if I should be coming along faster than this. I have not overdone it in any respect. Maybe I should walk more? Who knows. My first postop appointment is not until October 11, but I did call the nurse one week out and she said everything I described is normal. Geez, it scares me when I read somehwere on this site that we can pull something 6 months out! I will walk easily and if I go to the store tomorrow with a friend at Walmart, I will ride their electronic scooters.

I don't know how to use the emoticons, but big hugs back!
Recovery,

Thanks for the reply. My arm is feeling a bit better tonight. Had to drive myself to the lab today for a urine test to see if I have a bladder infection. It's like I have a catheter in, but I don't, so I basically pee whenever. Very frustrating and just one more thing to worry about. I'm so glad you will have someone staying with you. That will make you feel so much more at ease. I don't like spending my days alone, but the nights would be worse. Wishing you the sweetest dreams and a good nights' sleep!
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Even though I'm taking hormone replacement I am still up and down like crazy! Today was a tough day and when my DH came home I just started crying when I was telling him about it. I get frustrated VERY easily these days too, but mostly at my body for not doing what I want. We will feel better soon I hope!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register