Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I have been lucky in the dream department so far - -no bad ones. Usually I have nightmares or really strange dreams when I take vicodin, but this time, i've been sleeping so hard that I don't even have any dreams. Based on others that I know who have taken vicodin, that drug can cause bad dreams. My dad used to have some whoppers when he was on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I have been taking Darvocet and that has given me some weird dreams. Not bad per say, but me doing strange things for no good reason. The dreams are very vivid and real and I wake up disoriented. It is almost certainly drug related!
Unread 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM

Zoe and Scrapper Jen,

Thanks for your thoughts. I think you are probable right. Maybe after getting off of them they should subside. Thanks, Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM

I'm taking Darvocet also, so it must be the meds. I don't usually have such bizarre and vivid dreams.
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepol
Okay girls... I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but what does "DH" stand for?

I take Ambien to help with sleep, but last night I had horrible nightmares too. One of them I was driving a tractor home (who knows why) and i couldn't get it to stop so I had to literally stand on the brake with both feet. I woke in a heavy sweat and was actually hurting as I was in the dream, straining to make the tractor stop. It was awful. When I got up this morning and went for my morning meds, my Ambien was still there from last night. I forgot to take it..... Today I've taken it easy because my "trip" left me hurting. LoL

Christy, I think I saw some shock collars on sale. Should I pick up a couple for you??
Lynn~
Sale or no sale on the shock collars, I think it would be worth it the minute I hear their door open!!! They live 30 feet from me, so make sure the range is good and strong. LoL!
BTW... DH to me means... Dorky Husband. HeHe!!!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humming Bird
I have a question. It seems lots of people are having wild dreams or nightmares. I'm having them too. Is this common after surgery or drugs that we take? Anyone know why? They seem so real and intense!
I have no clue where my bad dreams are coming from since I am not taking anything for pain or sleep. But after running from my nightmare every night my legs are so cramped up and weak. I think it is time to talk to the Dr. and see what can be done. And/or why I am having nightmares.
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:13 AM

Hi Everyone

Today is the start of week 3 for me and like everyone else, I seem to be having a few aches and pains but nothing I can't handle and I won't be getting back on the painkillers - I dropped them on day 3 after the op. They seemed to give me bad dreams and make me see things. I scared the life out of DH when I went to the loo in the middle of the night on the day I returned home and screamed because I thought I saw a man looking at me - turned out it was my dressing gown that was terrorising me!

A very large spider that decided to keep me company also had the same effect but that was real (I knew September was a bad time to have the op - now DH has gone back to work, I've no one to save me from them! My usual way of dealing with them involves a vacuum cleaner, a spade, and a can of shoe polish (sorry I have a really bad phobia!) and of course, I can't use a vacuum at the moment so I'm on high alert.

Boredom is a big problem - I'm worried I will get to like day time tv and I've already knitted two scarves and read several books. Light housework was an option for a while but what's the point in doing light dusting when it only adds to what's on the floor??

Thinking I might have a short drive today before I forget how to do it.

Wishing everyone else a speedy recovery.
Love
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:41 AM

Hi everyone
Three weeks post op. I went for my first real walk yesterday to the library and around town. Had to walk slow or stomach hurt still feels like I have something heavy strapped to my front. Had a few sharp twinges.
Taking it easy. Bright and sunny here today May try another short walk. Hurts when I stand still though, makes my legs feel wobbly.
Have a good day!
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

It's 3 weeks and a few days post op. I went for my first walk after hitting the wall last week with all the bleeding and clots. The bleeding has slow way down so I thought a walk would be good. It sure felt good. Being cooped up in a house was getting to me.

My headaches and night sweat were getting to me so I phoned the dr. office and they changed my perscription of premarin to Enjuvia. They said it was plant based and more natural. Has anyone heard of this type of estrogen or have taking it? I'm taking .625mg. I was only taking .3mg of premarin. I hope it's not too strong. I just took the 1st tablet this morning. I guess I'll find out.

My DH is going out of town this weekend for a week. I hope I'm up to taking care of things. I have no family in town and fairly new to the area. Hopefully it will all work out okay.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a good day.

Blessings,
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humming Bird
Hi Everyone,

It's 3 weeks and a few days post op. I went for my first walk after hitting the wall last week with all the bleeding and clots. The bleeding has slow way down so I thought a walk would be good. It sure felt good. Being cooped up in a house was getting to me.

My headaches and night sweat were getting to me so I phoned the dr. office and they changed my perscription of premarin to Enjuvia. They said it was plant based and more natural. Has anyone heard of this type of estrogen or have taking it? I'm taking .625mg. I was only taking .3mg of premarin. I hope it's not too strong. I just took the 1st tablet this morning. I guess I'll find out.

My DH is going out of town this weekend for a week. I hope I'm up to taking care of things. I have no family in town and fairly new to the area. Hopefully it will all work out okay.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a good day.

Blessings,
Just remember to keep pampering yourself. Yesterday was the first day I attempted laundry and as long as I did it one article at a time and took my time I found that it was not too bad. My DS's helped me with dishes and general cleaning of the house. My oldest DS made dinner even though he just called for a pizza and salad, it was still better then standing infront of the stove making a meal that I would have to clean up later.
Oh.... did you know that paper plates are the bestest invention for ladies who have had a hysterectomy.... lol.
I do hope the new meds help with the nightmare problem you are having. My "evil white rabbit" didn't show up in my dreams last night, but my kids were walking talking Picasso's. (Very wierd!!!) As for the spiders... carry bug spray with you or have it near you at all time and hope that it reaches at least 10 feet. I hate spiders too and I live in a 100 year old house on a farm and I think the spiders know I am vunerable.
Just remember "Pamper the Princess" and take care of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register