Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I don't know if anyone else might have this problem, but does EVERYTHING you eat make you feel naushous? I am tryng smaller portions but it still happens. I had H-pylori about a year ago and am wondering if it is back? I don't go back to Dr until 16th so hopefully can wait until then and ask her about it. I bet she sends me to a gastrointerologist? Anyone have any thoughts?
5 weeks today and I feel better but still get really tired. Don't sleep unless I take ambien and am so tired of being drugged. Did some ironing today, taking small "resting" periods. Can't wait to feel good and not fell yuky!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm so glad to hear everyone is making progress. I think today is the first day I haven't felt bad. Except for an ache here and there I would swear today that I didn't have surgery. It will be 4 weeks for me on Friday. I am so glad we are all starting to feel better. I sympathize with the urinary tract infections. I had one as well and took a round of Macrobid. It didn't make me sick, thank goodness, and zinobiadancer I am so sorry you felt bad. I sure hope you are doing better. Let's all rememeber to be good to ourselves, and all of you have a wonderful evening.
Gayle
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypens
Hi all! I have felt like normal for about 3 days now, but darned if I didn't pull something yesterday! I woke up this morning and couldn't even pull my pants up without enormous pain! So I'm thinking I overdid it somehow yesterday....hmmm....can't think of how, though.

It's finally fall here in Michigan, and I am so glad to say goodbye to 80 degree temps!

I felt a little PMSy the other day, and was wondering if any of you who kept one ovary felt the same? I know our hormones are supposed to still be working...but I didn't expect to have cravings.

Hugs to all!

Hi Jenny,
I'm 4 weeks and three days out from TAH, and I kept one ovary. For the past seven days, I have been having extreme menopausal symptoms, hot flashes, night sweats, very moody, tearful, etc. I see my surgeon tomorrow for the first time after getting out of the hospital. I'm almost certain he will prescribe Vivelle dot patch (bio-identical estrogen) because we discussed this during the preop. I was using Progresterone cream pre-surgery and it helped my symptoms, so I will ask the doc if I should try that before going on the patch. This stuff is so confusing! I know we need three hormones to keep us feeling balanced: progesterone, estrogen and testosterone. My libido is gone, but then again I'm not in a relationship so who knows. And who wants to be that physical when they are still experiencing aches and pains.

Take good care everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Hey workerwoman,
I have gone though a time of feeling gross when I eat. I don't know what the cause is. I have tried to stay pretty bland, mostly because I still can't poo without some type of assistance, be it stool softeners, suppositories, etc. Sorry if that's TMI, but that is one of the reasons I love you girls. We can be ourselves here. I take Ambien every night. Have for 5 years. Yeah, I know, too long, but I can't sleep without it. I think that that is one thing we have to have, especially since our surgery, is sleep. Our bodies have to heal. I'm sorry things aren't really great for you yet, but you are in my thoughts and I will certainly say a prayer for you.
Gayle
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workerwoman
I don't know if anyone else might have this problem, but does EVERYTHING you eat make you feel naushous? I am tryng smaller portions but it still happens. I had H-pylori about a year ago and am wondering if it is back? I don't go back to Dr until 16th so hopefully can wait until then and ask her about it. I bet she sends me to a gastrointerologist? Anyone have any thoughts?
5 weeks today and I feel better but still get really tired. Don't sleep unless I take ambien and am so tired of being drugged. Did some ironing today, taking small "resting" periods. Can't wait to feel good and not fell yuky!!!
Workerwoman, I don't get naucious if I get something, but my problem is getting an appetite to eat anything at all. My friend brought over some spaghetti sauce last night and I had some of that for breakfast this morning At least I ate something. It's too bad that we have to have so many symptoms after surgery. I still have faith that all of us will feel better than we did pre-surgery with just a bit more time.
Unread 10-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Hi Jennifer
Before my op I went to our local library, to see what books they had and found the book "Sudden Menopause" by Debbie Deangelo, I found it a very interesting book and really answers lots of questions.
All the best!
Unread 10-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Hi Lisa / Lynn and everyone
4 weeks today!!! I hadn't even given it a thought until I read your message about periods due I too had my last period a week before my op, but it was difficult to really know as I had been bleeding continuously for over a year Just a little daily discharge since op but after 38 years no more P... yeah!!!!!!
Lisa I like your description of bad sunburn that describes it exactly, from my belly button to incision it feels numb, like I have strong sticking tape, that pulls. I have to be very careful when I sneeze, it kills my right side, I find that is the most tender like a red hot needle.
Sorry to hear you sisters who are struggling - just remember this too will pass and healing can't be rushed.
Take care and hugs too all
Unread 10-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsister
Hi Lisa / Lynn and everyone
4 weeks today!!! I hadn't even given it a thought until I read your message about periods due I too had my last period a week before my op, but it was difficult to really know as I had been bleeding continuously for over a year Just a little daily discharge since op but after 38 years no more P... yeah!!!!!!
Lisa I like your description of bad sunburn that describes it exactly, from my belly button to incision it feels numb, like I have strong sticking tape, that pulls. I have to be very careful when I sneeze, it kills my right side, I find that is the most tender like a red hot needle.
Sorry to hear you sisters who are struggling - just remember this too will pass and healing can't be rushed.
Take care and hugs too all
Beverly,

4 weeks today for me too. I have that sunburn, numbness as well. My Dr said the numbness is very normal and can last up to several months. I guess numbness is better than pain. I go see Dr tomorrow for post op visit. I think I may have a bladder infection going on as well. Hard to tell...I was having similar symptoms before my surgery because of pressure from fibroids.

Amen to no period!! I have 2 teenager daughters and told them I will no longer be sharing their feminine products - they just groaned!

Feeling better each day but am definitely more emotional...I upped my antidepressant dosage and that seems to be helping a little.

Dr wants me to wait for decision on HRT so we will see....

Glad to hear everyone's coming along...this site is such a blessing...I would have driven the nurses and Dr crazy if I hadnt found Hystersisters.

For those struggling, hang in there...We are all here for you

Take care, and be good to yourself!

Sue
Unread 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Beverly,

I am glad the book will be informative. I don't know why I didn't think to try the library! I could have saved some money. Where is my head?
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your set back. I hope you are feeling much better and are able to enjoy your trip. You still have over 2 weeks to do some healing. I think you will be fine. Drink cranberry juice every day until then. LOL

Thanks Jennifer! I will get some cranberry juice tomorrow!!!

I know I have 2 weeks, but I just keep hearing the clock ticking away and I'm so exhausted. Naps have helped though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register