Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Had my checkup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediamondlady
I not sure if it is a problem -- or if I just did something wrong --

After spending all day Saturday and Sunday with husband in a tow truck -- I was a little swollen in the tummy area. No biggie -- so I thought --

but Sunday night i bent over to tie my shoe and felt a tight pinching on the left side -- :burning: it still smarts does not seem to be getting any better.

I have my 6 week follow up on thursday -- so figured would ask then any ideas what I might have done -- or how I can make it better? Thanks
I had the same issue, a sharp pain on my left side when I bend or twist in the wrong way, and I was so worried it was an adhesion...turns out my doc said it was just a stitch that had gotten hung up on a muscle. She said that because the pain wasn't persistent, because it was very localized, and because neither of us could feel or see a bump on the outside of my tummy that it wasn't a hernia.

I needless to say was so relieved!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Pagan,

The same thing happened to me at the doc. I was with her for about 10 min and we discussed hormones. She didn't do a pelvic exam either only a quick look at my tummy. She didn't say anything about sex, lifting, really nothing, except changing my dosage of hormones. I do see her again next week because I'm sort of a mess in the hormone dept. I had bleeding after sex so I think I better make a point to have her check me. The hormones must be helping with crying thing. I usually cry a lot when sad things come on but haven't had that problem this time around.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm up at 4am that's late for me today. Yesterday it was 3am. The sleeping thing is a problem but I went to bed early and took my sleep meds. 5 or 6 hrs sleep gets me through the day.
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Pagan,
I would get in to see another ob/gyn. If you were not examined, this is not acceptable. Of course you have questions. My doctor carefully examined my incision and said it is healed. I would also report that doctor. Please, if you can, go see another doc and have him/her do a pelvic exam and get all of your questions answered. I hope this is possible for you. I wouldn't trust that doctor as far as I could throw him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks Recovery and Humming Bird

To cap it all, before cutting off the stitch he tried to pull it out first and I'm now left with a sore spot at the top of the scar. It is difficult in England with the doctors - you usually belong to a surgery with a pool of them and you get to see whoever is available - that's the National Health Service for you. My best bet would probably to have seen a woman doctor but none were on today. I think I'll find out more from this site quite honestly.

Thanks again. A big to you.
Unread 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan

To cap it all, before cutting off the stitch he tried to pull it out first and I'm now left with a sore spot at the top of the scar. It is difficult in England with the doctors - you usually belong to a surgery with a pool of them and you get to see whoever is available - that's the National Health Service for you. My best bet would probably to have seen a woman doctor but none were on today. I think I'll find out more from this site quite honestly.

Pagan,

I live in England and Scotland for about 5 years. I did the national health care too in both places. I know exactly what your talking about. You are at their mercy sometimes. On a positive note I had my graves disease (hyperthyroidism) diagonised there and they put medication for a year and half. It's in remission and function normally at the moment. If I was in the US they would killed my thyroid off and put me on replacement therapy. I'm thankful for the time being to not be taking one more pill. Althought now I have to watch to see if my thyroid will go out of whack. It seems like people have thyroid problems after this surgery. I hope you get the needed health care you deserve. Kathy
Unread 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan

Hi Pagan,

I know what you mean about the fishing line at the top of the scar I also had a knot that was not dissolving but It annoyed me so much that I kept scratching at it and it broke off last week - much better without it!! Did you not have to go back and see your consultant at the hospital after 6 weeks for a check up? I have been sent an appointment for next week which will actually be 7 weeks since surgery but as I am away for a week I have had to delay it for another week. Which consultant did you have?
The after care in USA seems much better than we receive here. I have not had any medication since leaving hospital.
Have you started the exercises that were in the hospital booklet or haven't you bothered it did not seem to indicate at what stage they should be started, I still feel too sore to start.
Unread 10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Surgery after the menopause

Is there any one else on this forum that was actually post menopausal when they had their hysterectomy. From what I have read none of you seem to have been through the menopause before surgery.

I had a menstrual period after a thirteen month gap which is why investigations were started over a year ago. First of all they discovered an ovarian cyst and a slightly thickened womb lining, over the next year it got much thicker and after a biopsy and a polypectomy they discovered cancer.

Prior to the surgery I was having dreadful hot flushes constantly day and night. I am assuming that now I have had my ovaries removed that this will no longer be a problem but it is something I will need to check for sure with the consultant.

A month prior to the hysterectomy I had a tension free tape inserted as I had a cystocele type prolapse which was causing me a lot of discomfort and incontinence. The tape op worked well and the incontinence problem was solved. However since the hysterectomy I now seem to have the incontinence problem back again. I have to go frequently during the day and twice at night even though I am only in bed 6-7 hours. I am not sure if it is just weak pelvic floor muscles since the hysterectomy which I may be able to strengthen with exercise or whether the tape op has been affected by the surgery, they did say it could affect it. I can't still have the prolapse as there is no womb there!!!

I was seeing two different consultants and I think had the consultant dealing with the hysterectomy seen me earlier I would not have had the tape operation first but it is done now.

I would like to speak to anyone else who has had the tape op or was post menopausal before hysterectomy.

I will have a lot of questions to ask my consultant in a couple of weeks time and hope I get some answers that reassure me.

Sorry to ramble on. to everyone - hope you all feel a step nearer to full recovery as each day passes.
Unread 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM

Had six week doctor visit today. I started back to work a couple of weeks ago, since I work part time making copies in my kids school. I still come home at noon and take a nap. Dr gave me the green light on sex. Might try that out tomorrow night after a massage, dinner, and a few drinks. He did give me a muscle relaxer because my back is so tight, and one side of my sling is not healed up completely, so I will be using the estrogen cream for a couple of more weeks. He said that all my other stiches were gone. I am also allowed to clog now!!! I will try a little at practice tonight and see how long I can hold out.
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Libido is gone, any suggestions?

I don't really like getting this up front and personal about things, but it's really important to me and I am wondering how many of you have lost their libido entirely? I have a BF and he is waiting patiently because I still have some inside aches and pains and also no sexual desire whatsoever. My doc prescribed Estradiol, but I'm only four days into it. I called an herbal store, and I went and bought some Emu oil and Steel-Libido. I only took only capsule fo the Steel-Libido tonight and it calls for two per day and 4 caps two hours before sexual activity. It's supposed to be all natural and I want to try just about anything at this point. The Emu oil is supposed to be also good for just about everything from healing scars (just rub it on your incision) to hair loss and you name it (muscle aches, etc). It's pure so I know it won't hurt.

I just want to please my partner. His libido has skyrocketed since we met and yet we have not done it even once. I just want some advice on what can get me going again, feeling those sensual sensations, any ideas?

Thanks again! and HUGS!
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypens
I had the same issue, a sharp pain on my left side when I bend or twist in the wrong way, and I was so worried it was an adhesion...turns out my doc said it was just a stitch that had gotten hung up on a muscle. She said that because the pain wasn't persistent, because it was very localized, and because neither of us could feel or see a bump on the outside of my tummy that it wasn't a hernia.

I needless to say was so relieved!
The same thing happened to me about 2 wks ago I went 4 my 6 wk check up more closer to 7 wks and he pulled the knotted stiches out said because i am so thin my body did not want to disolve them i feel GREAT now i am feeling about 88% back to normal so good luck !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register