What are you doing to pass the time until your turn comes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you doing to pass the time until your turn comes? What are you doing to pass the time until your turn comes?

Unread 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
What are you doing to pass the time until your turn comes?

I have 3 weeks to go and I am nervous. I just want to keep busy and not think too much. I am working on a project right now; I am knitting blocks in a basket weave design, then stitching them together in a knitted patchwork quilt. I am adding one or two blocks each day, sewing as I go. We have a king size bed and I know I won't be able to do the whole thing before I go to the Castle but it is already almost twin size. I thought maybe the blocks would be a good and easy thing to work on later if I can't do much, a row or two at a time when I feel like it.
I keep coming to this site everyday to see what everyone is doing and feeling and to make myself know that I am somewhat normal. I can't get into scrubbing the whole house down anymore than I usually do. I feel like it is something that always needs to be done anyway and it doesn't make me feel like I'm accomplishing anything great. I like to have a project that I can actually finish.
What are you girls doing while you wait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 03:42 PM

Waiting is the worst part....I'm sure almost everyone will tell you this. Trying not to worry about it will make you worry more. Just try to keep good company around you...the one's that won't mind you laughing and crying all in the same conversation. Plus we are all here for you!
Unread 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM

I am cleaning and stocking the house. But I am a bit of a clean freak anyway *lol*!

Today has been arough day for me. I go to the castle on the 2nd so te wait is long for me too...

That quilt sounds lovely! I wish I could do something like that! I bought some yard to knit some wool pants for my ds but I don't know where to begin!

GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM

I feel the same way! Mine isn't scheduled until Oct 8th. 4 weeks seems like forever when you're waiting. I'm keeping busy working, cleaning the house (especially all the stuff that won't get done afterwards), and cooking some meals for the family that they can just take out of the freezer so the hubby doesn't get too overwhelmed with the whole "Mr. Mom" thing. I just want this over with.

I wish I had the patience to make a quilt! Sounds fabulous!

Kim
Unread 09-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Hi slipperlady,
I'm on the first, too. Tentatively at 8AM for which I'm very thankful!

I'm cleaning my house - and it'll probably take me until the first of October.

I've finished knitting a cardigan sweater and I have to sew it together. Plus I have two pairs of socks I need to finish. I'm always knitting.

I think I'm getting more nervous every day. I almost wish it were tomorrow.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM

When I scheduled my surgery last month Sept 17 seemed so far away. Now it is only a week. I have a feeling the last days are going to fly by. What am I doing? Took HysterSister's advice and I've been shopping for a nightgown to wear at the hospital. Is it just me? I can't find anything I like! Perhaps it's nerves. Or maybe pink PJs with hearts really are not my style! heehee.

I have to work Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (24 hour shifts on the ambulance). So Wednesday I am starting the day at the gym, getting my oil changed, shopping again for hosp PJs then meeting my ladies' motorcycle group for a ride and dinner.

Friday I get to clean the house before my mom and sister come on Saturday (from out of town), do laundry, clean the bathrooms and grocery shop - DH will be helping with this.

Sunday I'm going running for the last time for a while and mow the lawn (strangely I love mowing - I love my lawn - probably because all my flowers die!), then I plan to pack my hospital bag and stick close to the house as I "enjoy" my mag citrate bowel prep. Haven't planned much past that as I don't know how committed to the potty I will be. Oh yeah, I also have my friend Valium who will make the day a bit more tolerable for me, my hubby, my mom and sis.

Good luck to all! Love ~ jen : )
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm scheduled for Oct. 8. I'll do a bit of cleaning closer to my date...I'm not that much of a clean freak..lol. Right now I'm doing as much of my heavy fall yard work as I can. Digging in my garden, planting some perennials for butterflies, starting seeds of some plants so that I can get them in the ground later in the fall or early winter...once I'm released of course. Taking day trips with DH to state natural areas and National Wildlife Refuges to photograph butterflies. Nights I read the tips and posts here and make lists...then revise the lists. I also wish I could knit, it seems relaxing and would give me something practical to do with my hands while I'm recovering.
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:45 PM

mine is scheduled for the 21st. lordy i so wish it was a month from now. so today i changed out most of my summer clothes and bought up the long sleeve stuff. sweaters can wait until later..... i'm in a house of all GUYS nothing is going to get done until i'm back on my feet. i guess i can't stress about that. i can clean all i want and the next day you would have never have known it was done....lol
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Oh I love to knit too. I am working on baby booties for my first grandbaby that's due in November. I am scheduled to have my hysterectomy this Friday, the 14th. The waiting is the hardest part. Yet all I seem to do is research the subject online constantly. I will surely be glad when this is all over.
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Waiting and cleaning

My surgery is scheduled for September 20, 2007. I have been trying to keep busy and make sure that the house is clean and laundry is done. Although, I would rather not think about the surgery until the day of, my close friends and family can't seem to stop asking me how I am feeling. I know it is love and concern, but it is making me alittle more anxious each day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register