Two weeks post op and going nuts! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post op and going nuts! Two weeks post op and going nuts!

Unread 09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Two weeks post op and going nuts!

Hey everyone. I had a LAVH on August 29th. My Dh has been home since and I have a 2 year old and 5 year old. My problem is I AM GOING NUTS LOL...

He is trying ( I think) but my house looks awful he may pick things up but they are all in the wrong spot and its sooooo dirty I cant stand it I can just see the dust on furniture and dirt on my kitchen floor. When I try to ask him to do these things he just gets mad and says sorry I cant do anything good enough maybe I shoulve just gone back to work. Which is so NOT what I meant. He has spent most the time sitting on the couch watching TV while the kids play on the floor and that irritates me I NEVER do that (well cept now lol) but I just had major surgery. My sisterinlaw called today and she asked how it was going and she knows me pretty good so I told her all this I said Im keeping my bedroom up and she said well at least you have your sanctuary but then to leave that room just makes you wanna cry huh and I said well yeah and she said thats not fair either....but what do I do...

Sorry to ramble I am so emotional today and looking at the dirt knowing its gonna quadruple in the next four weeks. What can I safely do and how do I know if it's to much. RIght now I just moved around to pick up my own room from all the kids toys coming in there and starting spotting red blood (which is a first its always been pink).

I know I should just lay there and not think about it but its so hard I m used to doing everything and my house never looks like this, i mean its not immaculate by any means I have two kids but its not so dirty I secretly clean the bathroom when Im in there not hard clean but just with clorox wipes cause it grosses me out. My husband must think there's a bathroom cleaning fairy lol

Well now that I've vented thank you all for listening and helping me get thru htis I dont know what id do without all of you and your stories to bring me comfort

Mandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM

I know it's hard when you're used to having things one way and now suddenly things are different and you can't change them. I know it's hard to turn a blind eye to the dust and other fluffy things on the floor but that's just what you have to do for awhile.
If you're spotting you're probably doing too much.
Unread 09-15-2007, 04:57 PM

Thank you for that. THats what I thougt I just really needed to vent. My best friend is hard to talk to about this all she says your so lucky no more periods you can just lay around. I just said its not all roses ya know its hard.

Ive been taking it easy now and just reading and doing some computer stuff I had my DH push my recliner up to the computer so Im nice and comfy crazy i know lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 05:34 PM

I hired a young girl to come and clean. She came once a week and helped with laundry, mopped the floors, vacuumed and stuff. It was WONDERFUL. So once a week things were done thoroughly - the rest of the week..... oh well, things weren't perfect but I did not care since I knew at least it would be nice and clean once a week. It was SO worth the money. I did not want to spend my recovery nagging my family and feeling upset. Best decision I made in planning my recovery time.

Helti
TAH-kept ovaries
Unread 09-15-2007, 05:57 PM

I know it is very hard to keep from cleaning but please do. It will make your recovery time be that much longer and you don't want to risk injuring anything on the inside. My LSH was Aug 21st and I was thrilled to feel so fantastic. I never had any spotting at all after surgery which was great. I decided to go to work week 3. I was tired of feeling like I was on house arrest. I went to work Wed - Fri and I have a desk job and use the copy machine minimally. I woke this morning spotting bright red blood. I thought I was fine. I called the doc and I have to remain home all weekend and go the doc on Monday and he will probably have me on house arrest again. Even when you think you're ok, you still have to be very careful. I never did any lifting and started bleeding anyway. That's a clear sign of overdoing it. Definitely listen to your body. I now need to buy a couple of pairs of flat shoes b/c it was very silly for me to go back to work with high heels. That's how good I have been feeling. I have been off pain meds for two weeks but I clearly have a lot more healing to do.
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM

I hear ya sister! LOL My LAVH was the day before yours (August 28), and the state of my house is driving me crazy!! I have a male roommate, and he has been great. But.. his idea and my idea of "clean" are definitely different. It's never been a problem before, I"m used to picking up and cleaning up along the way. But now with all of this free time I now have... I notice every speck and dust bunny.

I told him I would hire maid service once a week for a few weeks, but I think that hurt his feelings. He insisted that he can do anything I need done. I think I will hire one anyway - as soon as I can think of a list to give roommate so that he feels useful. I don't want him to think I don't appreciate all he is doing, because I definitely DO!!

I definitely learned my lesson doing too much too soon. My body is pretty good at reminding me when to slow down... and I'm a total wimp when it comes to pain... so there is no fear of me taking up the full house cleaning duties any time too soon. Still drives me nuts though!
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM

I know how you feel. It's been 3 weeks for me and I'm trying to keep busy from 8:00am - 3:00 just like a regular work day so I can start getting prepared for the rigours of work. It's really hard to get up early and keep from napping at noon but today I did it.

I make a to-do list before I go to bed so I wont wake up in the morning feeling 'purposeless' (is that a word?). Also, when I get up, I pull myself together like I normally would (shower, hair, outfit), fix some form of breakfast and try to hit the to-do list without letting Oprah or The View sidetrack me. lol
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Today was my first day alone. I moved more then usual. My mom was here (thankfully) cause by the time she got here I was spotting and now I look like im five months pregnant (serious swelly belly)!!!

My dear sister in law made three crockpot meals and has merry maids coming to my house friday to clean carpets and everything is that a god send!!!!!! Without that I know I would over do it I cant stand this dirty house. But Im terrifeid of the consequences too.

Im getting bored laying around I cant nap anymore cause I dont do anything to get tired enough. Doing anything exhausts me. I guess we gotta win the battles before we can win the war!
Unread 09-17-2007, 04:31 PM

I am pretty lucky, I guess. My place is small (a studio, 540 sq. ft. total) so there isn't much to do. I can comfortably tidy in about 5 minutes and for now the DBF is doing the dishes and laundry and the strenuous stuff. I'm at 1 week today, and if it wasn't for the internet I'd be going out of my mind! I was able to work with the IT guy at work to get my computer set up to work remotely from home and I have been doing that a few hours a fay the last few days. So I can maintain some semblance of a paycheck, not go completely crazy, and make sure that the stack of work won't be quite as high when I am able to go back to work.

Please, everyone, take care of yourselves!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register