Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Just had my two weeks phone consult (Day 18 post op). My surgeon is 3.5 hours away, but I SO wish he were here! Found out I had adeno and endo (not a great deal, but enough to cause the horrible pain). My only problem has been headaches. He and I both believe it's from the Enjuvia, so we're going to try Vivelle Dot. I have my fingers crossed. He is so awesome, though. Instead of -- "well, you're body's going through changes ...", he's like, "oh no, we can't have those headaches -- we need to change something!" He wants me to call if this doesn't work! (Man, if the doctors around here were that great, but I'm still looking...)
I told him I was sitting outside Curves, trying to decide if I should go in. He said, "you'd better get in there, girl!" I guess that means no more using the surgery as an excuse!! Darn...
I've been very blessed with this surgery. I appreciate all the support on this board (which I will continue to use for HRT advice)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Dry Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillynn
Georgia, I've lost weight too. I was beginning to wonder if it was odd since it seems so many are gaining. I've lost 23 lbs since my pre-op appointment! I can stand to lose a lot more though....
Jen, wow, sounds like you had a great day today! I will be able to drive on Friday finally. Ironically, we bought a new vehicle yesterday and I havent' even had the chance to drive it yet!

Well, after yesterday's busy day I took it easier today. Dh finally got up and did some cleaning. I helped straighten up a bit and cleaned off my desk. But other than that I've been relaxing in the recliner.

Is anyone else having problems with extremely dry skin? I normally have fairly oily skin and haven't ever had issues with dry skin except for occasionally having dry elbows in winter. My skin now is so dry though that its flaking off in places. I kept my ovaries so I'm thinking it shouldn't be hormonal...maybe surgery/anesthesia related?
I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME--MY SKIN IS ALWAYS SOFT--NOW IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE MY SKIN AT ALL--I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO START USING LOTION--BEST OF LUCK--GEORGIA
Unread 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM

Never thought I'd say I miss the gym!!!! I actually miss running more than anything. Was told at post op appoinment that I cannot do the gym NOR running until 6 weeks post op!!! Is he ultra conservative. In the meantime I just walked about 2 to 3 miles per day, pace is increasing and look longingly at the joggers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klgm
Just had my two weeks phone consult (Day 18 post op). My surgeon is 3.5 hours away, but I SO wish he were here! Found out I had adeno and endo (not a great deal, but enough to cause the horrible pain). My only problem has been headaches. He and I both believe it's from the Enjuvia, so we're going to try Vivelle Dot. I have my fingers crossed. He is so awesome, though. Instead of -- "well, you're body's going through changes ...", he's like, "oh no, we can't have those headaches -- we need to change something!" He wants me to call if this doesn't work! (Man, if the doctors around here were that great, but I'm still looking...)
I told him I was sitting outside Curves, trying to decide if I should go in. He said, "you'd better get in there, girl!" I guess that means no more using the surgery as an excuse!! Darn...
I've been very blessed with this surgery. I appreciate all the support on this board (which I will continue to use for HRT advice)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM

My surgery (LSH) is apparently much easier on the body. I hate that you're having to wait. I have missed exercise as well, but have walked quite a bit. I need to get back at it, though. Now that the appetite is back, that little bit I lost those first few days has crept back -- ugh.. It's always something
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:09 AM

I feel your pain! I'm missing the running too! I figure I have at least 3 more weeks to go. I've been walking 2-3 miles a day since the 3rd day post op and feel pretty good. Got on the stationary bike for the first time 3 days ago and it was fine - only did gentle hills though. Going back to the gym now - going to try BodyPump - 1 hr weight lifting class. : )
Unread 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM

BodyPump went very well. The only exercises that caused any abnormal sensations were squats and lunges. I did the abdominal section very gently. Was a little lightheaded afterwards but felt much better after lunch and a one hour nap. Can't wait for class again on Friday!
Unread 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM

I spoke with my dr. yesterday about the 'hot flashes' I experienced for 2 days last week and she said that could also be the anesthetic and percocet wearing off (side effects: hot flashes, shakes, etc.) I was glad to hear it wasn't menopausal since I kept my ovaries. I have been off ibuprofen as well for 3 days now and feel great. Tomorrow I am going to my 3 week post op (was supposed to be at 4 weeks but my doc will be away next week).
Unread 10-09-2007, 04:35 PM

may13- we had our LAVH the same day. Are you feeling pretty good? I am. I am going back to work day after tomorrow. How long will you be off? I'm not sure that I am ready but....... I guess that I have to be.

Good luck with your post op.
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:26 PM

Had a vaginal hyst on Sept 24...kept my ovaries. Just today (just a day past 2 wks) I have having some red bleeding. NOt too much but I haven't had any until now. REad somewhere that at around 3 wks the stitches start coming out. Wonder if that is it. Hope I haven't ripped anything. I don't think I have been doing very much. No heavy lifting or anything. Will call doc tomorrow. Maybe this is part of the process. Any ideas?
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:33 PM

I was told that you can have bleeding for about one month. Not heavy but a light period. I had it for a first few days after surgery. It stopped and then started again one week after for about 2 days. That was the last time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register