Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
TVH on the 18th

Wow! Today was great. I got up and felt like a normal person. I went for a mile long walk with my golden retreiver. She was very excited. I took a shower and rested. No pain therefore no pain pills. At 2:00 my DH drove me to school for a meeting. It was a movie on bloodborne pathogens. I did not want to have to make it up later, though my principal said I could. I felt fine til the end of the movie. Then a wave of exhaustion came over me. I was glad my DH was waiting for me in the car. He took me home and I went to bed. It is now 5 hours later and I feel fine. Still no pain. I am going to continue drinking a lot of water and resting as much as possible. This seems to help with BM's and pain control. I will probably continue taking short walks of 1 mile or less too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

boy have i missed being online!! had my TAH with vaginal lift on 9/19, came home this morning !! went into surgery around 11am and out by 1pm where i woke in recovery, no room available till about 6pm. realized morphine pump was not that good as it made me sick to my stomach...iv toradol, dilaudid, and reglan helped!! yesterday was worst day but was up out of bed, walking around nurses station and eating....have lots of gas still and would love to have a BM!!! but nothing seems to be helping me in that department!!! incision is small about 4-5 inches bikini line closed with durabond....looks good!! doc said my abdominal muscles were really strong and actually i think that is where my pain is coming from now! but it is so good to be home and in my own bed!! hope each day gets better and better....have about a six pound weight gain from morning of surgery...hope is still fluid and gas!!! am feeling better than i thought i would be!! hope everyone else is doing goodl!!!
Unread 09-22-2007, 05:19 AM

Hi All,
Surgery on Monday 17th, home today Saturday 22nd. Doc said surgery went well. Catheter (Sp?) was removed Tuesday morning. Had fever on Tuesday night, they even paged my Doc at 1am in the morning!!! Still have a bit of a fever, but not too bad. Had IV removed on Friday morning...Yippee...thought I was going to have to start taking IV (Nicknamed "Fred") with me home!!! LOL!! Passing wind occurred on Wednesday after...who would have thought that I'd be excited to pass wind??? Need help with BM, but finally occurred Thursday afternoon Thank goodness. Still am feeling not that good, even though I'm walking around like a little lost sheep, and drinking that much water, I might just drink the country dry!!! (Not that we have that much water left here anyway!)
Glad to be home. Good luck to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 06:32 AM
LSH yesterday

Hi everybody,
I feel very blessed that I am here feeling so good less than 24 hours after surgery. For the past two months, I have experienced daily cramping (like a first day period). I just couldn't find a doctor who seemed to help. So, through much research, I found a doctor in Atlanta who does the LSH. He was very communicative and I felt I could trust him. So, my husband and I came down on Wednesday morning, had my exam and diagnostics and went to surgery on Friday morning. I went in feeling terrible -- headache, nausea from the magnesium citrate and very very tired. However, several hours later, I awoke sans uterus, tubes and ovaries and no headache! From start to finish, we were at the outpatient clinic for 7 hours. I slept three hours instead of the 1 the doc predicted, and it took me almost 3 hours to urinate -- ugh.
My only problems have been the gas, of course and a very tender bladder/urethra. I constantly have the urge to go, and apparently can't fully empty. But I am drinking water and walking constantly. We will go home tomorrow, and I don't think I'll have any problems. We've already been out twice (once on the way home from the center, we stopped to get my husband a sandwich) and later last night to get my hormones filled. I just walk slowly
I wish all of you the good luck that I have had so far. This was the right decision and I'm so glad I made the decision to see this doctor. Truly amazing.
Thanks for listening.
Unread 09-22-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey everyone,

Had my LSH yesterday at 7:30am. Went alittle longer than expected, about four hours. Apparently I had adhesions and scar tissue everywhere that he had to cut away. He said my uterus was fused to my large intestine, by a "stump" about 1" wide, and he's never seen anything like that. Anyway, everything went very well, and I was home by 11:00am this morning. Had a low grade fever this morning, but doc thinks it may just be a uti, becuase there are no signs of infection around my three little holes or my belly button. Not alot of pain. Alot of pressure and soreness, lots of bruising.

I am going to lie down now for a rest, and then take another walk, as that seems to help the pressure.

Unread 09-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Feeling better every day

I had my LAVH on Sept. 18th. I was pretty scared. Especially saying goodbye to my husband and walking into the operating room. I don't remember a thing after laying down on the table and putting my arms on the arm things. I have never been in so much pain when I came to but I really don't remember it much now.

I am getting up and down better now but I always have a sorness in my internal organs that doesn't seem to go away. It hurts especially when I stand up and start walking. It hurts for a short time when I sit down. I guess it is from moving all the organs around to get to everything.

I have my first Doctor appointment on Monday morning. I am looking forward to talking with her since I haven't seen her since right before my surgery.
Unread 09-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Hooray,

I am home from the castle. My TAH went off as palnned on Sept. 20. I was released this afternoon at 2:30pm. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, even if I don't have the nice little buttons that make the bed go up and down. Not being awakened every 4-6 hrs will be wonderful. I am going to get some rest. I will post again tomorrow, after my first night home.

Blessed41
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
TVH, TVT, hernia repair 9-17-07

Hi! This is my first post, but I've lurked on this board for awhile while preparing for my TVH. I have TVH, TVT, and a hernia repair on Monday 9-17-07. I have to say, I've felt great! When I woke up in recovery, I was alert right away and honestly was wondering if they actually did it because my pain was so mild. I had very mild cramping type pain. I had never had general anesthesia before, and I expected to be groggy and nauseated but I had neither. Surgery was around 7:45 and I was back in my room by 12:30. I ate a full meal at 2:30 and really felt great. Cath was removed early the next morning and I was able to urinate right away. I went home early the next afternoon.

I had great care at the hospital and my DH has taken good care of me at home. My greatest challenge is not over doing it since I feel so good. I am taking pain medicine as prescribed, but probably could do with just ibuprofin. I have minor achiness and some pulling type pain. I have not had any drainage at all, but expect some over the next few days as stitches dissolve.
Unread 09-22-2007, 11:08 PM

First time here. Had by TAH on 9/17 for a big old fibroid Had a generally good hospital experience: spinal/general anesthesia followed by benadryl for the itch and 24 hrs worth of the wonderful PCA button, the ususual catheter out then try to pee routine, liked the clear liquid diet, really really hated the soft surgical (cream of rice cereal-gag, unseasoned fake mashed potatoes with extra salty gravy which shall never pass my lips again). Home on the 2nd day.
Am perky but bloated and gassy. Unbelieveably uncomfortable, can anyone relate to this? Feel so full you can't eat, but if you don't eat you can't take your pain pill and then it's worse, fear of a bowel obstruction, would take any enema to stop this.
Hurts to lie down, hurts to sit. The nurse said that walking would help and it truly does but it works in slow increments. Every time I pass gas it's little miracle. Yeah for me! Walking around the house sobbing with a warm washcloth on my belly. Taking pictures of my hideous pokey staples. Dreaming weird things and waking up stiff. Ate some mac and cheese, took an ibuprofen and found this website, thankfully. Laughing is painful but highly therapeutic.
Got a ride to the drugstore to buy gas x, heating pad, metamucil, kleenex and
six kinds of candy. The checker asked if I wanted to join AARP.
I'm 44. Do I look that bad or was it the things I bought?
Insert therapeutic chuckle here (support abdomen).
Unread 09-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Bowel movement anyone?

I had my LAVH Friday morning at 6:30,was in my room by a little before 11.Took them a while to get my oxygen up in recovery,otherwise went well.Thw 1st memory I have post op is being wheeled back to my room which led me into a corridor with a sign over the unit that read"Oncology Unit"Which I dont mind saying caused a minor freakout.Then i got in my room and was pretty much in and out for a few hours. My dh and sister were there the entire time,and that helped immensely.My nurse was a High School classmate and that was nice too.I was released to go home yesterday morning and after a stop at the drug store for vicodin(which i cant take unless I eat and i havent had a BM yet so I am scared to eat much,so I dont mind saying i Miss my Morphine pump )and then a stop by the grocey store for a few things I am home for a while now I suppose.Looks Like I am rambling,i will post later when I am not so giddy,i look forward to "meeting" my Hystersisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register