Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

mldang31
You must have been sooooo relieved when you found out it was not ovarian cancer and just fibroid and endo. That must have been the greatest blessing in the world. It doesnt get any better than that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysis
Can anyone share if they have this kind of burn in their stomach and also, when you lay down - can you lay on your side or do you have to use support like when you were pregnant? I also feel some pulling inside my vagina - is this from everything being attached to the top of the vagina instead of the cervix? Sorry too many questions but I am curious if others feel what I am feeling.
Yes, I still have the burning feeling inside, not constant but occasionally. I also have what feels like pulling and a sporadic ache to the right of my naval.

I am able to sleep on my belly again. That's my favorite position, I do change positions more often.

I feel pretty much back to myself though. Have some concerns about returning to work - I do lots of walking. I have my second post op check today though so I should be able to have any fears answered or validated.

I can't cannot wait to vacuum again-never thought I'd say that!
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:46 AM

YES! It was the best feeling in the world to find out all the mess inside was just a combination of stuff!!!! My surgery took a long long time because of the adhesions. I had tons of pain the next day but I just held on to the thought that "it could be worse" and got through it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liatrus
mldang31
You must have been sooooo relieved when you found out it was not ovarian cancer and just fibroid and endo. That must have been the greatest blessing in the world. It doesnt get any better than that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 07:57 AM

i had years of pain and heavy bleeding im 36 now i had my opp on 12th oct on the 14th was taken back down as my drain tube was stuck round a blood clott i was home by wed 17th was happy to be home as i can rest better at home the only thing im finding hard is i dont have any children and im really upset about it i dont no how long this will last
Unread 10-22-2007, 08:12 AM

kellnette-
You can come to my house and vacuum anytime. That is the only thing that I can wait for.

I have my almost 5 week check up in an hour. I have my list of questions. I took the day off from work for my appointment. I felt like I needed another recovery day. I have been back to work for 1 1/2 weeks. I've done okay at work but am so exhausted when I get home. It was nice sleeping in today.
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
post-op

Hi ladies,

I am 35 days post-op and today's my first day in the office (half-day). I've been working from home several hours a day as I feel up to it.

I had my first post-op appointment on Oct. 10 and the doctor said I was her "poster child for excellent recovery". She said I could begin walking more and more but did not release me to begin other activities other than half day work today.

This past Friday I began spotting or passing small dime-sized clots. I also have a constant dull ache in my lower abdomen. I had been on my feet more than usual. I spoke to my doctor's nurse this AM and she said she would talk to the doctor and get back to me. No word yet. Has anyone had a similar experience and what did you learn or do about it?

Congrats to all those who are doing so well

SK61

LAVH 09/17/07 Kept my ovaries and cervix
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM

I had the same surgery date as yours. If I overdo, then I feel the lower abdomen ache as well. No spotting though. My MD said I have an inflamation at the cuff. I have not gone back to work but I walk daily for about 3 miles, flat surface. If I am ambitious, then I do the hills around my house and that is when I feel all the aches and pains PLUS the swelly belly in the evening. First time that happened it freaked me out! Then I realized what I did throughout the day and figured it is the overdoing. The next morning, I woke up, the swelly belly seemed to disappear!!!! So great that you are able to get back to work!
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:54 AM
post-op

mldang31

Thanks for the reply! How exciting you are walking 3 miles
! I'm walking but not near that far. It's good to know too that I'm not the only one feeling the dull ache. I guess I'll see what the doctor says about the spotting.
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm59
kellnette-
You can come to my house and vacuum anytime. That is the only thing that I can wait for.

I have my almost 5 week check up in an hour. I have my list of questions. I took the day off from work for my appointment. I felt like I needed another recovery day. I have been back to work for 1 1/2 weeks. I've done okay at work but am so exhausted when I get home. It was nice sleeping in today.
Oh please let us know what you Dr. Said. I am curious because it does seem that most of us are on the same page. I haven't been back to work yet. I go back next Monday 10/29. I actually am looking forward to it. I am kinda getting bored at home. I had some serious trouble keeping my blood pressure up after my surgery and my blood suger was going down to 49. I later found out that it was due to the blood loss during surgery.
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM

Just got home from my appointment and all looks good. She says I still have stitches on the cuff area but most have dissolved. I can go back to regular duty on the 1st of November. No transporting children alone (we don't anyway) and if the child is big call I'm to call in two other back ups and don't attempt it.

As far as the swelly belly - I had a very extensive surgery and this is part of the healing process, basically I was told to be more patient. The tender belly thing - the muscles and nerves are cut and it also takes time for that to heal, some people heal faster and don't have this problem, some do.

I guess it's status quo as far as the recovery and that's a good thing. The one thing she did say was listen to your body, when you're tired rest, obviously you can't do that at work but when you get home let someone else cook, get take out, or find something easy and let your body heal.

mjm59 - It's kinda scary but I prefer to do the vacuuming, I always see the spots and areas that are missed. I have NO plans of raking though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register