Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Work....yep..work.

This will be my first full week back. I seem to have some of my old energy coming back. I came home from work today, sat down, went through the mail, drank a cappucino, and ate some supper. I then got a burst of energy.

I have cleaned the kitchen, sink, floor, counters, stove and microwave. It smells like lemons!

A child I work with head butted me in the belly today I about went through the ceiling with pain. It hurt like the dickens but I survived.

I also have major swelly belly going on by the end of the day. I come home and put on my jammies each day. I cannot imagine working out yet. Maybe that would help with the swelly belly and the energy level.

It seems odd that it was seven weeks ago, seems longer ago than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Dear mldang31,
hi how are you. I'm curious if your wearing and kind of abdominal support like a light weight panty girdle? I've been doing some isotonic ab work and was wondering about sit ups. How are you working out your legs?

I'm planning on getting a stationary bike and take up Tia Chi at a local martial arts center. I also have a few pieces of home equipment. So it's coordinating all those pieces.

I'm at week 6 but not gotten my all clear yet. I've only gone walking short distances doing some local errands in the last few days.

FLD

QUOTE=mldang31]I went back to the gym week 6 and just did the elliptical. Exhausted doing 1/2 of what I used to do. Today (week 7) I did more exercises such as abdominal and legs. Now I feel like a truck has run over me!!!! I also got back to jogging and tolerated that much better than the gym. Definitely have the swelly belly toward the evening though!! Have not gone back to work and cannot even think of work! YIKES![/quote]
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:36 PM

I think we gym fanatics have to take it easy at the beginning.Probably start with a short routine and then increase it as we get our energy back.I still can't sleep my 7 hours straight as I used to.I wake up at least 3 times during the night.My Doc prescribed Alprazolam and tonight I just took 1 1/2 pill 0.25 +the half, something like 0.3,scared to go for the 0.5.Have to get up at 6 a.m. to drive to work.I drive 1.15 hours to get there.It sucks!!!
But I can take naps at work (short ones)LOL
Good luck to all, hope we get back to normal soon.I just need PATIENCE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 07:36 AM

I had my 6 week post with my MD on monday and cleared to go back to work. I do home health nursing, and I didn't realize how much I get in and out of the car. I was sore last evenng, but feel pretty good this am. I have been going to the gym, just walking on the treadmill for 2 miles and then doing upper body (light wts.) I still have my swelly belly and the area around the incision is numb, but at least I can sleep on my stomach. Overall my energy has improved week to week. I miss my naps and am worried about starting to do my abdominal exercises. Good luck to all and take it easy.
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:33 PM

Thanks For Writing, Fld! Yeah, My Schedule Is Hectic--now Since I Fell Off Our Deck Onto The Concrete Slab Yesterday--i Am Gimping Around Like A Resident--pretty Bad When They Feel Sorry For Me--thank God I Am Just Scraped Up--thank God For Calcium Supplements--i Have To Take 1600 Per Day Now(i Hate Milk). My Husband Is Finally Taking Son's Mother To Court For Visitation--he Is 7 Yrs Old And His Mom Is Something Else--has Him On Adhd Crap And Now Has Him Diagnosed With Anxiety--he Is On Amphetamines And Busbar--this Poor Kid---i Feel Awful For Him--he Looks Like The Walking Dead--adhd, Not--if He Was He Would Drive Me Nuts As My Youngest Is 14 Yrs Old--but What Can I Do--i Am Only His Stepmom--i Think Momma Has Munchausen By Proxy-hard To Prove Though--i Just Wish She Would Realize What She Is Doing To Him--also--my Dad Might Have Cancer--he Gets Surgery Soon To Get Growth Off Of His Lymph Nodes--he Is Only 54--too Much Stuff On My Mind--but At Least I Have A Wicked Sense Of Humor--need That In Life No Matter What--swelly Belly, Anyone? I Wake Up With A Small Belly And Look Like The Good Yr Blimp By The Time I Go To Sleep--otherwise Just Occ. Twinges Along With Hot Flashes And Night Sweats-- Take Care All---georgia
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails
Please note: I think that May13 & Angel29 both had LAVH surgery. I am delighted they are both feeling so well.

I had the TAH: I would not describe this as an easy surgery. I am nearly 6 weeks post-op & I still have times with quite a bit of pain (usually, alas, when I have overdone it). I am not feeling very perky! Also, I have a physically demanding job & lifestyle. I am grateful that I am not scheduled to return to work yet.
Yes you are right I did have a LAVH and I totally understand your situation. A friend of mine had a TAH like you did and it did take her a little longer to recover. I am thankful that I had my hysterectomy when I did or I as well would have had TAV like you. I really came close to having one. The tumor was like I was 14 weeks pregnant and when she cut it away from my uterus and pushed it up toward my stomach she had to move pretty quick. I lost a lot of blood during that which was risky. Some Doctor's might would have done the TAH for precaution. I have upper stomach pain almost like I have sore stomach muscles. I wonder why that is like that. I hope that you have a great recovery and a wonder Thanksgiving.
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Hi

Sorry I have not been getting on the board with my hyster sisters!!! I wear the abdominal binder (the white thingie that they give you at the hospital) when I go running only. It actually helps a lot!! I did not wear it when I started to run again. Then it dawned on me how much it helped me when I first started to move around. Anyway I don't use it at the gym though when I do the elliptical or run on the treadmill. I do some abdominal exercises but not as much. I can totally be on my tummy (yay for the massage!) so I do leg exercises just like before. I was cleared to "resume" nornal activities at end of week 6 by my regular gynie. Have not seen the surgeon yet (he is the oncologist, my gynie just assisted). So I started to run at week 7. WAS TOUGH!!!! If I do too much then I deal with the HUGE belly at night and everything is sore. I guess it is a balance act! Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fld
Dear mldang31,
hi how are you. I'm curious if your wearing and kind of abdominal support like a light weight panty girdle? I've been doing some isotonic ab work and was wondering about sit ups. How are you working out your legs?

I'm planning on getting a stationary bike and take up Tia Chi at a local martial arts center. I also have a few pieces of home equipment. So it's coordinating all those pieces.

I'm at week 6 but not gotten my all clear yet. I've only gone walking short distances doing some local errands in the last few days.

FLD

QUOTE=mldang31]I went back to the gym week 6 and just did the elliptical. Exhausted doing 1/2 of what I used to do. Today (week 7) I did more exercises such as abdominal and legs. Now I feel like a truck has run over me!!!! I also got back to jogging and tolerated that much better than the gym. Definitely have the swelly belly toward the evening though!! Have not gone back to work and cannot even think of work! YIKES!
[/quote]
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
From Soldance :Good luck to all and thanks

This goes to all my Hyster sisters out there.I had my surgery on September the 17th.It is been more than 8 weeks.I went back to work almost 3 weeks ago.I am a Court Interpreter, so mine is not physical work.But I have to commute 1 1/1 hours to get there.However I am doing great.I'm sleeping a little better (without Alprazolam) and went back to the gym.Played racquetball, but only one game.I felt alive.!!This has been a very difficult time for me but I am glad I had my TAH.I want to take this time to thank you all for your comments, for sharing your experiences.I am very happy Ingie sent me this site and I could read about what goes on with this surgery.We should all be proud we are surviving it!!!I thought I was never going to get better but your postings and advise made my recovery much more bearable.I love you all !!
Good luck for the sisters that are just starting their recovery time.Remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel,you will all make it!!! Just be patient and Good luck
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Interesting

Hey there! So this is the end of week seven and I too know the true joy of laying down on the tummy I stopped wearing the binder since I last spoke to you because my waist line actually started appearing! So the binder kept rolling up or down which off course was not helpful. I bought a pair of Spanx which does a good job. It's like wearing a glove and has taken over nicely. I have worn the binder at night sometimes I think I mentioned and it felt really good. Yesterday was my first day back to work and my job is a physical one so I took a couple of Bayer aspirin before activity, which lasted about 6 hr. and before bed a couple more to stave off any pain. But I too have learned that I have to choice how much physical stuff I will do in a day. Like I pick one thing and make myself agree that all I will do because I know what the end result will be. I did good yesterday because I had 3 appointments spread out but the day before I was on my feet continuously just around the house trying to sort clothes for Good Will. I should have taken a break off my feet. I even ate lunch standing up! (My normal M.O.)
Anyway take care, keep feeling better.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by mldang31
Hi

Sorry I have not been getting on the board with my hyster sisters!!! I wear the abdominal binder (the white thingie that they give you at the hospital) when I go running only. It actually helps a lot!! I did not wear it when I started to run again. Then it dawned on me how much it helped me when I first started to move around. Anyway I don't use it at the gym though when I do the elliptical or run on the treadmill. I do some abdominal exercises but not as much. I can totally be on my tummy (yay for the massage!) so I do leg exercises just like before. I was cleared to "resume" nornal activities at end of week 6 by my regular gynie. Have not seen the surgeon yet (he is the oncologist, my gynie just assisted). So I started to run at week 7. WAS TOUGH!!!! If I do too much then I deal with the HUGE belly at night and everything is sore. I guess it is a balance act! Take care!

[/quote]
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:42 AM

Hi FLD,
So glad you are doing better! I have not tried to get back to work. Mine is quite physical. I am a therapist for a large hospital and see patients daily, going up and down the stairs, etc... Opted to wait until dec. Sometimes feeling like a wimp as most of the hyster sisters with the same or later surgery date have gone back to work. However I decided to take it safe. You have only one chance to heal right, correct?? Anyway will not see the surgeon until dec because he cancelled my nov appoinment. Take good care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register