Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 11-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Thanks Ladies! I was/am definitely feeling lazy, if that makes sense. Since I have been back to work I feel my family believes I should be doing everything I did previous. I can't...I won't...at least not now. I had a small meltdown last night and DH didn't realize how beat I have been feeling, he did more to help around here last night. Our DD came home from school yesterday and helped out immensely. I certainly want my energy and zip back.

I have been noticing some hot flashes as well the past few days. I kept my ovaries and my blood test previous should I wasn't in or near menopause yet. UGH..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:33 PM

Hi everyone. I have been back at work for 5 weeks now. I am starting to feel like I used to. I still get tired and my stomach is still a little swollen after a day at work but I feel pretty good. My energy level is normal but several times a day I start dragging. I am a teacher and have to be ON all the time. I do find myself sitting on a desk every now and then when I'm teaching but other than that I'm back to normal.

Last week we were moving risers and sound equipment for a concert and the students wouldn't even let me carry my music. They can be so sweet sometimes. No one else knew how to set up the risers so I pulled one up to show them how and you would have thought that I had committed a crime. Now there are 2 men and several kids that can set them up for me. And to think, I have been setting everything up by myself for years.

I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the date club forum.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs. Please visit the pre-op and post-op forums to reply to other women in need of support!

And of course, you may continue to reply here to this thread with your friends of your hyst date club!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the reminder! I do need to visit the pre and post op forum to help others as I have been helped! I really could not have done it without the hyster sisters! I went back to work after 3 months. I am a therapist in an acute hospital and have very heavy patients. That was why I got the 3 months. I feel "almost" normal unless I really overdo it! I am being followed by my regular gynie for a 6 months check up and that would do it. My onc/gynie who was my surgeon is done with me! Yay! Good luck to all my sisters!
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I have been feeling pretty well. I've been on a low dose of estrogen and everything seems to be going pretty well expect I am having a few more hot flashes lately. I'm hoping I can find some natural means to get rid of them rather then inc. the estrogen. I'll be seeing the doc. on Thru because I have no libido so I need to do something about that. My sleeping patterns have been a bit weird but manageable. I don't have to take ambien any longer and sleep feels more natural. I hope all you are feeling better and hope to hear how everyone is doing. Have a blessed week. Kathy
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
update

It's been a long time for me as well. I too am taking the lowest doseage of estrogen and been having my hot flashes increase. My sleep patterns are inconsistent and libido is non-existent. I'm otherwise doing well until I get overtired. I've lost 20# through diet and exercise because I was so afraid I'd gain uncontrollably, so that makes me happy.
I've noticed I have dry skin too but I LOVE not having to purchase feminine hygiene products!!

How's everyone else doing?
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm not on any HRT but I've had a minimal adjustment. I do have one spot on the left side of my incision that is STILL quite painful every time i get up from bed or roll over in bed, but (thankfully) not at any other time. On several occasions I have also experienced a terrible pain the length of the incision that brought me to my knees (luckily it didn't last long) & it was somehow tied in to pooping. When I contacted my surgeon she had me come in immediately, but after being examined she said everything seems fine.

Overall, I feel quite well. For me, this was a long recovery-- it took the full 8 weeks for me to feel like myself.
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:32 PM

I bought a ton of estroven and tried to take it. However I get pretty nauseous from it. Don't know if it is a conincidence or not but I am pretty wary. So now I don't even take anything. Incisition is sensitive in certain areas but tolerable. Overall it has been a long but bearable recovery. So thankful for this site. I don't feel 100% back to normal yet but pretty darn close. Good luck to all my hyster sisters!
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:03 AM

Hi ladies,
I've been very very lucky. The surgery is a distant memory -- I feel great. I have had some hrt adjustment problems (mainly bad headaches), but over the past few weeks (after finding a doc who would prescribe compounded Triest, Progesterone and Test), I'm feeling really really good. I hope you are all doing well.
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:06 AM

I was feeling great after 5 weeks post op, and then at 9 weeks I had a lot of issues and pain.
It took a month of pain and anxiety to be diagnosed with an anterior anal fissure. I am still recovering from the fissure with treatment for 2 months now. This has been worse than the hysterectomy by far.
The disappoinment was that it came on two months after the hysterectomy and I never had rectal issues before.
Because of where it was located I felt the pain and discomfort in the vagina so my gyno searched and searched in there to no avail for a month! Finally a GI dr. figured it out.
So otherwise the LAVH recovery was good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register