Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
digestion

I'm thinking digestion, gas and so on shakes things up and pulls on the little stitches in there. And hurts now and then. Am learning first hand that one should not allow one's self to get constipated.
Yelp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Went for my first post-op (8 days since my LAVH). It was my first outing since surgery and first day I wore make up and dressed nice. Felt great. I promised my DH (who had to be out of town today and I would not change my appt) that I'd take a taxi. Found out last minute that the taxis here only take cash. I only had cards. So I put a pillow on my tummy and drove 8 minutes to the dr. office. I don't take pain meds during the day so it was safe to drive. My 3 tiny incisions were healing well (I had durabond -crazy glue stuff -no stitches or tape), my vaginal stitches were healing well. She told me she would have cleared me to drive today anyway. I forgot to ask her about when to go to chiro for my left hip/sciatic pain (I've got it for the first time in 7 years). But I'll take the advice of other sisters who said to wait 4-6 weeks post-op. Dr did tell me that many women get sore backs after surgery because of the position we're in during LAVH, but not necessarily sciatic pain. I guess it is from sitting too much at the computer! I am sure it will subside as I walk more, lie down more and sit less. I'm feeling better overall. My hemoglobin was almost 12 (13.5 before surgery and 11 after surgery) so that's good. My bathroom routines are regular. Still get the occassional gas pain that seems to move things around-ouch. I was told I can go on a 3.5 hr bus ride to my son's athletic event Oct. 6 as long as it is a comfy bus I can walk around in (it is). That would be at 18 days post op so she said that's almost 3 weeks. I also forgot to ask her if I should continue with the 800mg Motrin every 8 hrs but I only have 8 left so I'll ask her when I run out in a couple of days. I have a ,ot of Percocet left and hope I won't need it for long. I will update next week...Hope you are all feeling better day by day.
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Hello ladies,
Well, you won't believe what I did today. My DH drove me two hours away to have a root canal on tooth #29. I have not had a cavity or a filling in 31 or so years and yesterday I noticed #29 was a bit sensitive to the cool water I rinsed my mouth with. Went to the dentist and he checked it out. Said it looked suspicious near the nerve and made an appointment with the endodontist for me for today. Saw her and I had a root canal. The old filling looked intact, but the nerve and blood vessel were inflamed. She said this is common after a major surgery like a hysterectomy.
Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home. Slept til now. But I feel fine. She gave me more Vicodan if I need it, but I have only used 4 of the ones my gyno gave me for the hyst.
Anyway, I am doing fine and hope to teach two classes tomorrow afternoon at my school. I teach math and really want to check my students out. If I find it too taxing, my sub will take the classes back. I am suppose to do the same on Friday.
Well, better get some rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Interesting Uterus?!?!?!

Had my TAH on 9-17 and it has been awhile since I have had the energy to sit at the computer between family and drugs! Surgery went well except my DR apparently wants to save my uterus!!!! She told me this after surgery. I find it a bit odd but apparently I have an Interesting uterus! And this whole time I have been thinking it was just a pain in my.... well you know! It will now be a teaching tool because it is septate. I am more than happy to let it bother those med students insted of me!
Unread 09-27-2007, 04:22 AM

Hi ladies,
I had my surgery on Friday Sept. 21st. The Dr. took everything. He said I had cysts on both ovaries and I think he said one was getting ready to rupture...that one is still not clear because of being so medicated. The Fibroid on my uterus had gotten a lot larger. No wonder I was hurting and sick all the time.
Saturday morning they finally took out the catheter so when my H came by he helped me to start walking. I went a little farther each time. Still made me nauseous. They took the morphine pump away...and started me on pills.
Sunday morning, they (I actually) took off my bandage so I could take a shower. I felt clean at least. I am still scrubbing the iodine off my stomach. I walked some more and was able to eat a couple bites of food that morning and at lunch. They sent me home about 1:00 on Sunday.
Monday my H stayed home with me...first time I had breakfast in bed in the 21 years we have been together. He took real good care of me the first couple of days...then I felt I was on my own.
Tuesday...feeling little more like doing things. Friends from the office came by and brought me BBQ...one of my favorite foods, but my stomach is not ready for spices. Not ready for a lot of anything right now.
Wednesday...got up and did laundry...slowly...wrote out bills and walked to the mail box and back. Which is about 125 yards from my house. Coming back was a little up hill.....then I slept the rest of the day! That wore me out!!
I am doing really good. I do feel much better than I did before I had this surgery...other than fighting the soreness, dry mouth and still nauseous stomach...I feel really good. I am getting anxious to get out of the house and go somewhere.
Unread 09-27-2007, 04:59 AM

I had a total Davinci laproscopy hyst on the 18th. After more than a week, I'm doing much better. 3 of my six bandages from surgery have dropped off...and the incision sites look good. No infection. The other 3 are about ready to come off. I was told not to pull on them to just let them drop off on their own....so, trying to keep down my curiousity. Maybe today in the shower another one will come loose.

Still have a bit of bladder leakage or vag drainage....the dr said not to worry about any drainage as long as it was clear and didn't have a bad/infected smell to it. Not sure if this is urine or what...it's clear, but doesn't smell like pee. I guess I'll find out more at my appointment on the 4th. Seems like a couple other people are having this too....so I assume it's normal.

It doesn't hurt anymore when I cough, laugh, sneeze, so I assume things are healing up in my belly. The iron pills I'm taking are giving me a bit of a constipation problem, so I've been eating at least one salad every day, and I'm taking stool softener pills.

I'm off pain meds. Just taking daily vitamin C and an iron pill. I do get tired. I have to take a short nap in the afternoon.

Still no menopause symptoms. So, recovery is going well so far.
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:44 AM

Hi everybody, Had my TAH Monday morning 9/24 -- kept both ovaries! Yay!!

Was SO GLAD to get back home yesterday afternoon and in the care of my loving husband. Taking it slow. Walked around the house this a.m., did a bit of computer stuff, now feel ready for another nap!

Blessings and thanks to the hyster sisters. This web site helped me through some very tough times.
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:49 AM

Had a TAH BSO on 9/18. I asked to go home on 9/20. My roomate had visitors at all times and they were loud talkers. Today is really my best day. Everything is making progress but I started having hot flashes and night sweats on the 3rd day home. I have a fever most evenings but I was told not to worry since it is under 100.4. I called it in again today anyway. I feel best today but still sore. I saw the Dr on Monday 9/24 and he said I thought you'd be moving a lot better by now. So maybe this week!
Fibroid #1 extremely large, multiple smaller ones, cyst on right ovary and 3x as large a the left ovary. Cervicitis and endocervicitis.
All gone!
Unread 09-27-2007, 11:07 AM

I am post-op 1 week. I finally got my staples out yesterday!! But now, I have another problem...constipation!!! I am eating all the roughage I can get my hands on, plus taking milk of magnesia tablets, stool softners, and dulcolax.

I would feel near normal, or probably better than normal if I just would get rid of my constipation problem.

The bladder feels really great. Hope everyone else is doing great. Let me know.
Unread 09-27-2007, 11:11 AM

Why don't you try Miralax?
It is wonderful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register