Monday, Monday, 17th September! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday, Monday, 17th September! Monday, Monday, 17th September!

Unread 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Smile - Monday, Monday, 17th September! Monday, Monday, 17th September!

Morning!

Its a nippy one here! brrrr!! Hopefully, the weather will pick up nicely, as it has been doing all month so far, freezing mornings and evenings, but unseasonally warm in the day.

Breakfast ~ slice of toast, glass orange juice
Lunch ~ chicken salad sandwich
Dinner ~ ? dunno yet!

We didn't have the KFC yesterday, kids didn't want that, they wanted hot dogs, so I made them instead (lot cheaper!) I think KFC wouldn't have been a good choice either, Melissa. I have no appetite at the minute, haven't really eaten since friday, so I have saved a little money too!

Emily! hope you have a lovely day!!!

Gotta get going, I'm lagging behind this morning!

Have a lovely day, folks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Monday, Monday, 17th September!

Morning Fran,
Could you send a bit of your nippy weather across the pond and a little south to us in Florida - we are baking down here.
Emily - hope you have a great day !!!!!!! I am right behind you.
Food today - B will be my hot tea and banana
L will be Sicilian Lentil soup - never tried this one before
D- not sure yet - my daughter made chicken parm with artichokes for her DH last night and now I want that so maybe thats what it will be
I will talk more on Chatter.
Lynn
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:07 AM

Good Morning Fran and Lynn and all who follow,
(((Fran))), hope you feel better soon, pls let us know what the doc thinks.
Was a bit off OP this weekend as had some "bad"goodies at the Art/crafts fair so back on track today. Made cabbage soup (ala c soup diet) with more veggies added and will use it as at least one meal each day, preferrably dinner; helps me loads with water gain which I have been having lately. Also intend to swim 3xs a week. Lost 2lbs but it's likely only H2O.
B- quiche(lf &low w/carb crust); coffee
L- salad, hb egg, cabbage soup
D- cabbage soup; perhaps a protein
S - cantaloupe, fiber one bar
Wishing all a successful OP week.
peggiesue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 07:09 AM

Good Morning my BEST friends!!!

Hi Fran...We did have KFC yesterday for lunch, but I didn't eat hardly any. I think they cooked my chicken leg last Thursday or something. I pulled the breading off and ate the leg and some cole slaw. And I left the biscuit. So I don't think I did any harm with it. (DH really wanted it and he hasn't felt much like eating, so I didn't argue).

Lynn...We're so cold in the mornings too right now. Had frost advisories yesterday morning. I'm not sure if we got any or not. I didn't cover flowers. It only really saves you a few weeks here to go to all that trouble. I'd send you some of this cooler air if I could.

Hi PeggieSue! We were posting at the same time. Do you make your own quiche or do you buy it. If you buy it, do you mind me asking what kind it is that has a lower carb crust? I think Monday's were made to be Do-Over days. Darn the weekends.

My food was good this weekend. I'm still stuck on my last reading. I do that for some reason over the weekends and then lose during the week. Maybe I get more water and regular exercise during the week. :shrug; But it's ok..it's still fine and it's working.

Did lots of movement yesterday with getting rid of some big items out of the basement. I'll go into those details later in chatter.

Emily! Have a wonderful day and do something nice for yourself.

And remember...It's now 99 days till Christmas.! Let the countdown begin!

Have a BESt OP day everyone!
I'll check back in later.

Unread 09-17-2007, 07:10 AM

Morning Fran & Ali... and all who follow

I'm taking today off as a "mental health" day... just couldn't see myself going in DH is going to go golfing this afternoon... so I'll have some more "me" time today as well.

I did get out for a nice long walk yesterday & again with the dogs. I'll definitely repeat that pattern again today. It actually feels great to be moving again.

Food today --

B - Kashi cereal w/ 1% milk
L - tuna fish on lite bread
D - grilled salmon ceasar salad
Ss - banana / yogurt

Happy Birthday Emily!!
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi everyone and thank-you for the birthday wishes. My DH makes it a weekend long celebration and thus OP meant off plan for me. I was awful and today will be no better. I will try and make mindful choices at lunch today as my friend wants to treat me for my 55th. No formal exercise although we did walk on Sunday at a quaint nearby town where they have lovely shops and autumn displays. Water was good. I am skipping Curves today but will get back there the rest of the week. Now my next hurdle to get through will be our vacation next week. I have declared October as do over month.

Emily
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Emily!! :
Lots of BEST friends already posting and getting ready for a fine day.
B-Fiber One bar at 5 am
B2 - fruit with cottage cheese and some pistachios at 8 am
s - cereal I hope
I'm really fighting the school fundraisers - a big box of candy bars just showed up
L - small piece meatloaf, couple slices of tomato
Oh I also have a yogurt available, so maybe I can eat all my reasonably healthy stuff and avoid that chocolate today. I'm not real positive about avoiding it today. Interesting to note the feelings of who cares and it will feel good (which it does, in fact). I'm trying to at least pay attention to the conversation with my conscience
Have walked some so far, will continue to move around during the day.
I hope you all feel better if you have been feeling not great, and I hope food sits better today. It's a good Monday, right?
Desk
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM

Emily :

Peggiesue - I would also love to hear about a quiche with low carb crust

Desk - I found some low carb sugar free Russell Stovers chocolates at the grocery store the other day. I save them for those extreme chocolate cravings. I saw that Nestle also makes a sugar free chocolate. Each piece has 5 carbs, so still can't eat a lot, but usually one piece is enough for me.

I don't know what I will be eating today, but it will definitely be OP since I don't like being mad at myself for a week when I go off plan

I will walk today. I will walk today. I will walk today I will walk today

-Kay
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM

Good morning Ladies

It has been a while since I have found time to post. I am not going to catch up with what I missed, but will jump right in and move forward...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!!

Desk~ So, sorry to hear of your loss. My heart does go out to you and your family.

I did not stay op last week. It was not totaly off the rails, but none the less off. lol... I did keep up with my exercise. It was a very stressful week and I need to deal with those better....

B~ high fiber low fat muffin and an apple
L~ Salad and yogurt
D~ Unknown, but working on it
S~ orange

I hope everyone has an awesome day and I will try to catch up on chatter later today.....
to all
Teena
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Wow this am I posted to both BEST and chat and I see I don't have anything here...all I wanted to say was to Emily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register