Does Castle send home "goodie bag"? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Castle send home "goodie bag"? Does Castle send home "goodie bag"?

Unread 09-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Does Castle send home "goodie bag"?

Just curious - I've heard that the hospital gives you things to use/take? Do they send home "goodie" bags * if so what's in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 09:31 AM

I left the hospital with the bags of mesh undies and pads that were opened for me. That was the only thing sent home with me.
Unread 09-22-2007, 09:31 AM

Mine didn't, just discharge papers and good advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 10:14 AM

I didn't get a goodie bag, but while I was there they gave me some toiletries (which I didn't use), medicated lip balm (great stuff! the #1 item you'll need post-op), socks and a breathing exercise thingy to go along with my complimentary case of pneumonia! I've never heard of a goodie bag, but can't imagine what would be in it besides maybe chocolate???
Unread 09-22-2007, 11:48 AM

When you are in the hospital you are allowed to take anything they have given you to use such as the basin for washing up, the footies, check on that some places may wash them and reuse, The soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, if they give you a handful of soap filled disposeable washcloths they won't put any of that back in stock in case it picked up something that could be passed on. Open boxes of tissues, open bag of pads, etc. It is anything that they have given you or opened for your use which you haven't used up. It's already been charged to your insurance bill and cannot in any case be used for someone else so you may as well take them home if you can use them. I have brought home quite a number of wash basins which I use to mop floors or soak feet. I have never found a use for the curved tooth basins, so I probably won't bring that home this time. but being a pack rat you never know.

The only time I'm aware of that they actually give a "goodie bag is with a newborn. Now THOSE girls rake it in. Diaper bag, bottles, a few diapers, samples of several different formulas Powder AND liquid, baby lotion, baby wash, diaper rash cream, and our hospital gives a tiny 1-3 month tee-shirt with the name of the hospital on it. I got one for my youngest so they started that 28 years ago. LOL Coupons, And sometimes even a free dinner coupon.

I think everyone who gets a hyster should have a free dinner for two don't you? Kitty
Unread 09-22-2007, 12:14 PM

the only thing the hospital gave me was, the sample size
bodywash,toothpaste, mouthwash, tooth brush,shampoo
baby powder, mesh panties, a few pads..room spray
body lotion and a comb, and of course the square wash pan thingy and the breathing thingy and the lovely slipper socks to wear into surgery....im sure it was all included in my hospital bill though..lol I did however fix a goodie bag of
different teas to give to my nurses as a thankyou for taking care of me along with a card...they seemed to really appreciate it too.I was very lucky my doctors and nurses were wonderful!Good luck and God Bless!
Unread 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM

If they're going to give me slipper sox I want pink. I'm going all pink for this surgery. normally I don't like pink, just apricot or peach, but Whether it's apricot or fuchia, I want pink. LOL

I'm making a rose pink silk kimono robe. it's not done yet, but when I get it done I'll try to get a picture posted before I go. Then I'm going looking for slippers which will complement it. then I'm going to glue lovely pink fun jewels on the slippers. and I might take pink nail polish with me for my toesies. maybe I'll even paint all but my BIg toe. that should give them a good view of my nail beds. LOL Kitty
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temben
Just curious - I've heard that the hospital gives you things to use/take? Do they send home "goodie" bags * if so what's in it?
No goodie bag here. In fact, I didn't get any of the toiletries others have mentioned...perhaps because I had my own and didn't ask for them?

When my daughter was born, no goodie bag either. Hmm, I'm just not "livin' right"
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:29 PM

I don't know if it's considered a "goodie bag" but dh and I took gauze, dressings, and a couple of those bed bads. They said to take anything that wasn't nailed down as I'd be paying for it anyway.

We didn't take anything they said wasn't OK, but in our case anyway they wanted to make sure we had at least two bandage changes -- even though we were heading straight to the hospital pharmacy for more stuff.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:42 PM

We got all the standard stuff: tissue, footies, extra footies (which I HATED.. I never wear socks or slippers at home), square basin, etc.

We were also told that the pillows on my bed were disposable and we might as well take them. Whoo Hoo.. that solved the major problem of forgetting to buy or bring a pillow for the trip home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register