First Post-Op Sex Experience... - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Post-Op Sex Experience... First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Unread 10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlkey
I'm in my 3rd week and very curious......cant wait to get released from the doctor!!!!

MY DOCTOR DIDN'T CLEAR ME FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna C
MY DOCTOR DIDN'T CLEAR ME FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!!!!

why so long??? hope all is well
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:53 PM

I kept my ovaries so I still get that little hormonal surge and I gotta admit, it's really hard not to submit to my hormones! But I'm 3 weeks exactly from my LAVH so I'm really trying to be a good girl and fill my time with non-romantic thoughts...jigsaw puzzles, mystery novels, crossword books, horror movies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 06:09 PM

I wasn't release by the Dr until after 8 weeks and then it was a little while longer until my DH got up the courage to give it a go. It was because of the complexity of my surgery and the amount of stitches I had to heal in my vaginal cuff. I was in a lot of pain prior to surgery and didn't want any of that to return.

Good luck and happy healing
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM
first time...again!

At six weeks exactly, we gave it a try and it went fine. The next day I ached a little but nothing major. No bleeding or anything like that. We just took it really slow and easy. It was a much better experience than before the surgery with the (more than 10 fibroids!) pressing against my cervix and every nerve in my pelvic area.

I waited until I could go days without any pain and I had gone back to work and been able to do some light exercise. And of course my doctor had cleared me.

I know it's crazy but I had always said I wouldn't be sure I had done the right thing until I had sex and now I know, I REALLY did the right thing!
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM

wow! Glad to hear some positive thoughts in this area. I have read some real horror stories. One thing that I read was that some experience climax with the uterus. One thing that I do know is that I won't have to be concerned with my bulging cervix.

Yes, it's exciting to think about. That in itself could make it great. How wonderful to be loving again and be cancer-free.

Our 22nd anniversary is Dec 28. My 6 week appt is Dec 11. It's scary, but what a way to celebrate.

In the past, my desires were not always where I would want it to be. I think it's age, teens coming and going, at all times, work, etc. I had some dryness issues, but not every time. I may look for a little help here for the first time.

The last time I was afraid of bursting my cancered uterus. Sounds crazy. I was also still recovering from my D&C then. I had called my doc's office to discuss this. I think the nurse thought it was cute.

Thanks for discussing this topic. Granted, being cancer-free is the most important component, but this is a recovery issue, as well.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Avoiding it with high effort. I am just not ready to chance more or worse pain. I wonder if this is sortof normal?
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM

go senior sister ... that's really special!

Right now, just the thought of anything touching my belly hurts.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Still have 4 weeks to go. Two days ago it crossed my mind and I felt really sorry for my husband. I Wanted to have sex!! But>>>>>>>NO
Tina

lovetowalk, Where are you from in Tennessee? Knoxville here, we got alot of rain and thunder here too.
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:12 AM

RT66CRUISER-
My first time was 7 weeks-it was great and no problems. Good luck!! I think it is better than ever.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register