First Post-Op Sex Experience... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Post-Op Sex Experience... First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Unread 09-23-2007, 12:50 PM
First Post-Op Sex Experience...

(((casey06))), you really should call your doctor about the bleeding and cramping. You want to be sure you haven't had something tear which is a risk that is run when having sex before the doctor has given clearance. (Actually it can happen even after the doctor gives the okay to resume intercourse, as some Sisters can attest. )

While we expect to get that all-important clearance at the six week checkup, many Sisters are disappointed to learn that the area isn't healed enough yet and more weeks are added to the recovery time.

To everyone not yet cleared by the doctor, please do yourself a favor by reading the following information:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

It's important to for everyone to check with her doctor before resuming any sort of sexual activity since orders do vary. Only the doctor can say what is and isn't okay for each patient.

Best wishes for your recoveries!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2007, 12:59 PM

I saw my doctor last week (5.5 weeks post-op) and when I asked about sex he said well.....but didn't say when!!

He did not do an internal exam, so how would he know when it would be ok????

I am afraid to call him, I think I will wait a couple of days or call my GP instead.

(my surgeon has not been good about guiding me through recovery, as in NO INFO!)
Unread 09-23-2007, 01:08 PM

(((casey06))), if you are more comfortable calling your GP, that's fine to do instead but I think calling a doctor is a good idea. If your vaginal cuff isn't fully healed you run the risk of infection.

You don't have to be afraid or embarrassed to call. This isn't unheard of and your doctor should be understanding. The main thing is to be sure there isn't any damage and that you don't have an infection. I'm sorry that your doctor hasn't been more helpful with information for your recovery. Sometimes it's necessary for us to be more assertive. I think now it's going to be very important that you insist on a vaginal exam so that your healing progress can be properly assessed.

I'm sending s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2007, 02:15 PM

I've been cleared for sex, but since some of my stitches hasn't come out yet dh and I have decided to wait another week or two. Since we've gone without for a year and a half another week wont matter.
I have to say I have the most patient sweet loving husband in the world. He waited for me. A lesser man wouldn't have.
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Thankyou For Sharing!

I am so glad to see all of your stories. It sure does vary from person to person. I had another post about my story but I'll re-cap.

Me and hubby were 6.5 weeks PO. I am bad and have not yet had clearance from my OB. He didn't say NO at 6 weeks but he did ask if I would be scared to see spotting and I said yes so he told me in that case he wouldn't do it then and come back in 2 weeks. I will be 8 weeks PO this thursday. I see my OB again tomorrow and I am hoping everything is looking much better.

As far as the experience. It was good. I could tell I had surgery but I didn't have pain. I did spot however. Probably an indication it was too early although I have been told that a lot of women spot even after they are cleared.

Spot was gone the following day and I never really needed a pad.

I can't wait to be fully healed and hubby and I can REALLY get into things.

Sorry if (tmi)

We did do the oral thing last night and it was FANTASTIC!

Miss
Unread 09-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Praying to be given the all clear tomorrow. Hoping to go on Honeymoon this week!

Scared, but willing to try
Unread 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Well today I had my post op and he said I was all healed up except for a couple of stitches but they were almost disolved. So, you know what my first question was....he looked at me and said...go ahead and give it a whirl. I thought, "a whirl?". He did tell me to be gentle and not go hog wild. So, I have the green light to do a little bit this weekend. Everything checked out with the pathology report. I feel like a new woman and excited about my first time post op. I have it planned for this weekend.
Unread 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM

Oh athenafdm127 DO TELL!!!!

I am excited for you. I'm sure it will be great! Like your Dr says, do be gentle. I'm sure dh will adhear to that.

I hope all goes well for me tomorrow at my OB Apt. I will have to be honest with my OB about my slip up at 6.5 weeks but I feel fine and I know everything will be great!

Plus I hear that once clearance is given it only gets better and easier from experience #1.

You know what I was thinking?

I'm so happy to be period free FOREVER but I can't use it as an excuse anymore to not have sex with dh when I'm not as frisky HAHAHAHAHA! Oh well!
Unread 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM

I have my 6 week checkup tomorrow and am hoping I get the okay...........I'm like everyone else, a little apprehensive, but excited at the same time!!! It will be kinda like the first time..........
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM

My 6 week post op is Wed & I hope I can get the OK for sex. Unfortunatley, DH is on a business trip until friday. So, if I get the OK, Friday night will be !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register