First Post-Op Sex Experience... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Post-Op Sex Experience... First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Unread 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
First Post-Op Sex Experience...

At six weeks - it was great just a little tender. I think it's like getting a new callus on a tender piece of skin. Slow and steady wins the race. Give yourself time and have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 05:38 AM

Going to DR in 2 hours, sooo nervous about this apt. I pray everthing is OK!
DH said if given the ok we should try sex ASAP before going on our honeymoon on friday since I'm so nervous about having sex. He says in case I bleed or something happens. I think this is his not wanting to wait a second longer. But he knows he better be GENTLE and slow or I will close up shop.
Unread 09-25-2007, 07:52 AM

My Dr. actually SCOLDED me for not having sex at my 6 week check up. He gave me the go ahead at 4 weeks, but when he asked at 6 if we had tried, I told him I was too scared. He told me he wanted to see me get back to my life ASAP.

Well I have news for him.......I am waiting at least another 2-3 weeks, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady
My Dr. actually SCOLDED me for not having sex at my 6 week check up. He gave me the go ahead at 4 weeks, but when he asked at 6 if we had tried, I told him I was too scared. He told me he wanted to see me get back to my life ASAP.

Well I have news for him.......I am waiting at least another 2-3 weeks, lol.
Are you still having pain? I have been cleared and am anxious to have sex. What is the reasoning?
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:14 AM

Oh no, I don't have any pain at all. If fact, I never had pain with this surgery ever. I am just one of those people that tend to panic over everything. I tend to always err on the side of caution. So if my Dr. said OK at 4 weeks, I automatically doubled it
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Ok, I was given the green light after 4 weeks TAH, however, I am afraid to have a orgasam.....I did bleed some the first time but not anymore and now I am 6 weeks out.....
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:04 AM

I went in at 6 weeks and even before the exam, he said to wait 2 more weeks. After the exam, he said I was about 90% healed up and definitely wait 2 more weeks.

At 8 weeks we did have s-x and I was the one who umm...guided how things went so to speak. LOL It was good but I was tender and sore. We tried again a few days later and DH was so afraid of hurting me that it just was not that great. However, we tried again this past weekend (9 weeks post op) and it WAS great!! I was still a little tender but it was sooo much better!!!!!

I never had any spotting at all after s-x though and the spotting I did have on and off after my surgery (which I didn't ever need anything for) quit completely at 8 weeks. I have been fine since then too.

Looking forward to having a normal s-x life again. Saturday was a good start

s
Marla
Unread 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Hey ya'll,
I haven't seen anyone who has mentioned sex after a LSH. Well I had a LSH on Sept. 14 less than 2 weeks ago. I kept my cervix. I am a swift healer too. I have been so busy, I drove less than a week after the surgery. Doc said within a week. I have a 2 week check up in a couple of days. I will ask the doc then about sex. I have to admit, my hubby and I did the deed after a week and a couple of days. I know that everyone is going to be upset with me, but there was no problem, we took it easy. I'm not sure if I will tell the doc that or not. I am feeling great and my life is 95% back to normal. I really have more emotional issues than physical.
Unread 09-25-2007, 01:21 PM

I had my six week visit with the dr yesterday. She would not release me back to work (work 12 hr nights at FD), but said I was good to go for s-x. I made my DH do it just to make sure everything was working right. I think my vajayjay was a bit gun-shy, but once everything was in, it worked just fine. It was the first time I haven't had pain during intercourse in 9 years!

It was wonderful. No spotting or anything. Hubby fell right asleep with a smile on his face.

I will admit, that today I am a bit sore in my abdominal area, but I expected that.

Good luck to you all!
Unread 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
5 week post-op appt.

Tomorrow is my 5 week appt. It should be interesting.......I'm ready to have sex and go back to work, just at another job Anyway, my husband is anxious as well, so to hear what the doctor has to say. We haven't even tried oral, because I was to afraid of what would happen, but I guess tomorrow night I'll know. Isn't tomorrow CSI premiere? Well, I guess I have to record it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register