First Post-Op Sex Experience... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Post-Op Sex Experience... First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Unread 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
First Post-Op Sex Experience...

I saw my Dr. at 8 weeks for my late 6 week check-up. He had to use the silver nitrate because I had an area on my cuff not completely healed, but said I could do the deed "easily." I decided to wait 2 more weeks just in case. I was worried, but it all turned out okay. No bleeding. The first couple times weren't great because I was so tense. I still haven't O'd with Dh yet, but (Sorry TMI) I've always had a hard time O'ing with Dh anyway. I think alot of it is me being tense, but I expect it to get better.

Good Luck to everyone else that's waiting to DTD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

3 weeks and still waiting
Unread 09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
6 weeks

Tried last night and tonight. It's like my sex drive is gone. My husband is supportive. He says my vigina is not as tight. I never had a vaginal brith so it must be because their is nothing keeping it pulled tight? I take my saliva test tomorrow. Sure will be glad to get the harmones back to where I feel sexual again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 11:37 PM

6 weeks to the day. It hurt a little, and then was just kinda uncomfortable. DH was afraid of hurting me, so we went really slow. He said I am tighter than before (4 vaginal births) and I could tell I was tight! It is still a little uncomfortable at first, then it feels great. I will always be tight because I have mesh surrounding vaginal walls keeping it "small". I like the new feel, and glad I can "stretch" enough to accomodate dh
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:42 PM

2 weeks and torn between wishing I could and being terrified to even think about it! I have my post op appointment next week, and was hoping to get cleared for sometime in the next few weeks but with my recent developments on the work front that isn't likely. *sigh*
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:31 AM

It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have to admit, it's been tough trying to behave, we got carried away a couple of nights ago and almost went for it, but I finally came to my senses and put a halt on the whole thing lol. It's been hard not being able to dtd, DH has been overseas since May and has only been home 2 weeks, so it's been awhile for us, we're having a hard time keeping our hands off each other and are both looking forward for the all clear. I have my 6 week check up in a few weeks and I'm hoping we can finally dtd, but I've been spotting alot and feeling alot of cramping so I'm not sure he will give the all clear and even if he said it's okay I know I'll be nervous.
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM

It's funny how every doctor is different! I asked mine before the surgery, and he told me when I felt ready, go for it. We were fooling around the other night and he accidentally slipped in a bit, and it was fine....lots of lube and only a little penetration, and I was fine....no spotting, no pain, and DH was a happy man.
Unread 09-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Too soon for me too

I am very anxious in a lot of ways. March 9 was the last time my DH and I went all the way. My original TAH/BSO surgery was scheduled for 3/10/07 & then due to insurance didn't happen then. My DH has been so worried about causing me any additional pain-he refuses to even get started. I haven't been released for vaginal anything yet, but in the words of my wonderful MD - there's more than one way to skin a cat. We have wonderful intimate moments now and I REALLY want the green light. I'm scared it will hurt (back to the 16year old thing-I hope not) I'm scared that my DH will be disappointed with my lack of enthusiasm because I don't want it to hurt. I hope it goes well & that's why I am waiting until MD says "GO!"
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latteluv
It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have to admit, it's been tough trying to behave, we got carried away a couple of nights ago and almost went for it, but I finally came to my senses and put a halt on the whole thing lol. It's been hard not being able to dtd, DH has been overseas since May and has only been home 2 weeks, so it's been awhile for us, we're having a hard time keeping our hands off each other and are both looking forward for the all clear. I have my 6 week check up in a few weeks and I'm hoping we can finally dtd, but I've been spotting alot and feeling alot of cramping so I'm not sure he will give the all clear and even if he said it's okay I know I'll be nervous.

I had the same surgery you had done and on the same day. I went to the doc on Monday since he will be on vacation for about three weeks and he told me that everything looked great and that it was ok for me to give it a "whirl". I couldn't stop laughing when he said that. I have plans for this weekend. I am apprehensive and yet anxious to go ahead with it. I am feeling good. I had my second full day of work today and I don't have the cramping or any discharge other than a light brown, I imagine all the old stuff sloughing off. Everything is falling into place.

Good luck to you.
Unread 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM

I am so nervous I can't stand it. I had so many complication before my surgery, my husband and I haven't been "together" for almost 4 months. It is very encouraging to hear that alot of you all have had a wonderfull "first time" again. Thanks I really needed that info.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register