First Post-Op Sex Experience... - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Post-Op Sex Experience... First Post-Op Sex Experience...

Unread 09-29-2007, 05:19 AM
First Post-Op Sex Experience...

I hadn't thought of that..I have my internal on Monday so I may have some answers then. Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2007, 06:33 AM

hate to say that it was actually 3 months for me due to cystocele/rectocele repair. Doc made me wait til then. I also have to say that it was not the most pleasant thing after all that time. However, prior to that we were allowed to do "other" things without penetration, and that was very nice.
Unread 09-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Lat night.. My husband and I tested .. , Happened WAY quicker. :Woohoo: but NOT READY to try again. Sore and VERY tired today. I think maybe another week before we repeat. Tell ya though, I definatitly have a sex drive! Can't wait to get to be 100%. I was also scared so I think as I heal more and time passes, I'll have a better more satisfying sex life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Oh I was 2 days shy of 3 weeks....
Unread 09-30-2007, 04:50 PM

I had my first experience last night. It was a little tender but nothing painful enough to make me want to stop. It was an all nighter and long overdo. It was great. He did say that it did feel more snug, which he liked. It was nice. Like I said, for me it was long overdue. I am having some light bleeding, but I kind of expected that. I will contact my doc if it doesn't subside. I just have to wait till the end of the month as he is now on vacation.
Unread 09-30-2007, 04:59 PM

I'm not far behind you and asure you I know what you mean by overdue. Even just being able to throw my own body around in foreplay is greatly missed... TMI..? Chuckle....
Any way your inspiring me as you went in on the 4th and I went in on the 10th..
Unread 09-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionist
I'm not far behind you and asure you I know what you mean by overdue. Even just being able to throw my own body around in foreplay is greatly missed... TMI..? Chuckle....
Any way your inspiring me as you went in on the 4th and I went in on the 10th..

I had a TVH with no complications. My doc has been my doc for 20 years. He did a great job....made me laugh when I went for my post up...he said it was ok for me to "give it a whirl". Still makes me laugh when I think of it.

You are gonna be so ready like I was. He was great..very gentle.
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM

all of you seem so excited for this. I am so scared, as I am still so tender, especially the vaginal cuff. The thought of it screams pain to me. I hope to get to the point of excitement about it! I have my post op check this thursday, I will only be four weeks out, so we will see what the doc says.
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Rubies, I think I would have screamed bloody murder if my DH had approached me at 4 weeks! A lot of healing takes place between 4 and 6 weeks. You'll feel better about it in a couple of weeks.
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM

The doctor said it was normal. The vaginal cuff was probably not healed. She suggested we wait a week or two and try again, maybe with me on top. Said to call if there is pain and bleeding again. I will freak if it happens again. We waited over 7 weeks so I didn't expect that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register