Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

LOL!!! Gee, that sounds like something I would do. Thanks for that funny leggyblnd I too have been pushing it for the last few days. I walked down to the harbour yesterday, it was such a beautiful day, I saw the sailboats, walked past the new condos, and downtown, full of the rich smells of autumn. I'm definately paying for it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2007, 06:03 PM

Hi all,
I had a LAVH 10 days ago, all went well... The worst part for me is the gas pains!! i cannot believe how much they double me over, and my butt feels like it is going to burst!! Even hurts for me to sit down....
I am not having any problems with BM, but i have stopped my meds so i dont get constipated....
I try and walk around, but i do find that if i do too much I pay for it that night or the next day!
I actually cried for the first time last night, i am so over not being able to do anything, and just having the gas pains....I am not drinking any carbonated drinks, I am staying away from spicy foods, but the gas pains are still always there...
Why is this?? IS it because our insides have been moved around and are bruised??
I just dont undderstand why?
Also when my bladder gets full it too can double me over in pain...
I am over being 'sick'......I am not good at this!!
Thanks for all your posts, sure helps to see that i am nto alone!
take care all, and i wish you all a speedy recovery..
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM

About the driving, I was told not to drive if I was using any prescription pain meds. not that you would if you were thinking about it.

but I feel just as alert and aware as when I am not using them lately, so I might not think about that criteria, so I thought I should mention it. wait 24 hours after using any narcotic such as Vicodin or percocet.

Kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm scared to even be a passenger in a car. I don't want to be jerked around. I know pillow on the tummy but still I don't want anything near my incision. I would love to go shopping though.
Unread 10-06-2007, 12:48 AM

Hi Hollymae
In terms of hair I know that an anaesthetic really messes with your hair and can affect curl or colour - mine tends to go thinner. The only dry skin issue I have had is over the incision line where it is really really itchy and dry but I am using aloe vera gel which seems to help. I now think that I know what my excruciating pain of a week ago was - am convinced that I had/have a hematoma as I have developed a bruise over the exact spot where the pain is and it feels like a hard lump - i feel the same pain in one specific spot in my lower back - when i get into bed at night it feels like there is a huge lump in the mattress - has anyone else had something similar
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Princie, since you have a Laproscopic Assist Hyst, you were probably blown up with gas so they could see inside, which would account for all the extra gas, I bet. I read they can't get all that out and it works it's way into the strangest places and causes pain. That pain isn't IN your gut, but in the cavity, affecting your gut. it takes a while for that gas to be absorbed and processed. Keep working on it, walking, and as you feel better, just your regular housework massaging the gas in your innards could help to work it out of your system. I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. Kitty
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Morning ladies - I think I overdid it a bit yesterday walking round the shops for two hours - well today was overcast and raining so I spent the afternoon in bed with a good book - it is almost 6pm and i am about to feed the family and go back to bed in a bit
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:57 AM
1 week post-op!

I'm a newbie here, 1 week post-op now, and found this site just about a week before my surgery. I can't thank everyone enough for all the information and support! I printed out some very helpful information on what to expect at the hospital, what to pack, etc., which eased some of my anxiety.
I had a very uneventful surgery! Doc removed my uterus(size of a 5 1/2 month pregnancy!) thru a previous C-section incision, and 1 ovary that had a cyst on it. He was in and out in 1 1/2 hours and I was walking the next day. Lost some weight too!
Been sleeping a lot and just doing a whole lot of nothing, and it feels great! My boyfriend and two teenage girls are taking over all the household chores. He wouldn't let me leave my bedroom for a week! (Ladies, this may be the only time in your life when your man brings you breakfast in bed! woo hoo!!)
I'm feeling good but still taking things slowly. I can feel myself healing inside and I don't want to mess anything up!
My staples (ugh!) come out Monday.
Hang in there, pre-op sisters, it'll all be over soon!
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:23 AM

I had a TLH, everything is going according to the book, but at the hospital they told me not to mess with the covering tape over my incisions (3 tinnies one), that they would fell off by themselves.... but I am almost 2 week post off now, and they are still there... I can see the incision behind them and they look good, with a crust on the top already, but I am scarred of trying to take the tape off and pull off the crust in the process... Is anyone over there with the same issue???
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:32 AM

ChristinaGrace1 - don't fret about the staple removal. They removed mine before I left the hospital and I can tell you they were done before I knew they started. You may find that you don't have any feeling at the incision and if this is the case then you probably won't feel them removing the staples. And I'm a wimp!! :-)

Mulher - I wouldn't mess with the tape. I have tape covering my incision and just taking a warm/hot shower helps them work their way off but I wouldn't pull them off. My doctor told me that they would remove any still remaining at my 4 week check up but I have a feeling there won't be many left. Just let them do their thing and then you won't risk opening up the incision any.

Hope this helps!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register