Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjcrs62
I'm a little disappointed. Tomorrow will be my two week mark and I feel like crap. My belly aches like crampy pains and I have no energy. Each day I try to do a little more than the day before but this is getting ridiculous. I have three pain pills left and don't know whether I should call the dr for a refill and feel like an addict or try to tough it out with advil. Blah! Any one else feel like this at two weeks?
Mjcrs52 - I've just passed the two week mark and have days where I feel ok and days where I feel awful - walked round the shops for two hours on friday and was absolutely finished after that. I had to get a refill of pain pills from my doc though I'm trying to halve the dose during the day and take two pills at night - don't suffer in silence its not worth it
JerseyPink - apparantly the "gap" where the uterus used to be is filled by bowel
Ladies - I've started with hot flashes even though I was on HRT years before the op - why on earth should this happen if they removed a uterus and one non-functional ovary - help - I keep thinking I have a fever but its flashes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 05:51 AM

yes today is my 2 week day and I still feel like crap I still take my lortabs every 4 hours.my belly still cramps real bad and the gas will not give up. I am very stiff after sleeping only 3to4 hours at night. In regards to work i own a childcare center with 40 children enrolled and by the complaints of the employees my partner has went crazy and has tried to be in charge a little more than needed. I wish i could feel well enough to go visit the children for a while but i still have no energy is it normal to still be this tired after 2 weeks
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I am in the same boat

Girls, I am feeling the same way, as a matter of fact, I came here today to post my concern of being so much down... I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow, and I am feeling kind of worse than my first week.... I am spotting a little bit (Dr. said it is Ok...) and a bit of cramping pain all over my belly.... I thought that I would be feeling better by now, and I just feel a bit disappointed... I hope that this will go away soon!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 09:42 AM

Ladies I am grateful for this thread right now. Tomorrow is my 2wk mark and can identify so much. Last few days sleeping has been rough and I just haven't felt well. My activivty tolerance is still pretty low as well. But it's the gas and cramping that doesn't seem to be letting up much. I've eased up on the pain pills because they are irritating my stomach as well. But yesterday I had to take quite a few. My bodies signals are all mixed up. My cue for a bowel movement is horrific gas pains and then I don't go much. Half the time I can't tell what's cramping and what's gas pains. UGH! I to get teary at times. I still have my ovaries. For me I think it's a respone to just being less active and at home. I'm used to working alot.
I just keep telling myself a few more days it will get better............
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Woke up today and I feel great took a shower, did my hair, put make up on and am about to go shopping for a little while. Still having pain in my belly but not to intense. Only need pain medicine at night.

I have been having trouble sleeping here and there. The thing that is driving me crazy is that I am so H**** . Before the operation I could care less about sex and now that I can't have all I think about is having sex. Well we will see what tomorrow brings.
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:50 AM

I could be wrong but I thought since I kept my ovaries I wouldn't be an emotional basket case. I didn't think I'd have hot flashes. Well, lemme tell ya, if it wasn't for the cymbalta I'd be a complete mess (i'm just on the verge now) and I got out of the shower today and had a hot flash...I'm like 'excuse me???" what's that about. And to top it off I start a new college class tonite cuz I think I'm super woman of the year and can do anything....grrrr!!!
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:08 AM

Hey Sisters!
I am 2 weeks post op today and feeling very good. I really keep after myself to limit my activities. I want to do so much more but am afraid I will set myself back. Had to many problems for to many years to backtrack now so I must "BEHAVE" myself. Today I go for my 2 wk checkup. Have no idea what doc is planning to do. Hopefully nothing. I was put on an Estradiol patch of 0.1 before leaving the hospital and so far am not having any problems. Doc said he was going to switch me to a pill form today because they are easier to wean off of when I'm ready. I may never be ready!! Well off the the doctor!
Be well, loucindy
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:57 AM

I'm feeling lousy today, no energy whatsoever. The pain isn't bad, just a low ache and the bowel and urinary spasms have eased somewhat. The gas pains have gotten more painful, though and my upper and middle back hurts like heck. I'm trying not to bend and stretch to much because I don't want to stress the stitches. I've been taking 2 tylenol to try and cut the pain but today I cut a 800 ibuprofin pill in half and took it.

The mint tea seems to help a little with the gas as well. We went out to eat yesterday and I ate mostly meat but I did have about 10 small white beans in sauce, guess that's what I'm paying for today!
I look at all the things that need to be done around here and it is driving me crazy, especially the floors in need of vacuuming! aaargh!
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM

I thought I had the gas under control but I can't live without Gas-X. I was also hoping that I would be using less vicodin. I make it to the 5 hour mark and say oh I can do another hour. Then by hour 6 I'm hurting bad. I don't have an appointment until 3 weeks am I going to be better by then?
Unread 10-08-2007, 12:58 PM
2 week post op

Hi ladies

I will be two week post op on thursday, i still have the hard bump on the left side of my incision and the horrible phantom pain as well. It seems the left side is most common with these problems with most of us. The gas and BM's are still painful, I have not taken any pain med other than motrin, i think i am going back on something other than oxycodin, which made me see spiders hanging from the walls, when i call the doctor. The hotflashes suck, yes they do. I am on est 2.5mg. My emtions are on a rollercoaster and i feel foolish for telling the doctor im having a variety of mood swings, but i will because i am causing family members concern, as well as myself.

for us all i will maintain a positive outlook, i feel it will take a little more time for my body to adjust to that empty space where my uterus and ovaries used to be. im not giving up that this was the best decision for me though, its just going to take a little more time for me to recover than others. im so jealous of you who are smoothly riding the wave of change.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register