Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

This site to me has been a life saver, I am much more relaxed about my recovery, knowing that i can come here and ask or just talk.....
I am now 16 days post op, I am doing really well....still have slight pain, no need for pains meds though.....I have found out that i cant run though, that hurts!! hehehehe (i was running to answer the phone)
I am very happy with my recovery...I still get gassy pains, but no where near as bad as earlier on...
Some days i even forget that i actaully had a hyster!!
Hope you are all feeling as good as me very soon!
have a great day, I am off to do some grocery shopping this morning, but i wil get teh boys to push the trolley out to my car!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
A Step at a Time

I'm home and finally released to drive. My DH has been great. The rest of my family was mostly a different story, so the driving release was almost as much of a comfort as the morphine pump right after surgery!!
I am doing a little more each day and am making it through on just the ibuprofen. I'm still swelling at the end of the day. Last night it was bad enough that I had to put on different pj's. Anyhow, I hope all are doing well. I've got to try to find my kitchen table under the stack of mail that has been piling up. A "case worker" is coming over this afternoon and I want to be able to see her somewhere besides my bedroom.
Unread 10-12-2007, 03:03 PM

I made it to the store today. One of my friends came over and mopped my floor then took me and my kids out to lunch. At first I didn't want to go but it felt good to get out of the house. I haven't used any pain meds today. Ibuprofen upsets my stomach and I still plan on using vicodin at night. I'm just toughing it out today to see how I do. I'm ready for a nap though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM

I am post op six months. I have read all posts and am glad to see that the great support is still here. Please know that this site is a God send. No question is stupid or unworthy of asking. You will get a positive answer each time.

I am doing fine and adjusting to the hormonal changes-- I kept only the ovaries. I was told that I would not go through the symptoms of menapause, but whoa nellie!! It feels like it's going to take forever, but I am surviving with a good mindset and non prescriptive help. I have also lost @ 12 pounds and several inches due to the support of my sisters here on this forum. I want to encourage all of you to keep positive about each day and enjoy the rest. Don't rush exercise and house hold chores-- I did (twice) and had a set back each time. Pamper yourself daily and give yourself a pat on the back. We are here for you.

Reesescup
Unread 10-12-2007, 05:01 PM

BB butterfly, it is great to have such good friends. Enjoy each day. Try to enjoy nature by sitting on the deck or any private spot where you can see the birds and butterflies! Soak up the rest and reflect as much as you can. Each day will get easier.

Reesescup
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:29 PM

Good news...I was out all day. I went out with the girls from work for lunch and then went to the mall with my kids. I was out for like five or six hours. It was incredible. I don't feel too bad, I'm wearing my swelly belly band now and just watching a movie. Hugs to all.
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I salute you!!

five or six hours, Mjcrs62!!!??? Wow, I applaude you. I still have not worked up the stamania to stay out past three let alone 4-5 hours yet. I do, however like to sit and sip coffee as my children shop so that they can get their shop on. Rest and rest some more whenever you get the chance especially since the holidays are coming up! Then its the real shopin time!!

Reeses cup
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks Reeses! I still feel pretty good...now I'm watchin baseball til it's time for sleepy. I am really surprised how well I did today. It's just like I all of a sudden felt better. I'm resting tomorrow...no plans at all. I think the walking was good for the legs, as much as they hurt it was a good thing. Let's hope I don't pay for it tomorrow. Have a great night!
Unread 10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
doing better

Hello Ladies,

I am doing so much better, the mood swings have decreased and my emotions are under control. My swelly belly is gone and i have one stitch hanging out onthe left side of my incision. The itching is drving me wild but a little neosporin or bacitracin relieves some of it.

I saw some stitches pass, they look like small black worms , so I know that I am getting better on the inside. I still have pain onthe left side but mothing motrin can handle. I also still have some bladder spasms in the am but they decrease by the pm.

Hot flashed are still a horror but I will adjust, i have my next appt on the 24th of this month, a little worried about penetration, but am excited to give it a test run.

Good luck to everyone and speedy recoveries.
Unread 10-13-2007, 08:49 AM

Sabby
Unfortunately many doc's and people in general say no "sex" but what it really means is no penetration. My doc said 6 wks. We specifically discussed this. So feel freee to explore other avenues. Otherwise call your doctors office and ask. Trust me it's worth it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register