Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Ok I'm dreaming crazy dreams. I woke up when the red ants started eating my stomach. Then I realized that it was in pain lots of pain.
I went to a soccer game too. I went so well my husband wanted to go out to eat. I only made it half way through lunch before I asked to go home. I came home for a pain pill and a nap. Now I feel great again! Reeses--how did you lose 12 pounds. That how much I want to get rid of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2007, 05:53 PM

amdown and Sabbie, I had to wait eight weeks!! It was a sad time for HD but he wanted me to be well and up to it. I must say that I have not had any real bad ordeals only a few times that were painful--afterwards. I still have spasms from time to time. I just relax where I am and concentrate until they go away. Relapses are not fun. Be careful and listen to your body. It is worth it and I know for a fact that if more time is needed, it will be worth the wait!!

Reesescup
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:06 PM
A Necessity

BB butterfly

It was a necessity. I was diagnosed with diabetes shortly after the hysterectomy. It took me a while to heal. I first gained weight due to depression from the news. I am on the 1800 calorie diet (diabetic) and seeing a dietician and diabetic nurse at least every three weeks. I also have to exercise regularly. I still hurt in the abdomen area when I over exert myself, but I have learned to listen to my body and not over do it.The meds also makes me ill, but I am sooooo much better now that it is almost adjusted. I still have a ways to go with the weight, but I am so much better because I have sisters like you who keep me uplifted in spirit and mind.

Reeses cup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Hello sisters... I am doing pretty good...no more pain meds but the itching is driving me crazy.... I had a TLH, the itch is not on the incisions, it is all over my belly.... I am trying to use some moisture cream, but still, is anyone having the same problem???
Unread 10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
itchy

Mulher,

I too have been having crazy itchiness all over my belly and on my incision. I use the swelly belly band, which helps, I also put ointment (polysporin) on the incision, and a creamy Keri type lotion on my abdomen. But, the itching is on the inside, you know, they said it was a sign of healing.
I'm not sure what else, I was thinking of getting an anti-itch lotion? Do you have a swelly belly band? Or an ice bag? it does help but I don't think anything but time will take the crazy itching away.

Laura
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Thanks Laura for letting me know that I am not the only one with this "crazy" itching thing... I am using a bit of hydrocortisone cream just where it gets a bit of reddish after my "gentle" scratching.. otherwise I am using just a moisture cream... I will call my doctor nurse just to ask what she suggest... I will let you know
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:54 PM

I had my TAH Sept. 26. I never bled until a week later. I'm still bleeding, using at least 5 pads per day...when will this stop? I wake up each morning and need to change my pj's because of the blood on them. My doctor says just to wait it out unless I soak 2 pads an hour. On top of the bleeding, I had a bladder infection which I started taking antibiotics for a few days ago...that is doing better, but the bleeding goes on...does anyone else have experience with this?
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Oh that stinks, I bleed just a bit after surgery, and for about four days then nothing, though i do get a funky smell sometimes. Kitty
Unread 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM

d1of4.....you should probably contact your doctor and ask them about them. I didn't bleed at all.
I don't have the itching...i have pain like the kind where I pulled my muscles or I have cramps...go figure. I had a TAH on 9/24. I've been doing more in the last three days then I've done in the last 3 weeks.
And Kitty...I can't stand the smell! I bought Pampers Sensitive baby wipes and clean my 'fold' a couple times a day. That's gotta go away at some point I guess. Hugs to all!!!!
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:40 AM

Week 3 and doing better, though fustrated a wee bit about not being able to do all the things I used to be able to yet, nor do I have the stamina. I have small lasting bursts of, "ok, lets get something done, get life on!",and then have to nap......

I know it IS important to take it easy as not to disturb the healing process of all the tiny sutures inside, I am trying hard to law low when i do feel stronger. (my fall housework cleaning is gonna have to wait until spring!)
I did sweep my front steps(probably not bright to do but it felt good to be outside doing something...)and straightened up round the house a little, did some laundry(I have everything here in the house so no large nor any baskets need to be lifted , don't worry!)..and then took a nap.

I haven't been out of the house in three weeks other than the ride home and to a Dr. appointment so over the weekend I went out to dinner Saturday with family, and then took a spin chaufeured and motored by family via a wheelchair round Wally World.(it was kinda fun, really though I felt silly sitting in a wheelchair, I really couldn't have walked through there myself this soon) I was dead tired wiped out by the time we got back home, but it was great to get out!

It still hurts and my abdomen and groin areas swell when I sit in a straightback chair too long , stand too long, or ride in a car too long,( I assume because all the weight is then baring down on all the surgery sites for one, and it does get worse at night the swelling). I have switched from heat compresses to now needing ice in the past 3 days. The "Swelly Belly Band" is now to be put to very good use!

Some internal vag. sutures are starting to disolve i've noticed. At first I was wondering what in the world I was seeing, but thankfully once again here on the site everything I have ever needed to know about going through all of this I found here on this site!

I am looking forward to sex and always have liked it but am scared really to even THINK about attempting it for many weeks, (like until Christmas or after New Years!)The horemones have bounced around fluctuating, not quite as badly as before with suddendly feeling rather "armourous"(following the immediate I don't want anything near down there with a 50 foot pole after all that that whole region just went under!!!), and a few hot flashes and sleep disturbances, tummy upsets too, (throwing up is NOT pleasant right now as one could imagine)so I cut back on the heavy duty ibuprofen to see if that was what was making my stomach upset.(I had hiccups over the weekend, that was not cool, but funny as I grabbed myself! :::hiccup:::"owwww"giggle :::hiccup:: because it sounded and i looked and felt ridiculous!)

I hope everyone else is doing well, and that your Monday is off to a good start nicely, and again I think it is so wonderful to have you all here for support, thank you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register