Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Going to the doctors for my two and a half week checkup tomorrow. Just wondering do they do a pelviv exam then? My abdomen is still bothering me and I can't even think about that.

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 07:08 AM

i to had a TAH on the 24th of sept. I feel like you and I also went to wally world on saturday but i walked for an hour through the store and i got way to tired i had to come home amd lay down. I havent swept or anything like that yet but i did cook last night and fold laundry, I get mad sometimes because i feel like i should be healing faster than i am. My stomach also hurts from chairs and by the evening i am very swollen again. I just came back from my daycare i decided to go and see the kids and parents for a bit and i needed to check on my employees i didnt do much but after being there for 2 hours i am very tired again. I hope this doesnt last for to many more weeks. Do you take any vitamins? I only take premarin for the estrogen I wasnt sure if i needed to add anything else.
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariam
Going to the doctors for my two and a half week checkup tomorrow. Just wondering do they do a pelviv exam then? My abdomen is still bothering me and I can't even think about that.

Maureen
I had one..... It is over quickly if one is done. Take ibuprofen before or have it with you to take immediately after helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpat409
i to had a TAH on the 24th of sept. I feel like you and I also went to wally world on saturday but i walked for an hour through the store and i got way to tired i had to come home amd lay down. I havent swept or anything like that yet but i did cook last night and fold laundry, I get mad sometimes because i feel like i should be healing faster than i am. My stomach also hurts from chairs and by the evening i am very swollen again. I just came back from my daycare i decided to go and see the kids and parents for a bit and i needed to check on my employees i didnt do much but after being there for 2 hours i am very tired again. I hope this doesnt last for to many more weeks. Do you take any vitamins? I only take premarin for the estrogen I wasnt sure if i needed to add anything else.

Ask your physician about taking a vitamin, and I feel exactly, and I mean exactly how you do and even went to Wally World too on Saturday just to get out of the house! (i was pushed around in a wheelchair which was silly but I think probably smart.)
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjcrs62
d1of4.....you should probably contact your doctor and ask them about them. I didn't bleed at all.
I don't have the itching...i have pain like the kind where I pulled my muscles or I have cramps...go figure. I had a TAH on 9/24. I've been doing more in the last three days then I've done in the last 3 weeks.
And Kitty...I can't stand the smell! I bought Pampers Sensitive baby wipes and clean my 'fold' a couple times a day. That's gotta go away at some point I guess. Hugs to all!!!!

Doing the same here, and was told and read on here that this happens because of the pH and all with sutures inside vag. healing, ect ...it happens.

Reminder: (like you need one, right?) Do not insert anything IN side though at this point! No douching or self administering creams. Some Docs think all natural plain yogurt helps with this with biofloras to help re balance the chemistry inside the vagina helps...And drinking cranberry juice. And if it gets really bad (the vaginal discharge), and smell, and or itching and burning or fever and chills consult your Doc of course!* This is mentioned too in the weeks 3~4 checkpoints on this site.
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:40 AM

MissKris71 Hello!!

After reading your post., I had to smile. It has been 6 mos for me and I experienced most of what you are expereincing now.
This site really helped me with all I was going through including the "not so good days." You are on your way to recovery!! To get myself in the mood for that day I ironed up ALL of my nightees and sprayed them with the perfume HD loves.

I did this because I did not want anything near me down there--ever-- this was to help me to get my mindset right and help ward off the negative thoughts. It was worth it because I did not realize how many nightees I actually had. This put a smile on HD's face and a new attitude in my spirit--trust me I needed it. Stay strong--rest--and allow a little dust to accumulate because you need pampering now to heal and to heal with love.

Reesescup
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeses cup
MissKris71 Hello!!

After reading your post., I had to smile. It has been 6 mos for me and I experienced most of what you are expereincing now.
This site really helped me with all I was going through including the "not so good days." You are on your way to recovery!! To get myself in the mood for that day I ironed up ALL of my nightees and sprayed them with the perfume HD loves.

I did this because I did not want anything near me down there--ever-- this was to help me to get my mindset right and help ward off the negative thoughts. It was worth it because I did not realize how many nightees I actually had. This put a smile on HD's face and a new attitude in my spirit--trust me I needed it. Stay strong--rest--and allow a little dust to accumulate because you need pampering now to heal and to heal with love.

Reesescup

Thank you for the advice
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Kristi, I can sure feel for you about the hiccups. I had them for three days after I got off the morphine. turns out My Daughter told me Morphine and derivatives give her hiccups too, so I'll have to try to remember that If I ever have abdominal surgery again.
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM

How long before I can lift again. I made the mistake of trying to carry my 17 pound baby and it hurt. I wasn't thinking because I'm feeling pretty good as long as I stay regular. Passing gas still isn't as breezy as I'd like it too be!
Unread 10-15-2007, 11:12 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

It is so wonderful to read all of your blogs. Everytime I start thinking I am doing something abnormal I read your blogs and find out I'm being normal. Today is 3wks post op for me and I feel great. I don't have any pain mostly just itching. My itching is right between my legs!! Can't exactly go around scratching!! Hope it goes away soon. Haven't noticed any stiches desolving yet but do still have some bleeding and odor. I am very aware of the odor and pray others can't smell it!! For those of you that have been experiencing hot flashing etc, did you have your ovaries removed and if so are you on hormones? I had my ovaries removed and have been wearing a hormone patch since leaving the hospital. I haven't had any memopause symptoms, is the worst yet to come? Right now I mostly notice that I have NO energy at all. A small outing and I need a nap! When I go back to work on Nov 5th I will be working my usual 13 hour shifts every other day. I am really worried I won't be able to keep up. Keep up all the great informational blogs!

loucindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register