Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

BB Butterfly,
I'm trying to reset my internal clock as well, I got up today at 9 instead of 10 and went to church. I went to bed at two am so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to sleep at nine or so instead of staying up all night. I'd like to get to the point of being able to get to sleep when My hubby does at nine and get up at five so I can Get dressed, pray and be ready for my grandkids to come when they get here at six am, In three weeks.

right now I need to start getting a routine in place so I can be less stressed than I used to be when they came. I think it was the lack of sleep and not having my prayer and Bible reading done when they got here was making me feel frustrated to have them rather than happy like I used to.

But ANYway, I wonder if you aren't just resetting your internal clock to people time rather than owl time. you might find your ready at a normal hour and able to get to sleep when you go, if you're lucky and God is on your side. LOL

That's what I'm praying for. it would help our electric bill if I'd go to bed at a regular hour. and maybe our heating bill. I'm a habitual night owl who's trying to turn into a cave person. up at dawn, asleep by dark. teehee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM

Dear Helpat409...

Is it "bladder" pain? Does your bladder spasm when you urinate?Rita 1957
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:38 AM

thanks to reese cup and kitty for your answers to my problems the other day. I will try them, today is monday and I just came home from work I only worked 6 hours and I feel okay. Were planning the Halloween party at my daycare so there is alot to do this week but I decided to let my employees handle alot of it they have been so nice to me I think I'll give them all a dinner gift card when I'm able to get back full time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Rita 1957,
I dont think so it doesn't hurt when I go to the bathroom I think I just got to tired and maybe everything just hurt. I've decided to slow down and it has been better this weekend. Thanks!!
Unread 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM

helpat409

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Keep us posted and take it very easy, especially since you're working again.

do you have a belly band? I went without mine for a couple days friday and Saturday and had stomach pains toward evening especially, so if you have one, be sure and use it. It will help so much. Yesterday I used mine and was able to go to church both morning and evening with no pain.

Kitty
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:29 PM

kitty,
no i do not have a belly band. I thought I had waited to long to purchase one since it has been 5 weeks since my surgery. If its not to late maybe I could still get one.
Robin
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Well, I'm still using mine and find it a help. I can't say how many others who had theirs about the same time as us are still using them, but I find it a great relief.

course I also have a pretty good sized belly too, which aches inside when I don't wear it. it's the aching inside which makes me think it isn't just the fat that is causing it.

Kitty
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

I saw my dr for my 4 week check up. He says I'm doing great and that I don't have any restrictions. I also have to return to work next Monday. He said try it and if I can't do it then he'll extend it. I don't know if I'm ready for that. My sister is upset cuz I was never well enough in my four weeks to make a trip from Pa to MA to see her and her little ones. So now I've ticked her off? She says call him and extend my leave one more week but I really don't think I can. I have to get back to work - lots piling up and it's my dept with no back up. Blah....I just don't know what to do. And I don't think I'm up to a six hour drive to her house anyway. How do I deal with all this? And try to continue to get better??????
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Mjcrs62, If you don't feel up to six hours of driving, tell her so, then offer to come at a time that is more convenient to you. how about Christmas?

I think anything over an hour is going to far for me. LOL Kitty
Unread 10-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Almost 4 weeks, now

Hello, ladies! It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my TAH and I just wanted to post a little update. I have been feeling better than I expected. I still get tired easy, but I have been able to get back to doing some of my normal things. I did overdo a little this weekend; went to the grocery store with my oldest pushing the cart for me and then came home and "helped" my 2 DD clean the house. Just being up on my feet that long was a little more than I am ready for. by evening, my swelly belly was back and I fell asleep in the chair. Other than that, my incision is healing well, most of my steri-strips have fallen off, and I only have occasional pain, which Ibuprophren takes care of.

I have 2 more weeks before I return to work, and while my mind is ready to return to work, I'm nervous that my body will not be ready. I work at a hospital and am on my feet at least 9 hours a day seeing patients. Not much time to sit and rest. On top of my regular work load, we are moving to a new hospital 1 month after I return, so work will be even crazier! I'm sure I will be fine, but I just needed to get it out that I am a little worried.

Hope all the other princesses are doing well in their recovery and I wish everyone a speedy recovery!

mjesse
TAH 9/26/07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register