Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Not going to well

Hey Sistas!

I am not having the best recovery all - it all started bad - Happy 30th birthday to me - it started with a TAH/BSO and ended with poor pain control - then two weeks post my darling 70# golden retriever jumped on my incision - causing a seroma and tore out my suture ancore - I have been in so much discomfort - about a 7 according that scale on this site.
Thanks for letting me vent - my dh is just not understanding that I could be in this much pain still - the percocet is all that is helping - I am trying to taper it - but it just goes back to a 7 - when can i expect to get better? Sometimes I feel like this guy :grr

TAH/BSO - endo and fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

I would think that your sweet puupy's love jump set your recovery back some. Talk to your doctor about your pain level and try to take it easy-you are still a Princess!!!

Prayers and hugs
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:32 PM

Piker 53--Wow you have had a "nice" time haven't you?!! I think that you would benefit from a little pampering. You are on your second round of healing-thanks to all the unexpected comotion! Take time out for you. Don't beat yourself up for having pain. Sometimes re-opened wounds take more time to heal. As you back off the prescription meds, try over the counter meds like motrin or aleve-if you can take them. I know that you are feeling bad, but on the bright sunny mornings, take the time to sit outside for a while and reflect. This is what helped me. Watch out for the dog though.
It took me a while to heal due to diabetes, but I healed. Try to put on a little soft music to help you relax. This will help take your mind off the pain a little. I tried several tactics and the music, pampering,and enjoying nature boosted my spirits and helped me to heal-physically and emotionally.

Reeses cup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM

By the way Happy Birthday to you Piker53 and many more!!

Rest well.

Reeses cup
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:11 AM

Thank you for your kinds words - It is so nice to know that I am not the only one out there!

Oh - by the way - Happy Boo Day!

JP
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM

Sorry Piker 53 I can't imagine a seventy pound dog jumping on me. I had my surgery aday after yours and when I got home I always kept a husk pillow on my stomach because I have a eighteen pound cat that I knew would do the same thing. Still felt it but not as bad. Hope you feel better i'm still taken about three darvacet aday. Actually today is the first day I put makeup on, normally just take a shower. I still find myself quite tire about this time everyday, is that normal? Well takecare everyone and hope you all have a happy hollowen.

Maureen
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:44 AM

I am starting back to work tomorrow. My employer wants me to start slow, so I don't have to work the full 40 hours. I am nervous about going in, about having to sit at my desk, etc. I'm scared that I will have stomach trouble and that I'm not going to sleep tonight. I've been having insomnia for about a week now. Trying not to take sleeping pills, which I did for about 5 weeks prior to the surgery. But I am just so anxious about starting back to work. Physically I know it will be okay, at least for 5-6 hours for a while, but it's my emotions that I am afraid of. I am afriad of the responsibility of work. All I have had to deal with for the past 5 weeks is myself, and now it will be so much more. Is this a natural reaction, or am I over reacting as usual?
Unread 10-31-2007, 02:51 PM

I did have a pillow over me - but he got me while I was sleeping - now I am positioning myself to sleep on my sides - I have not been able to go onto my stomach yet - How long does it take to be able to do that? I am a total tummy sleeper - I miss it.
Unread 10-31-2007, 02:58 PM

As far as anxiety and being more sensitive to things - I am hearing you loud and clear Sister!

My doctor has prescribed me Cymbalta 60mg and Ambien CR 12.5 since my oven and eggs left me. These two meds make me feel more like my old self again. The vidivelle - totally spelled that wrong - but the estrogen patch has helped me as well. I am still exhasted and requiring daily naps. I am not going back to work til 11/19 because of the dog jumping on me. But I will be praying and thinking of you. Remeber to take frequent breaks and bring a little chocolate - that always makes me smile. You can come visit us and we will help you through your day.

PS - don't try to act as if you are already back to 100% because by the sounds of it your not - take your time and please take care of you!

JP
TAH/BSO 9/26/endo IV and tumors
Unread 10-31-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker53
I did have a pillow over me - but he got me while I was sleeping - now I am positioning myself to sleep on my sides - I have not been able to go onto my stomach yet - How long does it take to be able to do that? I am a total tummy sleeper - I miss it.
I can't sleep on my stomach yet either. When I start to roll over to much on my side it starts to hurt. I would probally guess about another month.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register